TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Noodles: "Newer coaches are progressive in their though process"

The **** are you talking about you Noodles? :laugh: These old schoolers try way too hard to be hip.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
O going out of his way to trash his clone Trump to provide that separation is hilarious. You're not fooling anyone Jeff.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
That's why Rogers keeps dumping the suits that call the shots. I wonder if they ever really understood how to produce shows that people want to watch.

Nope. They are state sponsored and don't have to worry too much. Bell is the same way and so are the Leafs. You see, when money comes easy it's easy to waste money and do stupid things.

Bell care of CRTC = Money printing press
Rogers care CRTC = Money printing press
Leafs care of unreasonably supportive fans = Money printing press

Soon we will reward them with taxpayer dollars, a new Arena.

Reactions: killer1980

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
You know who is really refreshing to listen to? Kristen Shilton. Wouldn't mind her replacing Andi Petrillo as the host of Leafs Lunch!

I would definitely return as a listener, after years of following the show I finally gave up Petrillo made me hate the show.
Shilton has a nice touch on air and is very knowledgeable. Probably couldn’t host but teamed with a true somewhat subdued professional 1st mike I like the possibilities. Any change to the host would be welcome.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Today on Overdrive, the self-proclaimed neutral Jamie Dumbass McLennan stated that Aho (82 points this season) would be on his Hart ballot.

Marner has 92 points. Can you imagine the heart attack this weasel would have had if Hayes or Odog suggested Marner should be on the Hart ballot?

Can we start a petition to maybe send Noodles out West to one of the Calgary/Edmonton stations?

Reactions: phillipmike

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Shilton has a nice touch on air and is very knowledgeable. Probably couldn’t host but teamed with a true somewhat subdued professional 1st mike I like the possibilities. Any change to the host would be welcome.
Shes much better. No reason why she couldn't do a better job than Andi. Certainly couldn't be any worse.

Reactions: Ratboy

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Today on Overdrive, the self-proclaimed neutral Jamie Dumbass McLennan stated that Aho (82 points this season) would be on his Hart ballot.

Marner has 92 points. Can you imagine the heart attack this weasel would have had if Hayes or Odog suggested Marner should be on the Hart ballot?

Can we start a petition to maybe send Noodles out West to one of the Calgary/Edmonton stations?

Context?

I read a lot about Noodles on here prior to listening to the show fulltime and he actually says a lot of good things about the Leafs.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017

Noodles likes to pump up other players, I find that refreshing, there's plenty of Leaf fans on the TSN already, and I like someone at least attempting to offer insight around the league. Obviously he can get a little over zealous or overplay his hand, knowledge-wise, while trying to pump up players from other teams but its not like he hates the Leafs, he works with two giant homers and his point is usually just there's a lot of great players in the league, not surprised he comes off as a wet blanket sometime but you're being way too sensitive.

Also Aho for Hart is an opinion tons of the "too clever by a half" mainboard posters have parroted, so I'm hardly offended. I would so much rather hear Noodles pump up another teams player than listen to some asinine debate about our fourth line center or our backup goalie or who to trade for an RHD...ever Leafs topic gets beaten to death on the radio please Noodles keep pumping up other teams, I will take ANYTHING over hearing some of those conversations again. Leaf fans are the ones listening, we know how good our players our, they still spend 90 percent of their NHL time on them, tell me about Sebastian Aho in that 10 percent.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
I would definitely return as a listener, after years of following the show I finally gave up Petrillo made me hate the show.
I wonder how far their ratings dropped after she got the job?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Context?

I read a lot about Noodles on here prior to listening to the show fulltime and he actually says a lot of good things about the Leafs.

Posters here think Jim Hughson has needle ravaged Voodoo dolls of every Leaf player in the cave in which he lives, he has a framed photograph of Gretzky's uncalled highsticking penalty autographed by Kerry Fraser above his bed(see: the coffin he sleeps in upright). When bored, you or I might watch a re-run of the Office, Jim Hughson watches game 7 of Boston-Toronto's 2013 playoff series, he begins every time at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period.

The only way Jim Hughson can be defeated is by a Leaf win which repels him as sunlight to a vampire, to finish him off you must post in the PGT "**** you Hughson!" and leave visiting fans utterly perplexed as to what we're talking about. But that's fine, they don't know the real Jim Hughson the way we do. Remember that time he said there was nothing better then a win in Toronto on a Saturday night? The North remembers.

TLDR: Posters tend to overreact/are delusional.

Reactions: MsMeow and McRpro

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Noodles balances out the show perfectly. There is nothing better on radio right now.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Aho is probably more important to Carolina then Marner is to the Leafs

MVP is not simply "best player"

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
echoing the above defence of Noodles - I've learned the majority of this board is just insanely sensitive and insecure. if every announcer or radio guy isn't a loud and blatant Leafs homer they get their panties in a knot. Noodles infuses some objectivity into a largely Leafs homer radio team, and anyone that isn't so sensitive or buuthurt every time players or teams outside the city are recognized and maybe even thought of as better, shouldn't really have much of an issue with Noodles save for his penchant for loving to hear himself babble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad