TSN Overdrive (and other Toronto Sports Media) 2018-19 (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Please tell me they fired Landsburg.
It's mind bottling that they still keep him around, he's been horrible for a long time. IMO it really showed with "Off the Record", and I think he's even worse now.

Side note: I miss O'Sullivan on 1050, but I understand why they let him go. The Mike Richards axe was a horrible move as well, asRichards was killing it in the Morning. Oh well, Richards is now on Sauga 960, so it's something.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
How anybody can miss listening to O'Sullivan is beyond my understanding. He was boring, dragged everyone down, had some of the worst takes I've ever heard regarding hockey. I felt bad for his co-hosts for enduring his crap.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
It's mind bottling that they still keep him around, he's been horrible for a long time. IMO it really showed with "Off the Record", and I think he's even worse now.

Side note: I miss O'Sullivan on 1050, but I understand why they let him go. The Mike Richards axe was a horrible move as well, asRichards was killing it in the Morning. Oh well, Richards is now on Sauga 960, so it's something.

I couldn't have a more opposite opinion on basically every one of these points. O'Sullivan and Mike Richards were awful and Lansberg is a dork, but not a problem for me.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I don't like Landsberg and found POS to be a total downer. I never liked Richards.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I agree but his schtick is so weird to me. He has to be in his late twenties, you would think he would start to shift his content to become a little more mature. I guess not.
His podcast is more mature. YouTube as a platform is more geared towards children so it makes sense why you would do that plus like you said he is basically playing a character of himself

Reactions: illusory

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I agree but his schtick is so weird to me. He has to be in his late twenties, you would think he would start to shift his content to become a little more mature. I guess not.

I agree, but people are paying him for that shtick, I guess, so you can't really blame him.

The only thing he does that I like at this point is the podcast, where he speaks like a normal human for the most part.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
I agree, but people are paying him for that shtick, I guess, so you can't really blame him.

The only thing he does that I like at this point is the podcast, where he speaks like a normal human for the most part.

He is an excellent analyst, but gets about 1% of the respect he deserves because of his childish presentation. When he acts his age (the podcast, Tim and Sid etc) he's far more likeable.

Signed, old guy :laugh:

Tiggaracing

Mar 2, 2014
Dan Patrick is now 10am-12pm
Leafs Lunch 12pm-2pm

Guess I won't be turning my radio on TSN till Noon now.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I try to watch leafs lunch everyday and its my favorite sports show of the day usually... I guess I really like gord miller even if he is a bit of a nerd... and craig button rubs me the wrong way but I like him too. I like most the people

andi is my favorite... the girl host... I wanted to hate her but something about her thing just works for me and I like it...

I do need to say 1 complaint. she has this habit of coming up with a hot take and the guys tell her shes out to lunch... and she says no no, if it was me thats how I would behave.

for example the leafs called up someone from the marlies and she said the bubble players would be sniffing around wondering whats going on... and miller/button said thats not how it is and she said dont you think they sniff around a new person in the room? she would.

but, SHE IS A GIRL!!! why would she keep saying stuff like this. just because a girl would act that way doesnt mean male hockey players will.

anyhow... im ok shes a girl. as I said I find the show entertaining and I look forward to her weird bizzare takes and girlish reactions to many many things. but please just because you would react a certain way andi dont assume that real men hockey players act that way. trust your cohosts when they tell you that you are wrong

I like hockey central too... I almost stopped listening a couple years ago when it was becoming kyprios trying to have little sissy slap fights with mclean all the time about the stupidest things. I wish mclean was on more often these days but the show has improve 500% now that kyprios is only around 1-2 times a week

hes just not clever enough to fill a daily 1 hour show 5 times a week with relevant hockey talk.

I like stellick a lot and burke is a god to me... love that hes on Fridays answering questions. mclean will always be my favorite of all the Toronto talking heads.

have to mention marek before I stop too... annoys the freaking hell out of me but boy this kid works hard to gather tidbits to talk about. he must have one hell of a memory too unless hes researching every damn time hes on a show. I first used to listen to him on the LAW and as a cohost with watters on the old mojo radio show {miss watters a lot}

I cant really enjoy marek for more than about half an hour now... but I admire the hell out of his work ethic and am very glad to see him being a success. he deserves it

all in all Toronto media shows are more fun for me to listen too when the team is struggling... but the guys on the shows are the best in the business. I like the Toronto shows much better than montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver {I dont listen to Ottawa or Winnipeg so cant judge}

you fans should consider yourselfs lucky. whether you win or lose on the ice, you got the best shows in the entire league to enjoy talking about it

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Dan Patrick is now 10am-12pm
Leafs Lunch 12pm-2pm

Guess I won't be turning my radio on TSN till Noon now.

Why can’t they produce a morning show? Do enough people in Toronto care about basketball and American football to listen to a Yankee talking sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad