TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Noodles claiming the Bruins have better forward depth than the Leafs is ridiculous. I favour the Bruins to beat us in the playoffs, but it won't be because they have better depth at forward.
lol Leafs could be having a Tampa level season Noodles would still find a way to make it seem like were a lottery team

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
TSN 1050 already has their Morning Show (First Up) running from 6-10am, so it wouldn't surprise me to see 1050 follow 1040's lead, and have shows running from 6-10am, 10am-2pm, and 2-6pm. While I don't listen to 1050 as much as I used to, I think the American content during the day makes it worse for them, and this solution is much better than their current setup IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me once McCown retires to see Sportsnet go with a similar programming schedule, and have Tim & Sid take over for McCown's slot.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
2-6 would work better for me, but I'd hate to miss the Leafs hour on The Good Show

I really dislike The Good Show. They literally just throw out hot takes about the Leafs. I have serious doubt they even watch all the games. Theyre by far the least informed "Leafs show" in the Toronto media

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Just wondering if anyone caught what McCown said on his show yesterday about Larry Tannebaum? Today he issued a pretty telling apology where he was squirming quite a bit all throughout. It definitely had the hallmarks of a man who had just been dressed down by his employers.

I've never heard Bobcat apologize for any of his takes so it must have been bad.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Lack of radio talent for starters. They keep recycling the terrible Matt Cauz because they dont have anyone else.

Cauz is terrific with other people. There are very few people that can carry a show on their own. In fact, I can't think of one, because they are basically either taking phone calls or talking to themselves.

Reactions: Anthrax442

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
TSN cut Jim Tatti apparently

Embarrassing that the Tat Man loses his show while theyre shoving Petrillo and Cauz down our throats

To be fair, he lost his Hamilton radio gig. No word on where he stands with 1050.

Tatti is a legend and he'll be on some form of airwaves in no time if he's out @ TSN1050 too.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
TSN 1050 already has their Morning Show (First Up) running from 6-10am, so it wouldn't surprise me to see 1050 follow 1040's lead, and have shows running from 6-10am, 10am-2pm, and 2-6pm. While I don't listen to 1050 as much as I used to, I think the American content during the day makes it worse for them, and this solution is much better than their current setup IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me once McCown retires to see Sportsnet go with a similar programming schedule, and have Tim & Sid take over for McCown's slot.

I used to listen to the fan590 all day but switched to TSN 1050 this winter. The only time I turn to the fan is during the American show or if I’m not watching HC12 on NHL network, I’ll listen online.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Just wondering if anyone caught what McCown said on his show yesterday about Larry Tannebaum? Today he issued a pretty telling apology where he was squirming quite a bit all throughout. It definitely had the hallmarks of a man who had just been dressed down by his employers.

I've never heard Bobcat apologize for any of his takes so it must have been bad.
Thanks. I’ll have to listen to the pod

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Thanks. I’ll have to listen to the pod

yeah, I went back and listened to Thursday's pod and he basically calls Larry T. a shark who screwed over McCown's friends in a business deal out of pure spite. He didn't get too specific about the deal but you could see where someone of Tannebaum's ilk would be PO'd at comments like that. It's slanderous at best. I like Bob most times but this one he was quite out of line.

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
Lack of radio talent for starters. They keep recycling the terrible Matt Cauz because they dont have anyone else.

I find myself having to turn off Cauz a lot lately because he just comes off as a know-nothing dolt and it can be painful to listen to.

Everytime I hear Cauz talk now I think of Mr. Penutbutter from BoJack Horseman. Friendly, excitable guy, questionable sports knowledge.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Thanks for the Bobcat info. Very interesting.

I assume Tatti still does the Leaf pregame and intermission radio show?
Tatti and Hebscher from Sportsline put Tsn and Sportsnet personalities to shame. SHAME!

Remember the Hebsie’s? Hahaha with Hebscher’s head on an Oscar lol

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, not a fan of Cauz. He's too clownish. Don't try to be an "entertainer," just hold an interesting conversation.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Yes, I was intrigued about that too, of course McCown made a slimy apology citing he didn't have all the info but "I'll apologize anyway". Shady business deal then?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Thanks for the Bobcat info. Very interesting.

I assume Tatti still does the Leaf pregame and intermission radio show?
Tatti and Hebscher from Sportsline put Tsn and Sportsnet personalities to shame. SHAME!

Remember the Hebsie’s? Hahaha with Hebscher’s head on an Oscar lol
Those guys were very entertaining showing hockey highights after the games.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
yeah, I went back and listened to Thursday's pod and he basically calls Larry T. a shark who screwed over McCown's friends in a business deal out of pure spite. He didn't get too specific about the deal but you could see where someone of Tannebaum's ilk would be PO'd at comments like that. It's slanderous at best. I like Bob most times but this one he was quite out of line.

Yes, I was intrigued about that too, of course McCown made a slimy apology citing he didn't have all the info but "I'll apologize anyway". Shady business deal then?

I listened to the podcast, but I didn’t hear the apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->