Confirmed with Link: Tucker Poolman signed (3 years, 775K AAV)

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Trouba was deployed as the #1 for about 1/3 of his GP by 5v5 TOI.
He was #2 for the bulk of the remainder.

His impact relative to ice time was #1 on the Jets.

He’s like a bigger and slightly better Enström. 3 goals just won’t do it if he wants a big overpayment.

Buff takes over games.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He’s like a bigger and slightly better Enström. 3 goals just won’t do it if he wants a big overpayment.

Buff takes over games.
Enstrom's contract is like a 6.5m contract today. If Trouba is slightly better, he should be worth 6.75m per year for 5 years.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Enstrom's contract is like a 6.5m contract today. If Trouba is slightly better, he should be worth 6.75m per year for 5 years.

I was pretty vocal about how bad I thought the Enström contract was, so I don’t think his contract is a good measurement by any means. All GMs seem to agree because he’s not signed ,P

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He wasn't but nobody saw the drop off coming or the fact he missed over 90! games in the last 4 seasons.

edit ... I'd like to see Enstrom as a 3/4 LHD at 1.5m for one more year to be honest. He is better than Chiarot if you ask me.

Reactions: DashingDane

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Perhaps a D like Poolman who has opted for a longer term contract will be given more opportunity this year over a D that is most likely playing his last year. A chance to speed up his development.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Perhaps a D like Poolman who has opted for a longer term contract will be given more opportunity this year over a D that is most likely playing his last year. A chance to speed up his development.
Poolman is not going to see more ice time than Trouba...he'll be lucky to stay on the starting roster.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
without sounding like i'm trying to start a war if they decide to go with myers long term I cant see why trouba should play on the right side at all. poolman should be given 3rd spot plus we would need a 2ld which would and should be trouba .

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Sorry to break it to you, but Poolman is likely fully developed as a defenseman. About the only thing he's missing is NHL experience. He is not going to supplant Trouba, because Trouba is objectively the better defenseman. The object is to win games, and the Jets have the best chance of winning games when Trouba and Byfuglien play the most minutes on the right side.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Insurance plan depending on how Trouba & Myers workout.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Sorry to break it to you, but Poolman is likely fully developed as a defenseman. About the only thing he's missing is NHL experience. He is not going to supplant Trouba, because Trouba is objectively the better defenseman. The object is to win games, and the Jets have the best chance of winning games when Trouba and Byfuglien play the most minutes on the right side.
Experience is a huge factor for D, along with opportunity. I think that with opportunity Poolman can shine. He really has a lot of tools and good hockey sense.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Love Poolman and I'd say it's obvious he wants to be here for a chance to play for a winner.

Even if he's sporting antlers to start the season he will be soaring as a Jet at various points of the season as there is no way in h e double toothpicks all of the top six each play 82 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad