Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
No way would the rangers accept.

But how much to add? Suzuki and other pieces.

What has Lafreniere done to have the value of Suzuki? Much less an add. His draft position ultimately means nothing when he’s playing in the league and not producing.

Reactions: jaffy27

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
from Larry Brooks of the New York Post,
- You know who is having a pretty good season? P.K. Subban, who has all but eliminated The Big Mistake from his repertoire and is playing reliably understated hockey in New Jersey, that’s who.
The Spirit of 76 has one year with a $9 million cap hit remaining on his deal. If the Devils retain half, contenders with needs on the right side of the blue line could do much worse than acquiring Subban.​

Reactions: Miller Time

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
from Larry Brooks of the New York Post,
- You know who is having a pretty good season? P.K. Subban, who has all but eliminated The Big Mistake from his repertoire and is playing reliably understated hockey in New Jersey, that’s who.
The Spirit of 76 has one year with a $9 million cap hit remaining on his deal. If the Devils retain half, contenders with needs on the right side of the blue line could do much worse than acquiring Subban.​
In all honesty, if he is available as a UFA, I would try to bring him back. He can't be any worse than Weber, Mete, Kulak, Ouellet and cie.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
In all honesty, if he is available as a UFA, I would try to bring him back. He can't be any worse than Weber, Mete, Kulak, Ouellet and cie.
Me too. He’s got that enigmatic factor that Kovalev had, Richer had - we don’t have a player with that elite talent in front of Price anymore. And he always steps it up in big games - playoff numbers are fantastic.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Me too. He’s got that enigmatic factor that Kovalev had, Richer had - we don’t have a player with that elite talent in front of Price anymore. And he always steps it up in big games - playoff numbers are fantastic.

Returning to Montreal would also provide a jump in production for him, IMO. He loves the big stage, loves playing here. I think he’d be great to have back.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm just not sure I get why the Preds would be moving Ekholm...

guy played 28min tonight, second time this month he's played that much. I get that they need to do some roster recalibrating, but at his cap hit and how much they lean on him currently, can't see why they'd be moving him
They are out of it and it's expected that they'll have a fire sale.

The guy we really need though is Roman Josi.

Reactions: jaffy27

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I'm wondering if acquiring for depth and scoring touch:

Luke Glendenning and Bobby Ryan from Detroit.

Ryan familiar with Perry, has had a good year in Detroit this year. Adds alot more depth scoring. Glendenning would be a big plus for the 4th line center.

Together they have a cap hit of 2.8mill.

I'm wondering if the likes of Lehkonen / Armia / Kulak could make a package as the money could potentially be even but make the Habs way deeper throughout the forward group. Allowing to use what cap we have left to try to acquire a puck moving defenseman.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Huge pass. 31 with 7 more years left @9M AAV. Not what we're looking for

I agree. We already have Gallagher and Price. We don’t need $26 million tied up in long term contracts to players on the wrong side of 30. I’d rather not be in a hellish situation like San Jose’s currently in.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I agree. We already have Gallagher and Price. We don’t need $26 million tied up in long term contracts to players on the wrong side of 30. I’d rather not be in a hellish situation like San Jose’s currently in.
If it was a younger defensemen, I'd consider it or a younger high end forward. But I'm done with big contact for the elderly for a while. The team's identity is changing and our contracts need to reflect that going forward.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
The move to make in the offseason would be trading for Seth Jones, Weber is a shell of his former self and Petry is getting older, we don't know when he'll hit the wall.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The move to make in the offseason would be trading for Seth Jones, Weber is a shell of his former self and Petry is getting older, we don't know when he'll hit the wall.
What are you giving up to get him?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
He can be one of the 2 prospects we include in an Ekholm trade ;)

I am expecting this to be the case, whether he signs or not.

I hope he doesn’t get traded because I’m pretty high on him and think he can be a real solid 2nd pairing puck mover in due time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Josi, Ekholm, Forsberg, Fabbro, Granlund... I'd take any & all, we "need" quite a lot lol
No we don't actually.

Goaltending: set
Centers: young and promising. set.
Wingers: Actually... pretty good right now.
D: sucks. but Petry is carrying one pairing.

Add a number one to play with Weber and we're in good shape. It would totally transform the team.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
No we don't actually.

Goaltending: set
Centers: young and promising. set.
Wingers: Actually... pretty good right now.
D: sucks. but Petry is carrying one pairing.

Add a number one to play with Weber and we're in good shape. It would totally transform the team.

Disagree.

We are still lacking top 6/top line talent up front, with Danault/Armia/Tatar ufas & minimal cap room to work with.

Swapping in CC, Poehling, Ylonen might address it long term, but looking at next year & with top 2Cs 21 & 22, top 6 forward & top 9 C are big needs as well.

Reactions: the

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

Petry is really getting older, from what i see, he's getting younger every year!!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Disagree.

We are still lacking top 6/top line talent up front, with Danault/Armia/Tatar ufas & minimal cap room to work with.

Swapping in CC, Poehling, Ylonen might address it long term, but looking at next year & with top 2Cs 21 & 22, top 6 forward & top 9 C are big needs as well.
Anderson, Taffoli, Gallagher and Drouin isn't bad, and you can add in the underpeforming Tatar. We've got two good young centers to go with them plus Danno who's a great number 3. That's not a bad group.

People underestimate the importance of a solid D. That is what's killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad