Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Maybe so. Just saying it wasn't Tryamkin being particular or weird. It was us doing things the way coaches so often do and Tryamkin had a better option for him.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Reactions: lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I see Jimbo, responding to question about Tryamkin, said they'd like to have him back, but that the last part of his answer kind of surprised me. "I don't understand why he went back to Russia in the first place."

Didn't Tryamkin leave town before pot was even legal in VanCity? Seem to remember him complaining about it. Can't imagine it'll be any better when he returns. But hopefully his paycheck will help him get over it.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
https://theprovince.com/sports/hock...tIVpPkeJGrYrfTb-V2ztudtSqs#Echobox=1571023137

Nice bit on Tryamkin in this article. Sounds as if he is playing well enough. How much of a difference is he going to make coming back to our team? I easily see him sliding into our top 6 - just not entirely sure at the expense of who however he's got a ton of tools and a solid skater who would definitely improve our back end. Think he can definitely help move the needle a little bit at least towards us being a playoff team as he's got a tantalizing skill set with his size and skating.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What happened to Stecher?....is he being dragged down by his partnership with Benn?....he's been poor so far in four games.....perpetually loses puck battles and fails in clearances....an of course of offense has completely dried up.

For reasons known only to Green, he has him out killing penalties. I'm a the point where I'd be OK if he sat in favor of Fantenberg for a game or two.

Reactions: mossey3535

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
What happened to Stecher?....is he being dragged down by his partnership with Benn?....he's been poor so far in four games.....perpetually loses puck battles and fails in clearances....an of course of offense has completely dried up.

For reasons known only to Green, he has him out killing penalties. I'm a the point where I'd be OK if he sat in favor of Fantenberg for a game or two.

This is a Tryamkin thread but Stetcher is a very good penalty killer and should be out killing penalties more.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin led Avtomobilist in ice-time (by a few seconds) in today's 4-1 win over Lokomitiv. On a team in which time is distributed pretty evenly among the d, he does seem to be emerging as the top guy.

I read somewhere that he's getting lots of power-play time. If that's so, it's not doing much for his counting stats: 18 gp -- 0/3/3.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin had the lone goal in Avtomobilist's 6-1 loss today. He was also a +1 and led the team in ice-time by a significant margin with 23:21.

Avtomobilist is in 3d place in the Kharlamov Division (I love that name—not a Bobby Clarke fan), and 7th place in the Eastern Conference. I believe that the top eight teams in each conference make the playoffs, so Avtomobilist will have to sink a couple of spots for Tryamkin to be available to the Canucks when the regular KHL season ends.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I believe this is the last season that we hold his right, if he’s going to return then it has to be before the end of this season ?
Correct me if I’m wrong

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
He scored a goal today as well with rush up the ice. The coach is using him in more offensive situations as well.

He would be a perfect fit on our third pairing with Benn. Effectively making Canucks one of the biggest defence corps in the league.

Looking forward to a Tryamkin-Myers pairing when games start to get chippy.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Avtomobilist has fallen to ninth place and out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. There's obviously a lot of hockey still to play, but if Tryamkin's team doesn't make the post-season, I believe he'd be available to come over to the NHL at the beginning of March.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Yeah... I'm pretty much done with the idea of Stecher's upside.. just hoping we can find the cap space to add him THIS year.... for the playoffs.

Stecher is a keeper, playing on the 3rd pair this year he’s been one of the best even strength players on the Canucks with a GF/60=2.7 GA/60=1.1 and is a +4 through 9 games.

Tryamkin has a lot of size and potential, but is raw and prone to making mistakes. His quickness, especially when it comes to turning and pivoting, is concerning; not sure if he’s good enough to be a full time NHLer.

Reactions: iLLiasPetterson

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Stecher is a keeper, playing on the 3rd pair this year he’s been one of the best even strength players on the Canucks with a GF/60=2.7 GA/60=1.1 and is a +4 through 9 games.

Tryamkin has a lot of size and potential, but is raw and prone to making mistakes. His quickness, especially when it comes to turning and pivoting, is concerning; not sure if he’s good enough to be a full time NHLer.
Looking forward to finding out.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

You might be on to something here....a Tryamkin-Stecher pairing could work pretty well for the Canucks. The big guy can stop the cycle in its tracks--something Stecher just can't do because of his size--and then feed the puck to Stecher who'd have some time and space to make a play. Can't be any worse than that Benn-Stecher pairing.

SurferBroChad

Dec 17, 2018
Victoria BC
You might be on to something here....a Tryamkin-Stecher pairing could work pretty well for the Canucks. The big guy can stop the cycle in its tracks--something Stecher just can't do because of his size--and then feed the puck to Stecher who'd have some time and space to make a play. Can't be any worse than that Benn-Stecher pairing.
lol "could work very well" based off nothing

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin wasn't in the line-up today. Avtomobilist lost 3-0, and they've now fallen to tenth in their conference, good news for those hoping the team misses the playoffs and Tryamkin comes over at the end of the season.

Anyone know anything about Tryamkin's absence?

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I think a Tryamkin / Myers pairing could be entertaining. Green could follow that up with Hughes / Stecher.

Reactions: lindgren

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Tryamkin wasn't in the line-up today. Avtomobilist lost 3-0, and they've now fallen to tenth in their conference, good news for those hoping the team misses the playoffs and Tryamkin comes over at the end of the season.

Anyone know anything about Tryamkin's absence?

Why is this good news; clearly he has been relatively ineffective in an inferior league and we will have to pay him big dough to come over here to be our 5th or 6th defenseman? I see no upside in this...

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Why is this good news; clearly he has been relatively ineffective in an inferior league and we will have to pay him big dough to come over here to be our 5th or 6th defenseman? I see no upside in this...

No chance he cracks this lineup without major injuries. Would be a decent boost for Utica.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

As I said, it's good news for those hoping he comes over. If that's not your hope, fine.

Is your judgment that he's been relatively ineffective based on stats or on viewings, or both?

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
No chance he cracks this lineup without major injuries. Would be a decent boost for Utica.
Right. He will leave the KHL to play in the minors. Not going to happen. And people were butt hurt when he left, and when he wouldn't go to Urica, he's had 2 more years experience, no chance in hell he doesn't make the line up. In fact, with Juolevi, Woo and Tryamkin in the mix, we are going to have a glut of D Men in a year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->