Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucko

Sep 6, 2019
Tryamkin is fine with me if he can be brought back as a 5th/6th... $2-$3 mil per year d-man. Basically he would maybe replace Benn now.

Not a top pairing d-man though.

This is how I see him too.

I think at one point in his career an argument could be made that he was trending to be a top 4, shut down guy, but he seeks to have regressed in the KHL.

Or when he played here our youth was so bleak he looked better than he really was.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tryamkin will be signed, and in the Canucks lineup in time for the playoffs. Book it. But who would he bump down the depth chart?

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Tryamkin will be signed, and in the Canucks lineup in time for the playoffs. Book it. But who would he bump down the depth chart?
Lets be honest probably Tanev

thumb_mok-emegenerator-net-im-ok-body-cast-meme-generator-53462732.png

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I would like to see Tryamkin back. If we make the playoffs, Hughes stecher edler and tanner will find it hard to handle the grind. Woo might of signed by then though, and get taste. Of course, Juolevi needs to be considered.

But Myers Tryamkin Benn and Juolevi are big boys, Woo is average, tanev has injury problems, Edler is getting old, stecher and Hughes are undersized. All in all this team could use a big body like Tryamkin for depth for the future, particularly if they ever make it to the playoffs again.

Problem is , Tryamkin won’t play as “depth”. If he’s not getting 20+ a night he will cry and bail.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Problem is , Tryamkin won’t play as “depth”. If he’s not getting 20+ a night he will cry and bail.

How come nobody else seems to realize this. It's what caused him to bail before. He isn't coming to the NHL to be used as a depth D-man. 5-6 may not even satisfy him. This guy may be more potential trouble than he's worth until one of Tanev or Edler is gone.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
How come nobody else seems to realize this. It's what caused him to bail before. He isn't coming to the NHL to be used as a depth D-man. 5-6 may not even satisfy him. This guy may be more potential trouble than he's worth until one of Tanev or Edler is gone.

you have absolutely no idea what caused him to bail. It could have been as simple as his wife not wanting to be here, so relax with your assumptions.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

Seriously, guys? Multiple reasons he bailed.

1 - they wanted to mold him. He didn't like it.
2 - the money didn't matter, he could make as much in the KHL. (you realize that the KHL pays as well as an ELC, without the threat of a massive paycut in the AHL).
3- they stupidly talked about sending him to the AHL, where he takes a massive pay cut to be much less happy.
4 - he thought he played ok, but was unhappy with his ice time.
5 - his GF wasn't happy.
6 - he was a 19 - 20 yr old kid who didn't speak the language, his GF was unhappy and he didn't fit in.

Kiddies on here are hurt that he bailed on the Canucks, but I think he made the right decision. He has been off getting reasonable ice time and play. In a decent league. Better than the AHL. Whiners on here were hurt that he wouldn't go to the AHL, but cried foul when he jumped to the KHL. He has no obligation or dedication to the Canucks. The Canucks should try to make him happy here. He is going to be worth it.

And why will he come back?

1 - hes 2 years older. More mature. And a RFA .... which means ....
2 - he s about to get a payday. (I assume u understand my earlier point, ELC contracts really can't compare to a KHL contract. Every smart Russian will stay in russia. Make more money, and live in a more comfortable lifestyle for them.)
3 - that payday will be much more than he could get in the KHL. 3 - 4 times as much.

Why he won't come back? Well, many Russian factors. Language. They try to tell him he needs more development and cut his salary short. Offer a 2 way contract. His GF is unhappy.

Reality is I see a 4 yr $4.5 - 4.75M contract. And I think he is going to be a long term decent D man for the Canucks, if they play it right. How many games has he missed due to injury? Yes. Can he stand the grind of the playoffs (Why I said Guddy was a good fit for Pitt). Yes.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki

re my previous post - from what I can tell he is about to get a massive payday. this seems to matter more to russians than anyone else other than agents. Like 4 - 5 times a KHL salary. I don't think the ice time will matter as much is he is getting decent money.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Seriously, guys? Multiple reasons he bailed.

1 - they wanted to mold him. He didn't like it.
2 - the money didn't matter, he could make as much in the KHL. (you realize that the KHL pays as well as an ELC, without the threat of a massive paycut in the AHL).
3- they stupidly talked about sending him to the AHL, where he takes a massive pay cut to be much less happy.
4 - he thought he played ok, but was unhappy with his ice time.
5 - his GF wasn't happy.
6 - he was a 19 - 20 yr old kid who didn't speak the language, his GF was unhappy and he didn't fit in.

Kiddies on here are hurt that he bailed on the Canucks, but I think he made the right decision. He has been off getting reasonable ice time and play. In a decent league. Better than the AHL. Whiners on here were hurt that he wouldn't go to the AHL, but cried foul when he jumped to the KHL. He has no obligation or dedication to the Canucks. The Canucks should try to make him happy here. He is going to be worth it.

And why will he come back?

Everything you say
1 - hes 2 years older. More mature. And a RFA .... which means ....
2 - he s about to get a payday. (I assume u understand my earlier point, ELC contracts really can't compare to a KHL contract. Every smart Russian will stay in russia. Make more money, and live in a more comfortable lifestyle for them.)
3 - that payday will be much more than he could get in the KHL. 3 - 4 times as much.

Why he won't come back? Well, many Russian factors. Language. They try to tell him he needs more development and cut his salary short. Offer a 2 way contract. His GF is unhappy.

Reality is I see a 4 yr $4.5 - 4.75M contract. And I think he is going to be a long term decent D man for the Canucks, if they play it right. How many games has he missed due to injury? Yes. Can he stand the grind of the playoffs (Why I said Guddy was a good fit for Pitt). Yes.

Everything you say has merit. However, none of it was a concern to my only point. He will not be happy with a 5/6 spot on the roster which will result in the lowest number of minutes. If the Canucks lose Tanev next season, Benn is moved to the right side, and Tryamkin comes over, what spot does he get?
Edler and Hughes will be the top 2 LDs. That would make Tryamkin #3. I think he believes he's better than that.

The deciding factor may be the other one you emphasize, $$$$. He will make a lot more here playing that role than any role he's given to play in the KHL.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The deciding factor may be the other one you emphasize, $$$$. He will make a lot more here playing that role than any role he's given to play in the KHL.

yes, Russians more than any other group come for the payday. Which he will get. I tried to explain why he left. The main reason he will come back is $. and I believe he will be very important if the Canucks have any chance of winning the cup in the next 10 years.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Thanks....

So basically we won't be seeing any contract immediately after his season ends...

There is no real pressure point for signing in any sort of hurry.
Benning will probably want an answer by the draft on whether they want to talk numbers.

Pretty much fully dependant on whether or not he's ready and wants to come back to the NHL.
Turns out I was wrong about this and Tryamkin can sign with the Canucks at the end of this season even though he's a RFA.

Patrick Johnston wrote that Tryamkin could possibly join the Canucks after his KHL season, so I asked him how that would work when Tryamkin is a RFA. His explanation was that since Tryamkin already had a KHL contract that the NHL has to honour, Tryamkin is free to sign with the Canucks once his KHL contract ends. The difference between Nylander and Tryamkin is that Tryamkin has a KHL contract that prevents him from signing with the Canucks, whereas Nylander was free to sign with the Leafs.

Patrick Johnston: Petrus Palmu still has Canucks dreams

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin had no points today in Avtomobilist's 2-0 win over Salavat Yulaev. He played 23:21, the most on the team, with 36 shifts, also leading the team, and a team-leading 5 blocked shots. So, going just by the numbers, a good outing for him.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tryamkin's eventual contributions to the Canucks won't be about points. It's the guy's ability to halt the cycle in its tracks in the d-zone and prevent zone entries in the first place with a wingspan that seems at times to cover the entire blueline. A 6'7" guy with that reach and mobility is a freak of nature.

So if he's leading his KHL in ice-time on the bigger European ice sheet, it bodes well for his role as a shutdown d-man for the Canucks.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin led his team in TOI today, playing 22:39 in a 4-1 victory. Up to this point the TOI has been very even among the top five D on Avtomobilist, but there was more of a split today.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I take the Tryamkin situation completely differently than most. He is not a primary dona who demands high ice time or he is going to play in Russia. I believe he was not happy with low ice time yes, but what made him leave was the fact he was outplaying other people and still not getting any more ice time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I take the Tryamkin situation completely differently than most. He is not a primary dona who demands high ice time or he is going to play in Russia. I believe he was not happy with low ice time yes, but what made him leave was the fact he was outplaying other people and still not getting any more ice time.
And I take the Tryamkin completely different than you.....Willie basically screwed the development of Virtanen and McCann, drove Tryamkin back to Russia by playing plugs like Sbisa, Yannick Weber and Larsen.
And I ta

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
And I take the Tryamkin completely different than you.....Willie basically screwed the development of Virtanen and McCann, drove Tryamkin back to Russia by playing plugs like Sbisa, Yannick Weber and Larsen.

And I ta

Sounds like you are agreeing with me?

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Luckily the Canucks dont do that anymore as we have seen this preseason with Eriksson and Schaller outworking and out performing Baertschi, thus being rewarded by making the team...

Reactions: I am toxic

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

Then Green is no more a fit than Willie D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->