Rumor: Valeri Nichushkin close to a KHL deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
So, I guess Penguin fans need to figure out another target to add when Pittsburgh trades Fleury to Dallas for Niemi and ???

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
Put me in the "I don't care" camp. Like many Stars fans I had very high hopes for Nuke when he was drafted but a number of reasons/factors have contributed to him not living up to those hopes. I've rarely been impressed by his performance on the ice.

My feeling is that he was rushed (I know Dallas' hand were tied) to the NHL. A couple seasons in the AHL would have done wonders for his development but that wasn't and isn't an option. Perhaps playing in the KHL will help him develop his game, but frankly I doubt it. Oh well.

GongShowWilly

time to pay the Piper
Jan 25, 2016
Alberta
I hope he goes , picked him the last 3 years in my pool , would have again this year ...lol
but until it's signed , could be a tactic by his agent ... no one really wants to go to KHL , unless you are retiring soon

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Canucks fan at the draft:
zomgzzz we alrdy have kesler why didn't we pick nichushkin we have enough 2 way forwards!?!?!

edit: forgot "fire gillis!!!!"

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd say it's good for Dallas. Nichushkin needs to play a couple of years in the KHL to become NHL ready. And then he will still be RFA.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
The Stars should trade Nicha in the NHL. He obviously isn't a fit there. His injuries set him back, but I thought he had some good chemistry with Benn and Seguin.

My 90 year old grandmother could have chemistry with Benn and Sequin...

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I'm actually kind of surprised by this...He's had two 30 point seasons and is only 21...

If ruff is seriously his reason for leaving, dallas should trade his rights for a pick and start over.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
So what are the odds Las Vegas picks up his rights in the expansion draft?

Well if you had a choice between a current NHL player and an unsigned player in the KHL that can't return for at least another year(if ever) which would you pick ?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I think they will be much better ice time-wise. Kirill Petrov is a scoring machine over there with the same CSKA. Nichuskin will do fine methinks.

I don't know where this whole ice time thing is coming from. He may not have the big ice time numbers over the course of the whole season but he had prime opportunities early in the season and did jack squat with them.

He is a turnover machine at the offensive blue line. He is easily rubbed off the puck. He consistently loses puck battles along the boards. He has a lot of trouble receiving passes. His shot is almost non-existent. These are all things that add up to losing ice time to players who have less skill but more effort and defensive awareness.

If ruff is seriously his reason for leaving, dallas should trade his rights for a pick and start over.

No. Keep the rights and let him come back on our terms or not at all. Zero reason to trade him now.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Current NHL player is a pretty relative term.

Okay then here's a specific name: Cody Eakin. Would you rather take him or a KHL player ? You can just look at the Stars roster and see plenty of players with more value to Vegas than the rights to a player that may never return.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
No. Keep the rights and let him come back on our terms or not at all. Zero reason to trade him now.

What?? Why?

He's choosing not to play on a top team right now in the NHL that is a very good contender for the cup and has two top 10 players in the league on its roster... You think he's going to be running back under your terms? If this was Sid and Geno that he refused to play with, our minds would be blown... Why this attitude for Benn and Sequin??

If anything, trade him now...If he does well in the KHL, he'll stay there with the option of coming back to the NHL at top dollar. Otherwise he probably won't come back... And as time goes on, you'll get less and less for his rights because teams know you won't resign him because of cap restraints. Especially when the Sequin cheap deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad