Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Right. He will leave the KHL to play in the minors. Not going to happen. And people were butt hurt when he left, and when he wouldn't go to Urica, he's had 2 more years experience, no chance in hell he doesn't make the line up. In fact, with Juolevi, Woo and Tryamkin in the mix, we are going to have a glut of D Men in a year or 2.

He’s simply not good enough to make it on the Canucks right now. His mobility issues make Gudbranson look quick.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
No chance he cracks this lineup without major injuries. Would be a decent boost for Utica.
I think they'd make room for him, and the little guy you've called a "keeper" would be the first one out the door. They'd probably be able to get Tryamkin signed for what Troy's current cap hit is, Troy's agency is likely to push for what Tanev is currently on. I have no appetite for paying Troy over $3m. Not enough upside.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
He’s simply not good enough to make it on the Canucks right now. His mobility issues make Gudbranson look quick.
Is this post for real?...or an attempt at humor? If Tryamkin was in the Canucks lineup today, he'd be a better skater than every other Canuck d-man not named Quinn Hughes.

Poorer mobility than Gudbranson? Lol. Tryamkin is 6'8" and skates like a guy who's 5'8". If he becomes available in March, Jimbo can't get him signed fast enough.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Is this post for real?...or an attempt at humor? If Tryamkin was in the Canucks lineup today, he'd be a better skater than every other Canuck d-man not named Quinn Hughes.

Poorer mobility than Gudbranson? Lol. Tryamkin is 6'8" and skates like a guy who's 5'8". If he becomes available in March, Jimbo can't get him signed fast enough.
Is this post for real? This is the epitome of the hyperbole my guy @DL44 hates.

He skates well for a big man, but he's not even better at skating than Edler FFS.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

Lollll He has decent straight line speed, but his agility, pivoting, lateral movement, turning radius, edge work, braking and accelerating and general overall quickness is very weak.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

If Tryamkin was in the Canucks lineup today, he'd be a better skater than every other Canuck d-man not named Quinn Hughes.

Poorer mobility than Gudbranson? Lol. Tryamkin is 6'8" and skates like a guy who's 5'8".

@DL44 hates.

He skates well for a big man, but he's not even better at skating than Edler FFS.

He has decent straight line speed, but his agility, pivoting, lateral movement, turning radius, edge work, braking and accelerating and general overall quickness is very weak.

I'm curious about what these assessments are based on. Is it what you recall of him when he played in Vancouver, his stats in the KHL, reports on his KHL performance, highlights from Russia, viewing of games, or what?

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I'm curious about what these assessments are based on. Is it what you recall of him when he played in Vancouver, his stats in the KHL, reports on his KHL performance, highlights from Russia, viewing of games, or what?
Mostly his skating while in the NHL. I find it extremely hard to watch Russian League hockey, it's a terrible product. That end to end highlight the other game where he didn't stride after his own blueline and was able to glide right through the opposition was just terrible hockey all around.

I just thought the comment about him being the best skater on the team other than Hughes one of the most laughable things I've ever read on here.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
From his time in Vancouver, only seen clips from the KHL. A lot of the players on that Canucks team weren’t NHL caliber players. Hutton seemed like a potential star and Baertschi was one of our best forwards. Tryamkin at the time seemed very raw and had some weaknesses that needed work, but you could see the size and potential. However, the team is currently way better and mistakes won’t be tolerated as much now, it’ll be difficult for him to crack a healthy lineup unless he’s vastly improved his game and from tidbits online he hasn’t progressed much.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Hopefully the Canucks can get the third round pick they used on him back in a trade. Could use assets like Tryamkin to backfill the pick pool in the next couple of drafts when the Canucks lose their 1st.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I think Tryamkin is an NHL calibre defenseman. The problem is that he's in Russia and need to be convinced to come back, we don't have enough sample size to gauge his top 4 potential, and he happens to be better on the right side than left side despite being a left handed shot.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I'd take him over Stecher, or potentially any of the injury replacements, but I could really give two shits if he comes back or not. I guess if he came back it would give us one more asset we could trade away, so there is value. his skating was alright for his size, but Myers is smoother at the same height. Tryamkin could really become something useful if he developed a mean streak, could move the puck effectively or found a scoring touch, but I don't think Baumer is even half the coach that Lids was and I don't trust him to get Nik to that next level.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017

Craziest of hot takes. He is an average skater. The only current dman he may skate better than is Benn

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Don’t know where these comments are coming from. When Tryamkin was here it seem that everybody’s complaint was his compete level not his skating. And our marvelous coach wanted more physical play from him.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I guess I just don't see him as a realistic option at this point. I mean sure, he'll only be 26 next summer, but he's barley spent any time over hear and the time he has spent I was never impressed with his foot work. I think some people get hung up on his size thinking he could be a Chara light for us. That isn't going to happen. The reality is that if he were to come over here he'd likely be a top 6 Dman and he can make more money over there than here in that role. If he were this top 4 monster that some are wanting than another team would have come calling asking for his rights. It isn't like he's off the grid hiding somewhere. Scouts see him play and nothing stands out as overly impressive. Outside of his size he's just your run of the mill Dman.

Last edited:

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm not that old and even I don't get it. I think some people use it because in their minds it somehow validates their point. or they think it makes them hardcore. Like we should step back and respect.
Seems it's used to add a little sarcasm to their point. Seems to mean more "That Is Laughable"....maybe we could get TIL in the mainstream :sarcasm:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Seems it's used to add a little sarcasm to their point. Seems to mean more "That Is Laughable"....maybe we could get TIL in the mainstream :sarcasm:

I'm just glad that the majority of posters don't do it. I almost always disregard a post when it starts and/or ends with "LOL, LMAO or LOllll". I'd rather people use stupid emojis... lol... haha...

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'm just glad that the majority of posters don't do it. I almost always disregard a post when it starts and/or ends with "LOL, LMAO or LOllll". I'd rather people use stupid emojis... lol... haha...
but, but, it makes guys like me hip with the yoots!

Reactions: MikeK

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
[QUOTE="MikeK, post: 166069259, member: 76255]If he were this top 4 monster than some are wanting than another team would have come calling asking for his rights. It isn't like he's off the grid hiding somewhere. Scouts see him play and nothing stands out as overly impressive. Outside of his size he's just your run of the mill Dman.[/QUOTE]

How do we know teams didn’t come calling for Tryamkin?

His skating, at that size definitely stands out. It’s exceptionally rare to move as well as he does for a player that large. On the small ice, he has the ability to take time and space away very well if his positioning is strong. Remains to be seen how good he could be, but there is some potential there IMO.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
How do we know teams didn’t come calling for Tryamkin?

His skating, at that size definitely stands out. It’s exceptionally rare to move as well as he does for a player that large. On the small ice, he has the ability to take time and space away very well if his positioning is strong. Remains to be seen how good he could be, but there is some potential there IMO.

How much potential do you think he has? He's going to be 26 next summer. He is in what is supposed to be his prime years right now. The NHL is the best league in the world and if he was this top 4 monster that some people keep saying than he'd be here.

I've already said this, but it's not like he's hiding somewhere. Scouts have been watching him for years now and nothing has come of it. His size is the only thing separating him from any other journeyman Dman. If he were 5'11 we wouldn't even be talking about him.

Reactions: PM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad