Confirmed with Link: Tucker Poolman signed (3 years, 775K AAV)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
3 years makes sense as it buys 1 U.F.A. year.....
The Poolman is waiver free this year.... so it assumes with the glut of D depth on the Jets...... it is likely he may spend 1/2 this season on the Moose again. This allows him guaranteed take home pay of 650 K this year on a 1 way...

Next year we have a very good replacement for Chairott at 1/2 the cost for 2 years...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
3 years makes sense as it buys 1 U.F.A. year.....
The Poolman is waiver free this year.... so it assumes with the glut of D depth on the Jets...... it is likely he may spend 1/2 this season on the Moose again. This allows him guaranteed take home pay of 650 K this year on a 1 way...

Next year we have a very good replacement for Chairott at 1/2 the cost for 2 years...
You'd have to think with 7 d-man that would have to clear waivers that Poolman plays this season as # 8 on the depth chart starting with the Moose. Getting $650,000 no matter where he plays makes a lot of sense for both him and the Jets.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Like Poolman. I think he just needs to NHL games and I think he'd be good for full time bottom pairing. I believe he also plays his offside, if I remember correctly?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
(mod)

Trouba did nothing wrong.

Yes.. technically from a CBA point of view.. he did nothing wrong.

If person "A" asks for a trade, sits out the start of a season, becomes the first and only player in Jets' history to have an arbitration hearing, asks for more money than most people ( and not just on this website ) think he's worth, tells everyone he wants to stay long term and wants to be signed ASAP... yet here we are... what does say about the player's intentions? IMO It says I'm in this to get the most money I can in the time I can, by becoming an UFA as soon as possible.

Fair enough, it's his right. And it's my right to want him to do it somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Yes.. technically from a CBA point of view.. he did nothing wrong.

If person "A" asks for a trade, sits out the start of a season, becomes the first and only player in Jets' history to have an arbitration hearing, asks for more money than most people ( and not just on this website ) think he's worth, tells everyone he wants to stay long term and wants to be signed ASAP... yet here we are... what does say about the player's intentions? IMO It says I'm in this to get the most money I can in the time I can, by becoming an UFA as soon as possible.

Fair enough, it's his right. And it's my right to want him to do it somewhere else.

You want one of our best defensemen to play elsewhere? Awesome.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
That's odd. I wonder what kind of money they're looking at.

Probably US or Canadian currency, don't think he would want to be paid in Euro's or any other currency although Swiss Francs are attractive!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Why? Because as we have seen and everything indicates it is this way going into this season as well, the Jets want to be able to act on opportunities.

They wanted and got a pricey add at C, that could be the case again. Injuries happen too which could make the Jets want room to fill that spot or spots from outside the organization. Right up against the cap can be done but it restricts you and from what I know I truly believe Kevin Cheveldayoff if he can manage it does not want to be handcuffed by that.

There is a real belief a Cup can be won this year, they also believed that last year which is why the big move for Stastny. If Morrissey can be signed long term for a salary the Jets feel is right and best for them they certainly could do that but using a bridge isn't a negative. Look what St.Louis did with Edmundson, they like him and will want to lock him up but this year didn't work as well as it will next year.

We can't afford to give up anymore prime future assets for a grade A rental. Our cupboard has already taken a decent hit over the last year and I dare say we really can't handle another first plus a B prospect leaving.

The only deals I see us doing at the deadline are depth related deals like the Morrow one.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Signing bonus is built into a contract's final total. It's important only if there is a lock out. I believe he is not eligible for performance bonus money. I think you have to have a entry level contract or be over age 35 to have performance bonus contracts.

Last year he had performance bonuses but I don't know what was required to activate them.

Signing bonuses can be part of any contract.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
If he doesn't want to be here and plans to walk as a FA then yeah probably best to trade him. Some obvious red flags with this player including having a poor work ethic.

Poor work ethic? You're kidding right?

It's amazing how fans can spin some bs on a player just because he wants to get paid what he's worth. If he indeed wants out of Winnipeg that's his right and he's not doing anything he's not allowed to do.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Poolman had Shoulder surgury on both shoulders at the same time just b4 he signed his 1st N.H.L. deal. This is a guy who refused turning pro the year b4 to play a final season at North Dakota with his younger brother.

He had a scare just b4 he signed his 1st N.H.L. contract. I can see why he would choose the guaranteed 2.3 mill contract over 3 years rather than betting on himself, playing half of next season on the Moose on a 2 way contract making 350k.

At the end of this contract he will be 28 and can cash in then if he meets his potential.

In the meantime the Jets get a very team friendly contract with loads of pottential for the Poolman to drasticly outplay his contract in years 2 and 3.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
We can't afford to give up anymore prime future assets for a grade A rental. Our cupboard has already taken a decent hit over the last year and I dare say we really can't handle another first plus a B prospect leaving.

The only deals I see us doing at the deadline are depth related deals like the Morrow one.
Not a fan of continually making tread deadline deals like the Stastny one if there is no retention. Saying that every situation is unique, maybe Jets move a player or two at the deadline and get future assets and also send futures for a different player.

I believe the Jets would again do that if the belief was strong enough that the deal tilted the likelihood of winning a cup strongly in their favour. If that indeed was the case I would have to be completely on board.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How good is he really/can be? he played like 12 mins/night this year in a bottom pairing role.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I'm a fan he has an excellent first pass and i think the more he gets used the more comfortable he will get . Players when they first come up are so worried about making mistakes they will hold back for fear if they do make a mistake they will be benched or be sitting in the stands . I think he will settle in quite nicely as a 5-6 reliable dman that could move up if needed . Good signing

Reactions: DJBiffWPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad