Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
It would have to be more than that, I would imagine...Habs would have to throw in a good prospect at least...but apparently Sakic luvs him some Danault, so...ya never know...
If MB could pull it off even adding a decent level prospect it would probably single handedly save his job.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Problem with Montour is he's also defensively suspect and our D isn't exactly a defensive monster, so he'd need to be with a good defensive guy to make up for his mistakes...Mr. Ed is already with Petry, so who would we put with Montour?...Romanov might not be ready for that kind of babysitting responsibility yet...Kulak?...then they'd have to put Romanov with Weber and apparently Ducharme doesn't want to put Top Pairing responsibility on him full time yet either...and then Braindead Ben comes back and a Montour - Chairot pairing has disaster written all over it...I do like the idea, I just don't know if it would work...
that was what they said about petry back in edm

Reactions: le_sean

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Girard is so underrated even here Quebec.

I am sure that Sakic would not trade him for Suzuki one on one

Or even

Romanov + 1st .

I would not be surprise to see Girard at the Olympics next year.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Girard is so underrated even here Quebec.

I am sure that Sakic would not trade him for Suzuki one on one

Or even

Romanov + 1st .

I would not be surprise to see Girard at the Olympics next year.
He's such a good player. Olympic team...not so sure but he'd be perfect for us. I think he's too important for their cup run this year to be moved though. Give them a call just to make sure though :)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Someone said they had read it but nothing reputable was posted so probably just an unsubstantiated rumor.

I attached the article from last year earlier in the thread here and I'm still looking for the article I read the rumor in this year...it's not like it's a done deal or anything, just read that Sakic really liked Danault and thinks he's the kind of C the Avs need for a big push, so I mused that adding to his want for Danault with a prospect and a 1st this year would be smart to get one of their young LH PMDs...again, just a rumor from a couple of sources (that I'm still trying to find again to post it); everyone needs to take it as such and not get too excited...:thumbu:

Reactions: habsfan891

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Girards isn't moving, lets be real. The kid is their best two-way D at the moment, and if theyre adding Danault, its to win the cup this year.

Maaaaaybe they consider Byram if the Habs give them Danault+1st+Guhle+Mete or something but even then, its probably a stretch.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Girards isn't moving, lets be real. The kid is their best two-way D at the moment, and if theyre adding Danault, its to win the cup this year.

Maaaaaybe they consider Byram if the Habs give them Danault+1st+Guhle+Mete or something but even then, its probably a stretch.

Exactly. Girard is untouchable.

He is maybe the most underrated player in the league but Sakic knows how awesome he is.

Some rumors said that Timmins was in love with him when he was with Shawinigan..but Berg have traded his 2 second pick for you know who...jeez

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Exactly. Girard is untouchable.

He is maybe the most underrated player in the league but Sakic knows how awesome he is.

Some rumors said that Timmins was in love with him when he was with Shawinigan..but Berg have traded his 2 second pick for you know who...jeez
Even if the Habs managed to get a hold of him, they probably would have burned him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad