Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I'll be upset if he continues this level of play and we fizzle out against the Preds. Hope he turns it around.
I am already upset that we did not load manage Demko properly and that Tocchet has had +4 months to fix our PP and has completely failed at that task.

Elias Pettersson being too hard on him self is very likely a problem that fixes it self with time.
he needs to see a psychologist
So does every pro athlete who can afford it.

Reactions: LordBacon

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Ok.

You are on that side. What kind of a trade are you looking for to move him?

Cool.

So lets trade him? Who or what you looking to get back in a trade?

Jenner
Sillinger
Jiricek

Rintz
Harley

Tage
Benson
Pick

Konecny
Forester
Drysdale

Leo Carlsson

Point
Cernak
Pick

Jarvis
Nikishin
Pick

Brady
Batherson
Pick

Would drive him and his gimp wrist to the airport myself

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I'll be upset if he continues this level of play and we fizzle out against the Preds. Hope he turns it around.
I think the offseason and training would be a good reset and he'll probably be fine next season BUT we don't want the team to enter the offseason anytime soon so yeah we need him to figure it out ASAP.

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
My guess is that we will be dealing with Pettersson's consistency for his entire contract while he is on the team. This isn't something that he is just going to suddenly figure out. This is who he is at this point and he is going to go MIA for stretches because he's in his head for the majority of the season. This has become a pattern.

Reactions: B-rock and Jay26

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Step off the ledge.

Those are my exact thoughts. I didn't notice his increased effectiveness in the dot. So it's most likely his confidence in his shot and not a wrist injury. It's his first taste of non bubble playoffs and his linemates are crap so far in postseason. Give him a few more games.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I thought Pettersson played well tonight. Much better than his previous two playoff games this year where he was noticeable for all of the wrong reasons. Pettersson looked calmer tonight, had the assist and should of had another setting up Hoglander on a beauty pass. Progression was made tonight, even if it was in little steps.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
"Wait until the playoffs and then criticize!" they said.

Predictably the goal posts are moving again. He's been awful. He got his contract, he's on a winning team with a talented core. This is all on him at this point. The only things that's not on him is the linemates situation but he's in the echelon of players that needs to figure it out himself and make a line semi decent.

What needs to stop is the gaslighting. Nobody is a bad fan for being critical after half a season of this.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I thought Pettersson played well tonight. Much better than his previous two playoff games this year where he was noticeable for all of the wrong reasons. Pettersson looked calmer tonight, had the assist and should of had another setting up Hoglander on a beauty pass. Progression was made tonight, even if it was in little steps.
Yes tonight was a very small step with the assist and the shot on goal. He still needs to be far more aggressive and dynamic offensively and make things happen. I think a sports psychologist is in order as well as some muscle. He's not nearly strong enough. Some have called him an embellisher and I really don't think so. I think he's just really weak on his skates.

Reactions: B-rock and sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad