TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Andi Petrillo is...I wish she could just act a little more mature and professional as opposed to childish. And when I say childish I don't mean like she makes crude jokes like the Overdrive guys...it just reminds me of a babysitter or preschool teacher talking to a bunch of 3 year olds...the demeanor...it just kills it.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
yeah, I went back and listened to Thursday's pod and he basically calls Larry T. a shark who screwed over McCown's friends in a business deal out of pure spite. He didn't get too specific about the deal but you could see where someone of Tannebaum's ilk would be PO'd at comments like that. It's slanderous at best. I like Bob most times but this one he was quite out of line.

I caught the apology part way through and wondered what was going on. I'm curious, how did a topic like that come up? On occasion, McCown does talk about his business interests, but to hear him go into that kind of depth is unusual. I'm just curious as to the context of the original discussion.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I’m not really an active member here anymore so I hope no one gets mad at me for spoiling the question.

But...

For this weeks Overdrive name that Leaf the player is probably going to be Dave Andreychuk.
He played 83 games in back to back seasons from 1992-1994.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Noodles claiming the Bruins have better forward depth than the Leafs is ridiculous. I favour the Bruins to beat us in the playoffs, but it won't be because they have better depth at forward.

Thats not too far fetched.
1st Boston - best line in the NHL
2nd Leafs -
3rd slight edge Boston
4th Boston

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm not being argumentative at all just wondering your rationale on Bostons 3 rd line being better then ours? It very well might be but I haven't thought of it like that. Interesting!

Wagner and Heinen bring more energy than Marleau and Brown.
I haven’t seen Coyle much with Boston but we have seen Kadri.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kap and Marleau would be the Leafs' 3rd line wingers, assuming Nylander stays on the AM line.

Ok....still like the Bruins energy. Who knows what their lines will be come playoffs. TB was a lot better than them when they played this week so they may need to tweak things before they meet.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Why Overdrive wasn't on TV from the onset was a huge gaffe by TSN. This is their bread and butter show, in a primetime slot, with five channels at their disposal. About time they capitalize on it.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
God I am getting so f***ing sick of them talking about Freddy being tired. They are literally burning the idea that Freddy needs rest into existence.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I haven’t been listening as much. Seems like they are talking in circles waiting for the playoffs start. I’m not hearing anything that educates me, even when Ray does his hits.

I’m also getting really, really tired of Noodles hijacking every segment. Guests are brought in for a reason and he’s butting in answering questions that weren’t even addressed to him.

Reactions: Walshy7

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
God I am getting so ****ing sick of them talking about Freddy being tired. They are literally burning the idea that Freddy needs rest into existence.
They need some excuse as to why he's playing like **** all of sudden. Ditto for the team in general. "Long road trip! Back to back! the opposing team isn't a playoff team! opposing team is a top team!", etc, etc.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They need some excuse as to why he's playing like **** all of sudden. Ditto for the team in general. "Long road trip! Back to back! the opposing team isn't a playoff team! opposing team is a top team!", etc, etc.

December ain’t all of a sudden.
The big question is, do they have a switch they can turn on next month?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
God I am getting so ****ing sick of them talking about Freddy being tired. They are literally burning the idea that Freddy needs rest into existence.

Whats hilarious is until like 3 years ago the media would rail on and on about how a goalie couldnt be called a legit starter unless he played 70+ games. Now its like " If a goalie plays more then 55 games his legs will fall off!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad