Confirmed with Link: Tucker Poolman signed (3 years, 775K AAV)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I can't corroborate anything in that tweet, but I can recall a quote were Trouba said he wasn't a gym rat. It's also fact that he went to Gary Robert's Camp, then left really quickly and went to South Florida instead.

Also, this is about Tucker Poolman. The contract intrigues me because it's essentially an ELC that takes him to UFA status.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If true, then the sooner he gets traded, the better.

Some players have the skill needed to be an elite player, but not the drive. That’s Trouba.

Some players have the drive and character to be a top player but not the elite skill. That’s Poolman.

I think Tucker will still be a Jet long after Trouba leaves for a warmer climate.

And I’m good with that.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
My ideal situation is Tucker develops this season into a legit 2/3rd pairing dman, and we can move on from Myers next seasons. That will free up over 4.5mill probably for a similar service.

Reactions: ps241

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
My ideal situation is Tucker develops this season into a legit 2/3rd pairing dman, and we can move on from Myers next seasons. That will free up over 4.5mill probably for a similar service.
Why are we moving on from myers if we're moving on from trouba. Highly unlikely.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Why are we moving on from myers if we're moving on from trouba. Highly unlikely.

Did I not say my ideal situation? And who other than posters on a forum and speculating media has stated we are moving on from Trouba?

Until he is traded, my belief is he plays for us for at least 2 more seasons and possibly longer. But regardless, would you take Poolman at 750k over Myers a 6mill or thereabouts, if Poolman could provide a similar service?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Did I not say my ideal situation? And who other than posters on a forum and speculating media has stated we are moving on from Trouba?

Until he is traded, my belief is he plays for us for at least 2 more seasons and possibly longer. But regardless, would you take Poolman at 750k over Myers a 6mill or thereabouts, if Poolman could provide a similar service?
In what way can poolman provide a similar service. He is a 3rd pairing player at best. And no I don't think the jets have moved on past trouba but Trouba has definitely moved on past the jets. If the jets wait till next summer to sign myers they will lose him and trouba. The man is 28 and can be on the 2nd pairing easily. Trouba overpricing himself is not going to get better but worse as he gets closer to free agency.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
In what way can poolman provide a similar service. He is a 3rd pairing player at best. And no I don't think the jets have moved on past trouba but Trouba has definitely moved on past the jets. If the jets wait till next summer to sign myers they will lose him and trouba. The man is 28 and can be on the 2nd pairing easily. Trouba overpricing himself is not going to get better but worse as he gets closer to free agency.

What do you mean in what way? By lacing up his skates and playing smart solid hockey.

He has played 25 games, not sure how you have fully determined where he falls in the depth chart. I saw more than enough last season to say he has shot at a middle pair, he has the physical tools, just needs to learn the NHL game through experience.

Myers is going to cost you 6mill next season, so say goodbye to a Roslovic or Vesalainen when he is due for a raise. The NHL is starting to realize that going young on the blue line is a smart move, so get ahead of the curve. We do not need a high offensive 2nd pairing Dman, we need a smart defensively conscious defensmen that can get the puck up to our skilled forward group, and Poolman showed he can do that decently in his first 25 NHL games.

Reactions: bluuuurr

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015

It’s doubtful Myers gets that much next deal and for the time being Poolman is no where best his level.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
It’s doubtful Myers gets that much next deal and for the time being Poolman is no where best his level.

You speak as though he has played 200 plus NHL games and is a finished product. Almost all rookie defense players need a couple of seasons to figure the NHL game out.

His age does not mean he is a fully developed player. He might be fully developed physically, and physically he has the tools to play in the NHL today. Its the mental side he still has levels to climb, and I thought he came in at a pretty solid level to begin.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I disagree about Poolman's ceiling. I think he might be able to play as a good 2nd pairing D at some point. Maybe I'm overly optimistic about his potential, but I really like his potential.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Like I said, my ideal situation would be reupping on Trouba for a decent contract, trade Myers at the TDL for a solid prospect and pick, and backfill with a cheap Poolman.

This contract could be a saving grace for us in terms of keeping our young stable of skilled players.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Like I said, my ideal situation would be reupping on Trouba for a decent contract, trade Myers at the TDL for a solid prospect and pick, and backfill with a cheap Poolman.

This contract could be a saving grace for us in terms of keeping our young stable of skilled players.

I agree the cap will probably dictate that Poolman will need to play on the bottom pair by 2019-2020 at a minimum and I can’t wait. I like Poolman and think he will do well in that roll if he doesn’t have to carry Chiarot. Neither Myers or Poolman could play effectively with Ben last season.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I like him, but am I the only one feeling he is somewhat inconsistent/has too many gaffes for my liking? I would rank him after Niku and Pionk(?).
Still, I would start with him in the line up on #3RD, and hope he cleans up his game.

Reactions: Mathil8

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Here's hoping we can take advantage of that beautiful contract of his over the next 2 years. Does he become a UFA after the contract is up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad