Confirmed with Link: Tucker Poolman signed (3 years, 775K AAV)

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
What in the actual f***? This is unreal. Not much risk that he can't AT LEAST be a good 7/8 guy and he's barely making over league minimum. I love this deal.

Reactions: Tommigun and Huffer

cneill4

Jun 21, 2016
Im sure he likes the idea of being locked in for 3 years on a cup contender, that is only 2 hours from his home town. So he probably could have made more money over the 3 years by betting on himself and just doing a 1 year deal but probably has different priorities with this signing.

Reactions: Tommigun

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I don't see it looks that way at all.

Chiarot also gives side versatility and he has improved each year, for bottom end guy you could do worse.
Chiarot is a UFA after this season and I don't see Chevy willing to pay him what Chiarot will want.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Im sure he likes the idea of being locked in for 3 years on a cup contender, that is only 2 hours from his home town. So he probably could have made more money over the 3 years by betting on himself and just doing a 1 year deal but probably has different priorities with this signing.
Poolman is now essentially set for life with this contract at close to $2.5 million over the 3 years.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
All the fretting and gnashing ... really good, no excellent small signing that could be a real key for the length of this deal.

If he just is a 6/7 this balances some high salaries and he may be a solid 6. That would be tremendous.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Chiarot is a UFA after this season and I don't see Chevy willing to pay him what Chiarot will want.
That comment could be said for almost every player, situation though.

If there is no common ground, so be it but if Chiarot's play warrants a fair increase then that a positive for the Jets.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Looks like this spells the end of Ben Chiarot after this season, and maybe even to start this season.

I'm not seeing this. Defensive depth is required. Signing/acquiring guys with some upside is a vast improvement over some of the depth of past years such as Jones, Ellerby, Pardy, Strait etc..

Reactions: ps241

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
As in the past years there will be injuries with these group of d men, always good to have capable 7-9 d men that can step in for a few weeks, I don't know what Poolman's ceiling will be but this is a very good signing.

Reactions: Oseductive

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
He gets to play the next 3 seasons on a contender who is in the midst/headed towards a cap crunch. A nice "prove yourself" contract with security and an AAV that makes him so affordable so long as he carries his weight he'll be a bargain and have a role, likely an elevated role at some point due to injuries, contracts, etc. My bet is he outplays this contract by the end of it, proves his worth and could set himself up for a nice pay day July 1st, 2021 as a 28 year old UFA. Good for him, good for the Jets.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
As in the past years there will be injuries with these group of d men, always good to have capable 7-9 d men that can step in for a few weeks, I don't know what Poolman's ceiling will be but this is a very good signing.

I think he's pretty close to topping out. Likely 6/7. Could surprise but a good depth signing.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
We will be in good shape Sami Niku available now and in the near future will be Dylan Samberg, Jacob Cederholm and Logan Stanley.
Defence is not a problem.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We will be in good shape Sami Niku available now and in the near future will be Dylan Samberg, Jacob Cederholm and Logan Stanley.
Defence is not a problem.

Don't forget about Luke Green, doesn't get as much love as he should around here.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't forget about Luke Green, doesn't get as much love as he should around here.
Well he had a bad year two years ago and was injured last year. This year should be fun to watch him play as he's had a rough few years and should only get better.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I bet Petan and Dano get similar money and that will leave 5-6 million for Jmo long term deal.
I think the Jets want some cushion and I think that makes sense. If Morrissey is amenable to good fair long term deal then I think the Jets move on from someone and still think 85 is a likely option for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad