Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I guess I'm living in the past. Subban's day in Montreal is in the rearview mirror.

It’s kind of sad because he was absolutely electric. But his best days are behind him. I think he’d be a decent 2nd pairing PP guy for his next team/contract. But it can’t be at $9m per season.

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It’s kind of sad because he was absolutely electric. But his best days are behind him. I think he’d be a decent 2nd pairing PP guy for his next team/contract. But it can’t be at $9m per season.

The rumor is that maybe NJ would retain 50% of the contract, I know PK doesn’t play the left side but I can’t help but think he’d be a huge upgrade to Chiarot on the left of Weber - or you play Petry on the left and Subban is 2nd pairing RD.

Chiarot is flaming hot garbage.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The rumor is that maybe NJ would retain 50% of the contract, I know PK doesn’t play the left side but I can’t help but think he’d be a huge upgrade to Chiarot on the left of Weber - or you play Petry on the left and Subban is 2nd pairing RD.

Chiarot is flaming hot garbage.

Chiarot >>>>> PK

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
They had the pieces 10 years ago with a young Price, Subban, Pacioretty and in his prime Markov but they could never build on top of that. Things might have been different if Galchenyuk ended up being a Barkov. But instead he flopped. Of course the other failed 1st rounders from 2010 and on hurt as well.
The Markov situation still bothers me. I hold his agent Sergei Berezin responsible for that fiasco.
Markov's agent screwing up big time and getting decertified as an agent is what I blame for Markov not returning to Montreal.
Markov never thinking that it could happen to him. Can you image? 10 games short of his silver stick. Stubbornness and pride.

Former NHL player Sergei Berezin and wife charged in Medicaid fraud

I wonder how many other agents have messed things up for their clients? Conflict of interests etc.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This team needs a Zach Werenski type player badly. I'm not sold on any of our dmen prospects to be that #1 dman and Petry only has a couple years left of this kind of performance.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Anderson, Taffoli, Gallagher are all signed long term and KK and Suzuki aren’t going anywhere.

The D is where we need help. We’ve got Romanov and... ?

JKO - Suzuki - Evans
Drouin - Anderson - Toffoli - Gallagher
(Byron, Lekhonen, CC, Poehling, Ylonen)

That won't cut it in the near future (2-3yrs) even if we added a Josi or Ekholm to the backend...

If anything, in that window our d is more likely to be adequate than our fwd group...

Petry, Weber, Romanov, Edmundson/Chiarot with Leskinen, Harris, Brook, Mete, Fleury, Strubble, Norlinder, Guhle all potentially ready to make the leap over next 2-3yrs.

Much more top 4 prospect depth than top 6 fwd depth & of the NHL players Petry & Weber are the two most currently effective top 6/top 4 assets (with maybe Toffoli pushing past Weber?)

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
This team needs a Zach Werenski type player badly. I'm not sold on any of our dmen prospects to be that #1 dman and Petry only has a couple years left of this kind of performance.

Guhle clearly does...

Let's not forget that Petry was a 2nd round pick who took a decade as a pro before hitting #1 caliber play.

We've got a few prospects with the tools to get there, just none outside Romanov likely to do so in next 3-5yrs... So yeah, adding a top pair "now" player is a huge need.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Guhle clearly does...

Let's not forget that Petry was a 2nd round pick who took a decade as a pro before hitting #1 caliber play.

We've got a few prospects with the tools to get there, just none outside Romanov likely to do so in next 3-5yrs... So yeah, adding a top pair "now" player is a huge need.
Romanov is going to be a beast in a couple of years.

...and how long did it take Hedman to be this good... People were almost screaming bust in the first few years (like some would suggest Dahlin is a bust).

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm going to be awfully dissapointed if the only things we do is sign Caufield for the top 9 and Harris for the 3rd pair.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Why trade a prospect with lots of potential for 1 year 1/2 of Ekholm? We're missing more than a Ekholm to even think of going far in the playoffs.

We did it with Petry and it turned out pretty good.. Ekholm is a 1st pairing dman, you can have him for more then 1 1/2 if both parties are satisfied with the partnership.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->