TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I think it was Ray and ODog yesterday saying it's time to Load Manage Patrick Marleau. Take games 79-82 off. Streaks we made to be broken it's time.

Easier solution is to play him as the fourth line center.

Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Kadri Tavares Marner
Hyman Nylander Ennis
Moore Marleau Petan
Brown/Goat

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think it was Ray and ODog yesterday saying it's time to Load Manage Patrick Marleau. Take games 79-82 off. Streaks we made to be broken it's time.
I have been saying since he came back from the All Star break looking like a new player for the week after that we should spit on that streak sit the guy out for some time before the playoffs so he isn't a total crater when it actually matters.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
The leafs are the 90s Jacques Martin Sens (great regular season team, soft, playoff chokes) and the Bruins are the Quinn Leafs (tough & clutch in the playoffs).
so tough and clutch that they got railroaded 4-1 last year?

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Yes please!!!!

I get the idea to add an additional hour to their most prized show, but taking away a post-work hour in favor of a working hour doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I know everyone isn't on a 9-5, but I'd have to imagine the greater majority are off at 5pm and aren't able to listen to the show during work.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I get the idea to add an additional hour to their most prized show, but taking away a post-work hour in favor of a working hour doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I know everyone isn't on a 9-5, but I'd have to imagine the greater majority are off at 5pm and aren't able to listen to the show during work.

Overdrive has absurdly good podcast numbers. A significant portion of their listener base doesnt listen live.

I dont. I can start and pause. No commercials. Its just better.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Overdrive has absurdly good podcast numbers. A significant portion of their listener base doesnt listen live.

I dont. I can start and pause. No commercials. Its just better.

Fair points. I guess I'm not really in their 'regular' listener base anyway since I only tune in usually from about 5-5:30 and 6:30 to 7. I hope they still keep the Ray Ferarro segment just after 5..

Reactions: WilliamNylander

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Easier solution is to play him as the fourth line center.

Johnsson Matthews Kapanen
Kadri Tavares Marner
Hyman Nylander Ennis
Moore Marleau Petan
Brown/Goat

He should play with Matthews and Nylander. Marleau-Kadri have not been offensive catalysts, so get Johnsson and Kapanen playing with Kadri and then have Marleau compliment Matthews and Nylander. Marleau is not good enough to make things happen out of nothing, but he is still a really smart player who makes other players look better. The problem is that both he and Kadri have a slump, and really no chemistry together.

Then use Moore, Gauthier and Brown on your fourth line to be a strong forechecking line who can generate a bit of offense. Brown is not scoring as much as one would hope, but at least he has a career high in assists and is doing much better overall. Keep him on a simple forechecking line and maybe some space will start to open up for him to get some more goals.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
O will protest against it. Four hours will kill him. :laugh:
Ending at 6 does make sense though since games start at 7pm. Hayes routinely bitches about it.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
My hours are 6:30 to 2:30.
You'd be amazed at how much traffic is on the road at those commute times.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I think there are probably more people heading home from 2-4pm than 6-7pm, which is my situation. I usually end up listening to music or a podcast on the way home, but would totally listen to OD instead if the hours worked out.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I have been saying since he came back from the All Star break looking like a new player for the week after that we should spit on that streak sit the guy out for some time before the playoffs so he isn't a total crater when it actually matters.

I think an even better strategy if they do end up keeping it alive to end the year.... If you want to keep your streak alive accept a trade somewhere else. If you want to stay here we're going to healthy scratch you for 15-20 games.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
Noodles claiming the Bruins have better forward depth than the Leafs is ridiculous. I favour the Bruins to beat us in the playoffs, but it won't be because they have better depth at forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad