Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Ilya Kovalchuk is one of the best OT player of all-time, he had crazy stats for overtime goals and shootout scoring percentage. He proved it 3 vs 3 that his speed wasn’t needed stealing us points in OT and shootouts during his short stint here.

I legit think if he never went to the KHL that he would have been the greatest OT player of all time.
I'm not saying he wasn't good or isn't good anymore... I'm just saying Ducharme doesn't believe in playing slow players in OT.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The Habs really dont need more forwards. Caufield is going to be the big acquisition.

Drouin-KK-Caufield
Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Perry

This summer they can sign a C to replace Danault and a LW or bring in Ylonen/Poehling.

Its mostly set.

Its the defense that needs an overhaul. Keep Petry, Romanov, Weber and one of the two oafs and acquire Ekholm+a rd for the 3rd pair.

Kulak cannot be on this defense.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Habs really dont need more forwards. Caufield is going to be the big acquisition.

Drouin-KK-Caufield
Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Perry

This summer they can sign a C to replace Danault and a LW or bring in Ylonen/Poehling.

Its mostly set.

Its the defense that needs an overhaul. Keep Petry, Romanov, Weber and one of the two oafs and acquire Ekholm+a rd for the 3rd pair.

When you're putting two of Oulette, Kulak or Mete in your lineup, you're screwed. That has got to be fixed.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
When you're putting two of Oulette, Kulak or Mete in your lineup, you're screwed. That has got to be fixed.
I mean, Nashville kinda did it in 18 19 but their best defenders werent Chiarot Weber and Edmondson lmao.

You either need two good pair with ine really strong first pair, or an elite top 4.

Right now they have neither. Pathetic. The Habs are dripping with assets too.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
FWIW - hockey30 posting Cgy & Habs were closing on a deal involving Hanifin in exchange for Chiarot + Struble + additional unnamed element
Done! In a heartbeat!

Hanafin one of those guys Bergevin has coveted like Anderson, Toffoli, etc.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Drouin-KK-Caufield
Toffoli-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Evans-Perry

Its mostly set.

That forward group is much too small for successful playoffs.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Its bigger thah Tampas, I think itll be fine.
Don't care about Tampa. They have enough high end skill to compensate lack of size. We don't. If we can't add legit skill to the lineup then you gotta add some athleticism that will makes us harder to play against.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Its bigger thah Tampas, I think itll be fine.
I'm looking at our forwards group and have a hard time seeing a Kucherov, Point and Stamkos.

Hell, we don't even have guys like Goodrow and Coleman who hit and killed it in the PO's.

And let's not forget Hedman.

No I do not believe we will be fine.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson, Taffoli, Gallagher and Drouin isn't bad, and you can add in the underpeforming Tatar. We've got two good young centers to go with them plus Danno who's a great number 3. That's not a bad group.

People underestimate the importance of a solid D. That is what's killing us.

If you're talking solely this season/deadline acquisition... Sure.

The fwd group isn't bad, and has more quality depth than most teams league wide.

And fully agree that adding a legit top pairing PMD to this roster would exponentially improve performance.

But if we're looking beyond a deadline deal to try and bolster a playoff run this year, then upgrading the forward group talent will be a must (since we aren't in a position to retain that current forward depth short of Danault/Tatar/Armia all taking pay cuts).

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If you're talking solely this season/deadline acquisition... Sure.

The fwd group isn't bad, and has more quality depth than most teams league wide.

And fully agree that adding a legit top pairing PMD to this roster would exponentially improve performance.

But if we're looking beyond a deadline deal to try and bolster a playoff run this year, then upgrading the forward group talent will be a must (since we aren't in a position to retain that current forward depth short of Danault/Tatar/Armia all taking pay cuts).
Anderson, Taffoli, Gallagher are all signed long term and KK and Suzuki aren’t going anywhere.

The D is where we need help. We’ve got Romanov and... ?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm looking at our forwards group and have a hard time seeing a Kucherov, Point and Stamkos.

Hell, we don't even have guys like Goodrow and Coleman who hit and killed it in the PO's.

And let's not forget Hedman.

No I do not believe we will be fine.

They had the pieces 10 years ago with a young Price, Subban, Pacioretty and in his prime Markov but they could never build on top of that. Things might have been different if Galchenyuk ended up being a Barkov. But instead he flopped. Of course the other failed 1st rounders from 2010 and on hurt as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad