Trouba trade looks better everyday for the jets

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Pionk has been surprisingly good, and he’s making 5 million less than Trouba. The Jets would probably have Heinola if they hadn’t traded for Hayes, but he looks like a promising future 2 d. I don’t know how good Trouba has been with the Rangers, but they overplayed him as evidenced in Morriseys contract which he signed for a team on a much less desirable city with more taxes.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Pionk has been surprisingly good, and he’s making 5 million less than Trouba. The Jets would probably have Heinola if they hadn’t traded for Hayes, but he looks like a promising future 2 d. I don’t know how good Trouba has been with the Rangers, but they overplayed him as evidenced in Morriseys contract which he signed for a team on a much less desirable city with more taxes.
:laugh: Whatever helps you sleep at night.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
"Trouba trade looks better everyday"

"I don't know how good Trouba has been with the Rangers..."

122499.jpg

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Trouba has played 3 games with the Rangers.
And has been very impressive. Too bad we don’t have a decent partner for him as of yet. Hajek has potential but is still very green. Skjei has continually regressed and Staal? Yikes. Hopefully Hajek can get more comfortable. As of right now the fate of the Rangers D rests on Trouba’s shoulders.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Go ahead and think that. Pionk is f'ing terrible and our team has looked a billion times better on the back end with Trouba there. And you certainly do not know what you have yet in Heinola after 5 games in the NHL. Pump the brakes
Have you watched a Jets game with Pionk or are you solely basing your opinion on how he played on the rangers.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Well it couldn't look any worse, so by default it can only look better.

On a scale of 1-10, it was a 1 on the day of the trade and now it's a 1.00001

Reactions: Devonator

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
At least you’re honest that you don’t know how he’s been but that being said, he has been better than any defencemen on the jets roster.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Pionk has looked like a frightened seal chased by Great White Sharks every time the opposition forechecks. And the opposition's forwards have pretty much set up lawn chairs and beer coolers in front of the Jets' net. I got slapped harder talking back to my parents at age four than the other team's forwards do while they virtually sit on Hellebuyck's lap.

I can't stand Trouba, but he's much better than Pionk. If Heinola turns into a Norris candidate, then it will be a good trade for the Jets (although technically, he's just the draft pick we got back from that horrible Hayes deal).

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

You're not wrong about this part. Nobody thought Trouba was/is worth 8 million per year, but NY was desperate.

Think he's like the 7th or 8th highest paid defenseman now.

Reactions: dood

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Heinola does things that Trouba could only dream of. But Trouba is NHL ready right now! This trade will work out nicely for both teams, although the Rangers probably overpaid on the contract. Either way, both teams look very average.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
The rangers are paying Panarin and Trouba a combined 19.6 million while the Jets are paying Scheifele and Morrissey a combined 12.375 million.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
You're not wrong about this part. Nobody thought Trouba was/is worth 8 million per year, but NY was desperate.

Think he's like the 7th or 8th highest paid defenseman now.
EW Contract Projections had him at 8.2m for 8 years. so 8m at 7 is really close. Not sure where you are getting "NOBODY THOUGHT" since most reports had hiim making 7-5.7m so a 500k overage isnt even close to saying "NOBODY TOUGHT"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad