TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Media after salute gate

"HOW DARE THE PLAYERS BE SO DISRESPECTFUL TO THE FANS WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES!!!!!"

Media after fans boo a player

"HOW DARE THE FANS BE SO DISRESPECTFUL TO THE PLAYERS!!!!!!"

Literally the media every single day of the year, even in August

"XXXXX player SUCKS and the Leafs will NEVER win a Cup with this AWFUL player"

Reactions: Kamiccolo

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
Unless the Leafs or NFL are on TSN, I never watch TSN anymore. Sportsnet has become my go-to. If I want to catch the highlights, I always go to SN. Can't stand the hosts of TSN anymore. Mister Jennifer Hedger and "Dutch" - no thanks. Jay and Dan? Liked them well enough back in the day, but ever since they came back, it seems they try waaaay too hard to be funny, whereas it seemed natural before.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Friedman on PTS just said he thinks the Leafs will go for it this year.
They are almost forced to do something, especially if Boston adds a second line C. The Leafs cannot simply make a minor trade for a 4th line C again like the past 2 years. They simply have to add a top 4 D.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They are at the point where they can afford to trade high draft picks to acquire players. Hopefully Dubas sees the need for a top 4 dman and a few forwards capable of making the other team uncomfortable. This team is too easy to play against.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I don't see it. At least, not in an overt way. I could see a guy who flies under the radar and is impactful but nothing like a Petro or someone like that.
It could very well be a top 4 D no one is discussing that will be available. But it will be a bigger add than the past 2 years.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I liked the Boyle deal, he would be ideal for us right now. They should have kept him. He is better than any other 4C we had since.
They didn't want to go term length with him.

I thought Plekanic was going to be better. I thought he went stale in a crappy situation in Montreal. Turns out he really was done.

I'm not interested in a band aid this year unless it's like a 4th for a depth D (just in case) type move.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Boyle had zero interest in re-signing here. That was well reported.

I dont hold it against him, he wanted to be close to home

I think we had zero interest in paying him that. I don't think the Leafs want to spend that much cap on bottom 6 players. IMO, it wasn't just a case of him not wanting to stay.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Lol @ Noodles' anti-Leafs agenda. Just from the last two shows:

-They were criticizing the Oilers' D and Noodles immediately compared to the Leafs, saying how it wasn't that dissimilar. Thankfully O shut him down.
-Hayes brought up a hypothetical: who gets more money if they were offered the same term: Marner or Laine. Noodles did not hesitate to pick Laine, mentioning how goal scoring is more valuable, ignoring Marner's 26 point lead and 18 goals, which Hayes brought up (Laine with 25). You need a better argument......

Although, coming from the guy who compared Marner to Eberle not too long ago, I'm not surprised.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Lol @ Noodles' anti-Leafs agenda. Just from the last two shows:

-They were criticizing the Oilers' D and Noodles immediately compared to the Leafs, saying how it wasn't that dissimilar. Thankfully O shut him down.
-Hayes brought up a hypothetical: who gets more money if they were offered the same term: Marner or Laine. Noodles did not hesitate to pick Laine, mentioning how goal scoring is more valuable, ignoring Marner's 26 point lead and 18 goals, which Hayes brought up (Laine with 25). You need a better argument......

Although, coming from the guy who compared Marner to Eberle not too long ago, I'm not surprised.

id swap marner for laine in a heartbeat. Love marner but laine is just a different beast.

Edit: not to say Laine is miles better, just he has an element we don't have massive size and willingness to use his body.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They didn't want to go term length with him.

I thought Plekanic was going to be better. I thought he went stale in a crappy situation in Montreal. Turns out he really was done.

I'm not interested in a band aid this year unless it's like a 4th for a depth D (just in case) type move.
I know Shanahan had said it was a 3 year process for Lou to be the GM. However with how bad Plekanec had played after the trade, I wonder if that made it easier for Shanahan to not renew his contract as the GM and eventually hire Dubas for the job.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I know Shanahan had said it was a 3 year process for Lou to be the GM. However with how bad Plekanec had played after the trade, I wonder if that made it easier for Shanahan to not renew his contract as the GM and eventually hire Dubas for the job.
Had nothing to do with it.

If you were looking for something other than they said it would be 3 years and it was, I'd say the chance that Dubas would be scooped up by someone else was the reason.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Had nothing to do with it.

If you were looking for something other than they said it would be 3 years and it was, I'd say the chance that Dubas would be scooped up by someone else was the reason.
I can also see that being a valid reason. I remember 1 year earlier there was the reports that Colorado wanted to hire Dubas for some executive level job and Shanahan wouldn't give permission to interview him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad