Player Discussion Tryamkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Maybe trade him to an American city that bans pot.

Would he accept third pairing minutes?

Could Canucks fans give up Stecher's roster spot, a local boy, for a Russian?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
There's no way I'd give up Stecher to get Tryamkin here, and it has nothing to do with their nationalities.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
For a team that had problems exiting their own zone last year, Tryamkin is no upgrade on Stecher (although you have to wonder if Stecher gets traded..probably not happy in a 3rd pairing?)

If (big IF)..the Canucks make the playoffs..Tryamkin would be a useful piece to have around.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I just remembered, we gave his #88 to Gaudette already. How would Tryamkin feel about that?

I can see we add him for the playoff push after his KHL season is over, and then see what happens.

Dealing him for a pick at the draft, or let him fight it out next pre-season with basketfull of defensive prospects.
But I just don't see a roster spot for him, it's a no brainer to resign Tanev to play with Hughes.
Stecher has ties both locally and with our stars, him being on the third pair is undervaluing him, but if he wants to stay, that is great for the team.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I just remembered, we gave his #88 to Gaudette already. How would Tryamkin feel about that?

I can see we add him for the playoff push after his KHL season is over, and then see what happens.

Dealing him for a pick at the draft, or let him fight it out next pre-season with basketfull of defensive prospects.
But I just don't see a roster spot for him, it's a no brainer to resign Tanev to play with Hughes.
Stecher has ties both locally and with our stars, him being on the third pair is undervaluing him, but if he wants to stay, that is great for the team.

How tied to a number can he be? Remember he didn't care enough to stick around.

And they have a better deal in Tryamkin for the future. He's 25 and in his prime. sorry they are going to have to gift him at least the 7th spot to get him to come over. Edler, Benn, Myers and Tanev are 33, 32, 30 and 29. Both Tanev and Edler have been injury prone.

I don't think they are going to get him for less than $3.5 M and it might even be in the low 4"s. And its going to have an out option if they try to send him to the AHL for anything other conditioning.

The only problem is that we have worse players taking up tons of our cap space and are going to be in cap hell for a while.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin remains out of action, I presume due to injury. The KHL is now in a break, I believe for international competitions, but perhaps one of our Europe experts can give us some details.

I'm hoping it's not a serious injury that would make all this discussion of N.T.'s future moot.

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
I have a feeling we're going to trade him to a team like the Capitals as a prospect swap. I get the impression he wants to play in the NHL just not on the Canucks/Vancouver. There's a lack of russians on this team and he'd probably adjust better with a team with more russian players.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I have a feeling we're going to trade him to a team like the Capitals as a prospect swap. I get the impression he wants to play in the NHL just not on the Canucks/Vancouver. There's a lack of russians on this team and he'd probably adjust better with a team with more russian players.

Between NY and Washington, which place has less pot smell?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Tryamkin's issue with his ice time was that he failed to get rewarded for his good play...

He would have good shifts, but Willie choose to sit him despite the good game he was having... and he'd end up with 12 mins... on a team trying to play for the following yr. It made no sense to us in the GDT's and obviously made no sense to him...

I don't think he would have any issue coming and starting on whatever pairing... as long as he is ensured that he will get a fair a shake. I don't think Tryamkin is some entitled kid... I think he's principled. He could of stayed here for the money... but he put many other things ahead of that to choose to go back home.

When he comes over.... I think he'll be here to work.

EIGHT (8) Pro seasons banked at the end of this season and 4 yrs of marriage... He'll be coming back a pretty secure individual. Now just needs some financial security.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let's be brutally frank here....the way Willie handled young players was nothing short of abysmal.....Virtanen, who admitted he 'had no idea' what the coach wanted him to do; Jared McCann; and of course Tryamkin. It's taken years to undo the damage..... with McCann and Tryamkin basically leaving town after one season in VanCity.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Let's be brutally frank here....the way Willie handled young players was nothing short of abysmal.....Virtanen, who admitted he 'had no idea' what the coach wanted him to do; Jared McCann; and of course Tryamkin. It's taken years to undo the damage..... with McCann and Tryamkin basically leaving town after one season in VanCity.

Atleast our GM turned McCann into Pearson, sorta un did the damage.

I think a sign and trade is probably what would happen. What if we package him and Goldobin with Eriksson, would that be enough to dump Eriksson? Hmm

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

This has tended to be my impression as well.

I think he's interested in coming back to the NHL, but to a team and a city with a bigger Russian presence and culture.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
We had three seasons of seeing Guds on our blueline. It’ll take at least three seasons of Pearson undoing that. And that doesn’t even consider the high 2nd round pick we have up.
Pretty much this

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin was back in action today for Avtomobilist, so whatever injury was holding him out of the line-up seems to have been dealt with. He was pointless in Avtomobilist's 4-2 win.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Despite the fact that he has retained the pic of himself in a Canuck uniform on his instagram account...and he has stated that he follows the team...okey dokey.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin was pointless in a 3-2 OT loss for Avtomobilist today. He led the D in ice-time by a substantial margin: 23:08.

Avtomobilist still lurks just below the playoff bar (of relevance for those hoping Tryamkin will be available to sign with the Canucks at the end of the KHL season).

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Interesting that Pavel Datsyuk is on his team this year. Also interesting that Yekaterinburg is where it all started for Pavel and his numbers between draft age and coming to the Red Wings were poor indicators of what a great player he would become. Something to think about with re.Podkolzin

His team this year has 5 North American born players and 4 of them are the top4 scorers on the team. I would have to think the influences of the best players on his team and Datsyuk would have him fully prepared for what he has to do in order to make the most of his career earning potential. Would also be interesting to hear about language barriers and how they get along to be honest.

As far as Russians and the culture barrier hopefully he can come in and transition well and look at himself as a leader for Podkolzin the year after next. If those 2 guys can realize their potential on the Canucks that is 2 players who add a tremendous amount of speed and power to the lineup

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Tryamkin was pointless in a 3-2 OT loss for Avtomobilist today. He led the D in ice-time by a substantial margin: 23:08.

Avtomobilist still lurks just below the playoff bar (of relevance for those hoping Tryamkin will be available to sign with the Canucks at the end of the KHL season).
No cap space to sign him unfortunately (unless a contract of some significance is dealt for futures).

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No cap space to sign him unfortunately (unless a contract of some significance is dealt for futures).
No real problem there....in all probability Tanev will be on long-term IR by then, and his $4.5m cap hit would be more than enough to ink Tryamkin.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Tryamkin was pointless in today's 4-3 loss, but once again he led the team in TOI with 22:00. He has only 1 goal and 4 assists in 28 games, though that might have something to do with the team's system: Avtomobilist gets very few points from the back end.

Avtomobilist is now 6th in the conference, back in a playoff spot.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I'm curious to see what he signs for when he comes to the NHL. Are there comparable Russian defensemen in Tryamkin's position that signed with their NHL club in their mid-20's? I'm not sure what his leverage would be to demand a high salary unless he's making a similar amount in the KHL. Given his offensive output, perhaps his next KHL contract won't very lucrative?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
For a team that had problems exiting their own zone last year, Tryamkin is no upgrade on Stecher (although you have to wonder if Stecher gets traded..probably not happy in a 3rd pairing?)

If (big IF)..the Canucks make the playoffs..Tryamkin would be a useful piece to have around.

it will be much tougher having to face Tryamkin over Stecher. Tryamkin is also no push over. You just can't f*** with Tryamkin. It will be a total different element having Tryamkin back there.

Reactions: gianni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad