TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Whats hilarious is until like 3 years ago the media would rail on and on about how a goalie couldnt be called a legit starter unless he played 70+ games. Now its like " If a goalie plays more then 55 games his legs will fall off!"

Like pitchers....I love the anticipation of the pitchers arm falling off after the 100th pitch. It must mess with the batter, too.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Whats hilarious is until like 3 years ago the media would rail on and on about how a goalie couldnt be called a legit starter unless he played 70+ games. Now its like " If a goalie plays more then 55 games his legs will fall off!"
The game is faster now, SOG are up. It is more taxing on a goalie than it was in the past.

Reactions: Slyfox

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
God I am getting so ****ing sick of them talking about Freddy being tired. They are literally burning the idea that Freddy needs rest into existence.
Leafs, Leafs, Leafs here, Leafs, Leafs, Leafs there, Leafs, Leafs, Leafs everywhere!

What do you want them to talk about? How good Canadian kids are just behind the Europeans and the Americans in skill? Freddy being tired is the story, open up the phone lines and lets blame Babcock and Dubas to prove we need grand scale mental health assistance.

After 100 million shots, blown 2 on 1 coverage, tape to tape passing but to the wrong team from Muzzin, no kidding Freddy is psychologically drained and his psyche might as well be made of earthenware,

Talking about the latest Leafs problems is what they do, sort of like the Leafs defense, it is the path of least resistance

Reactions: McRpro

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I was expecting a better studio.

Clearly sportsnet has the money but TSN has the better talent.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Not really surprising the Leafs perform the way they do, they are owned by Sportsnet, over rated and under achievers.

They’re owned by Larry Tanenbaum (25%) and the parent companies of both Sportsnet and TSN (Rogers and Bell, respectively, at 37.5% each).

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Imagine being dumb enough to think people believe that Brian Burke would go to a Marlies game to seek out Jeffler.

This slob needs a wake up call. Pick up a McDonalds application on the way home and start bringing in a paycheque.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
How many times can you watch Now For Something Completely Different before you realize it is not that different? What can the panelists say?

All Leafs games are the same. All the panelists can say is," They need to skate more."The other teams have figured out to 1, clog the middle, 2, take away the stretch pass, 3 block the pass across from in front of the net, 4, don't get into a track meet, 5, hit the Leafs

It's all a blur. We have seen this movie before. Look at Wowlander score and look at Yikesev screw up a 2 on 1 and look at Muzzin get out of position and blow an assignment to try to hit a speedster who is no longer where they were a second ago. I think I have read this script before, I think I went to Startford and had to stand and clap as if the production were good after seeing this very tedious and over-acted play.

We have seen this- what do you want the commentators to say? Yipping and Yapping about the Leafs and how the other teams are also good? Are the Leafs giving 110% ? It's a long season and a grind, for the players, the commentators, and the fans. I do have more, but those are just some of my beefs!

Reactions: CelticDruid

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If you look at the numbers, the third time through the order offensive numbers drastically increase. That is usually around 100 pitches.

Yea. It’s bloody hard throwing a baseball when your arm is hanging by a thread.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
How many times can you watch Now For Something Completely Different before you realize it is not that different? What can the panelists say?

All Leafs games are the same. All the panelists can say is," They need to skate more."The other teams have figured out to 1, clog the middle, 2, take away the stretch pass, 3 block the pass across from in front of the net, 4, don't get into a track meet, 5, hit the Leafs

It's all a blur. We have seen this movie before. Look at Wowlander score and look at Yikesev screw up a 2 on 1 and look at Muzzin get out of position and blow an assignment to try to hit a speedster who is no longer where they were a second ago. I think I have read this script before, I think I went to Startford and had to stand and clap as if the production were good after seeing this very tedious and over-acted play.

We have seen this- what do you want the commentators to say? Yipping and Yapping about the Leafs and how the other teams are also good? Are the Leafs giving 110% ? It's a long season and a grind, for the players, the commentators, and the fans. I do have more, but those are just some of my beefs!

That's why Rogers keeps dumping the suits that call the shots. I wonder if they ever really understood how to produce shows that people want to watch.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

Imagine being dumb enough to think people believe that Brian Burke would go to a Marlies game to seek out Jeffler.

This slob needs a wake up call. Pick up a McDonalds application on the way home and start bringing in a paycheque.

Haha I'm with you on this one. This guy erks me for some reason. Seems so entitled and know it all for someone that holds zero cred.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

I'd ease up on him to be honest. This is getting to the point where he isn't just being a dumbass, but he has some issues he needs help with. Whether he genuinely thinks Brian Burke seeks him out to pick his brain, or if he thinks anyone else would believe this, it's some level of delusion.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'd ease up on him to be honest. This is getting to the point where he isn't just being a dumbass, but he has some issues he needs help with. Whether he genuinely thinks Brian Burke seeks him out to pick his brain, or if he thinks anyone else would believe this, it's some level of delusion.
This is also the guy that thinks he's an elite level ball hockey player.

"Better than most NHLers".

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
The whole Andersen saga is just bad journalism. Two of Leafs best D-man disappeared and rest of the team have played like a team who don't have anything on the line. The only thing what I can agree upon is that Freddy might be little bit mad. He's been bailing them out all season long now when he's so close to get nominated to Vezina the team totally stop caring about results.

Leafs are still very immature team which lacks defensive potent. They are already bad on D when they're trying hard and when they mail it in it's just simply horrible. Kyle "Dubler" Dubas better do smth about it. They need better D and some forwards who play hard on boards and can help D to stop the cycle.

I srsly hope that Dubler won't bring any more softies on this team.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
O'Dog comes across as a whiny kid who has been repeatedly bitched slapped for walking in the road to many times during recess.

Chalkboard scratching

"I must not walk in traffic with my head buried in a Big Mac"

Repeat one thousand times.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Its just staring into the abyss that is his "career".

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
Dutch is alright decent replacement over other regular fill ins like poulin or feschuk, like Duthie busy guy wish he was on more but usually pretty funny for the most part

Reactions: Anthrax442
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad