Confirmed with Link: Tucker Poolman signed (3 years, 775K AAV)

None

Feb 22, 2012
I wonder if there was a handshake agreement in place before the arbitration deadline, it's a little strange that he got that much term without the threat of arbitration. Definitely curious to see what the AAV ends up at.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
His upside is probably as a second pairing d-man, right? Or is third pairing his ceiling?

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
League minimum is $650k, so term is the only real benefit for Poolman here.

Virtually no risk for the team... I believe at that salary they can bury him on the Moose with zero cap hit if it doesn't work out.

Good deal for both sides.

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
His upside is probably as a second pairing d-man, right? Or is third pairing his ceiling?
Hard to say. He's not young, and while he performed well this past season, he was also very sheltered.

I'd say he has all the tools to become a 2nd pairing D-man at least. We'll see if he does, or if he even becomes a full time starter.

Reactions: ps241

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
This could be huge for our cap if he can anchor our third pairing. Even if he is a tweener it's good value.
Amazing value! Lets hope this creates the space needed to sign Morrissey to that 8 year extension!

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Even if he performs the same as last season, that is a steal. I wonder why he accepted 3 years at that low of a salary. You would think he would hope to have a bigger role next year and earn more. He’s getting half of what Chiarot makes!!!

Reactions: Tommigun

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Looks like this spells the end of Ben Chiarot after this season, and maybe even to start this season.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Even if he performs the same as last season, that is a steal. I wonder why he accepted 3 years at that low of a salary. You would think he would hope to have a bigger role next year and earn more. He’s getting half of what Chiarot makes!!!

Guessing he's not overly confident he'll be a bonafide NHL player. Contract is likely 1 way so he's gonna make the money regardless of where he's playing.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Looks like this spells the end of Ben Chiarot after this season, and maybe even to start this season.
I don't see it looks that way at all.

Chiarot also gives side versatility and he has improved each year, for bottom end guy you could do worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad