Trouba trade looks better everyday for the jets

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I am not being a homer at all, I don't think you know how to read really.

I haven't once said it was a good deal for the Jets, I haven't once said that Pionk or Heinola can replace Trouba. You're arguing strawmans.

All I have said is the deal has looked better since it happened, which is objectively true. You seem to be the delusional one.

You said it was a "win-win" which is obviously not true. The more you talk,the more your objectivity is put into question. I love the Jets, but I can admit that the Rangers fleeced us. To suggest otherwise is foolish.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
You said it was a "win-win" which is obviously not true. The more you talk,the more your objectivity is put into question. I love the Jets, but I can admit that the Rangers fleeced us. To suggest otherwise is foolish.
The more you talk, the more I question if you know how to read.

I never said it was a win-win, I said trades are not zero sum and that it can be a win-win.

If Pionk solidifies himself as a top 4 D and Heinola develops into a top 4 guy, then considering the circumstances Chevy will have done a very good job, and the Rangers will still have gotten a great asset without paying a premium.

Logic, try using it.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I like how there are two main board threads praising the Jets defense.

the jets defense.

the defense that has sucked so far this season.

Much like how we all had to hear how great the jets have built their team over the past few years.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I am not being a homer at all, I don't think you know how to read really.

lol...ok

[I haven't once said it was a good deal for the Jets, I haven't once said that Pionk or Heinola can replace Trouba. You're arguing strawmans.

All I have said is the deal has looked better since it happened, which is objectively true. You seem to be the delusional one.

You actually are arguing it was a good deal for the Jets.

We can all be happy here, it's not a zero-sum world.
Which essentially means the same thing as "win-win."

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
lol...ok

I mean it pretty clearly says 'can' which is not the same thing as saying we 'are'.

Try again.

Clearly the Rangers got better value at the time and still now, but the Jets did better than it originally appeared and should Heinola and Pionk develop into top 4 options it will be a win-win

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016

the rangers fleeced nobody.

if you really are a jet fan you would understand what happened.

we could keep him 1 more year and then he was going to new York anyway.

he made it known that he would only sign an extension with a team in that region.

so what do you think we would of gotten from any team for 1 year of trouba?

trouba torpedoed his value and those kind of actions should make any gm wonder about that kind of attitude.

try paying more attention to the details and you may have an informed opinion

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
giphy.gif

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I mean it pretty clearly says 'can' which is not the same thing as saying we 'are'.

Try again.

The Jets either:

a) won the trade
b) got equal value in return
c) lost the trade

Unless Pionk turns into a 1st pairing defenseman, it seems pretty cut and dry the Rangers won that trade outright. As for the #20 draft pick, it will be pure luck if Heinola can compare to Trouba in a few years. It would make a far more convincing argument if the Jets had received a top 10 draft pick in return.

Last edited:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
the rangers fleeced nobody.

if you really are a jet fan you would understand what happened.

we could keep him 1 more year and then he was going to new York anyway.

he made it known that he would only sign an extension with a team in that region.

so what do you think we would of gotten from any team for 1 year of trouba?

trouba torpedoed his value and those kind of actions should make any gm wonder about that kind of attitude.

try paying more attention to the details and you may have an informed opinion

Bottom line is the Jets got fleeced by the Rangers thanks to Trouba and his agent. It matters little what the circumstances were.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Jets either:

a) won the trade
c) lost the trade

Unless Pionk turns into a 1st pairing defenseman, it seems pretty cut and dry the Rangers won that trade outright. As for the #20 draft pick, it will be pure luck if Heinola can compare to Trouba in a few years. It would make a far more convincing argument if the Jets had received a top 10 draft pick in return.

Anyway, I am done debating about this. Agree to disagree.
You clearly don't know how to use context and nuance. The Jets were trading at a severe disadvantage due to contract situations and player desire. Trouba's value to NYR was much higher than it was to the Jets. There was 0 chance Trouba was re-signing. If Heinola develops into a top 4 d-man, and we end up with ~4 years of control of top 4 Pionk and 7 years of control of top 4 Heinola then the Jets did well even if to the Rangers, 8 years of control of Trouba was worth more. That was never on the table for the Jets.

Everything isn't so black and white as you want to make it seem.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Bottom line is the Jets got fleeced by the Rangers thanks to Trouba and his agent. It matters little what the circumstances were.

yeah right.

nothing matters in a trade other than who ends up with the better player.

unlike nhl 19, in reality there are many things that effect trades.

trouba and his agent screwed the jets over......

that does not mean that the ranger management fleeced chevy.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I like how there are two main board threads praising the Jets defense.

the jets defense.

the defense that has sucked so far this season.

The Jets are 28th in the league in goals allowed per game. However, if delusional Jets posters fail to see the loss of Trouba, arguably the best defenseman on the team for the past five seasons, has contributed to this, than I don't know what else to say...

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...ry=SCORING&group=1&time=0&pos=0&team=1&page=1

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
The Jets are 28th in the league in goals allowed per game. However, if delusional Jets posters fail to see the loss of Trouba, arguably the best defenseman on the team for the past five seasons, has contributed to this, than I don't know what else to say...

https://www.foxsports.com/nhl/team-...ry=SCORING&group=1&time=0&pos=0&team=1&page=1

you do not know what else to say because all you can come up with is comments to slam the jets.

this has nothing to do with the jets getting fleeced.

it has nothing to do with how much trouba helped the jets defence.

it is all about 1 simple question

were the jets better off with 1 more year of trouba or get what they could for him now and rebuild the defence.

chevy made his choice and I trust him a lot more that some keyboard warrior only looking for reasons to slam the team

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
you do not know what else to say because all you can come up with is comments to slam the jets.

this has nothing to do with the jets getting fleeced.

it has nothing to do with how much trouba helped the jets defence.

it is all about 1 simple question

were the jets better off with 1 more year of trouba or get what they could for him now and rebuild the defence.

chevy made his choice and I trust him a lot more that some keyboard warrior only looking for reasons to slam the team
picard-facepalm.jpg

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The problem is that there is no inbetween for Pionk. When ever he is put into a NHL game his coach will use him a ton (he has had three different NHL coaches).

3B5BBC0A-506B-4259-9108-56F5A765A46F.png

Sure games total are a mess at this point of the season, but he still lead the NHL in ice time.

Maybe he would be a perfectly OK D if he ever was used in a bit smaller role?

Not that he has been bad for Winnipeg in any way. But I don’t think he is a No 1 D. Would be a much better fit on a second pair.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
To be fair it was a good trade for both teams. Trouba clearly didn't want to be there and picking up Pionk and drafting Heinola is a best-case outcome for Jets. New York will get the short-term benefit of Trouba and Winnipeg will get the long-term benefit with some short-term benefit from Pionk/Heinola. Just a solid trade overall with two winning teams.

Reactions: Royale With Cheese

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
The Jets either:

a) won the trade
c) lost the trade

That’s a pretty simplistic view of it. Trouba wanted an excessive contract. He NYR, who are bereft of talent, had the salary cap to overpay. You don’t build competitive teams in the salary cap world by excessively overpaying players.

Is Trouba better than Pionk? Sure. No idea about Ville yet. But the Jets received lower cost players, which they needed to sign other young stars. NYR upgraded their talent but foolishly overspent.

Who won the trade? Both teams are better off afterwards when accounting for everything, including salary cap implications.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
I'll never not see this trade as Trouba and Lemieux for Pionk.

Pionk looks more promising than expected but Chevy was bent over on this one. Horrible asset management yet again. Chevy can draft but he is horrible at managing a playoff team/ contender .

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I'll never not see this trade as Trouba and Lemieux for Pionk.

Pionk looks more promising than expected but Chevy was bent over on this one. Horrible asset management yet again. Chevy can draft but he is horrible at managing a playoff team/ contender .
Yeah, when you add in the Hayes trade it is awful.

The Hayes trade was worse than the Trouba trade, despite what HF seems to think. Gave up a 1st + for an average second line center at a time when we were nowhere near winning the Cup. Really horrible asset management.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Yeah, when you add in the Hayes trade it is awful.

The Hayes trade was worse than the Trouba trade, despite what HF seems to think. Gave up a 1st + for an average second line center at a time when we were nowhere near winning the Cup. Really horrible asset management.

“Average second line center” that commanded a 7 year, $50 million contract.

Nice hot take, cupcake.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
“Average second line center” that commanded a 7 year, $50 million contract.

Nice hot take, cupcake.
Oh wow there's no way a GM would overpay an UFA right!?

Hayes is a fine 2nd line center, but he ain't anything more than that. If you want to change my mind you're going to have to use more than what one GM offered him in salary.

Belzebob

Apr 10, 2016
Oh wow there's no way a GM would overpay an UFA right!?

Hayes is a fine 2nd line center, but he ain't anything more than that. If you want to change my mind you're going to have to use more than what one GM offered him in salary.

asset management is trying to win the cup while your window is open.

the jets were coming to the end of a couple of elc's

they thought hayes might of helped put them over the top.

bad asset management would of been paying him the $50 mil contract

Reactions: Guffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad