Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Do you guys think we can make NYR bite on a Caufield vs Lafrenière swap? How much would we need to add?
New york seem to be in the same pattern than us. They want to contend sooner than later. They have plenty of young players. They probably want to make a package for a guy like jack Eichel or another nhl player. instead of taking a risk with a prospect like Caufield

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

I would try to acquire ekholm. The fact he has another yeah on his contract is really attractive imo and his low aav. We desperatly need a LD. The only intouchable imo would be guhle and caufield. The rest. Make a package. Like. Byron/1stpick and aB prospect like struble. Something around that

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I still can't believe Devon Toews was available this summer and Bergy didn't snag him. The guy would be exactly what we need! Although I have to give credit to Edmunston, he's been better than I expected so far.

Couldnt agree more.

Bergys ego is just too big and falls in love with whatever he acquires. The guy likely legit believes Ben Chairot and Kulak are better then what was out there

Reactions: habsfan891

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Ducharme refuses to play slow players in OT... Kovalchuk is sloooow

Ilya Kovalchuk is one of the best OT player of all-time, he had crazy stats for overtime goals and shootout scoring percentage. He proved it 3 vs 3 that his speed wasn’t needed stealing us points in OT and shootouts during his short stint here.

I legit think if he never went to the KHL that he would have been the greatest OT player of all time.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Wondering what Habs fan think. Would you trade the farm to get a game breaker such as Eichel?

Say the following:

Suzuki or Kotka. 925k
Struble or Norlinder
Harris
Tatar 4.8
Byron 3.4
1st

Is it worth to overpay and trade away some key assets to finally get a true #1 center in Montreal?

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Wondering what Habs fan think. Would you trade the farm to get a game breaker such as Eichel?

Say the following:

Suzuki or Kotka. 925k
Struble or Norlinder
Harris
Tatar 4.8
Byron 3.4
1st

Is it worth to trade away some key assets to finally get a true #1 center to Montreal?
Absolutely it is

Reactions: Babyhockey

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Artturi Lehkonen
2nd round pick(TBL)

:devils

Miles Wood

Jake Evans
3rd round pick

:wings

Luke Glendenning

Victor Mete
2nd round pick(MTL)

:flyers

Erik Gustafsson

Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Wood Kotkaniemi Toffoli
Byron Glendenning Perry

Gustafsson Weber
Edmundson Petry
Chiarot Romanov
Kulak

Price
Allen

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

Say the following:

Suzuki or Kotka. 925k
Struble or Norlinder
Harris
Tatar 4.8
Byron 3.4
1st

Is it worth to overpay and trade away some key assets to finally get a true #1 center in Montreal?

Abso f***ing lutely that's not even a question. My offer was Suzuki, 2 1st's, Ghule. Do it.

Drouin - Eichel - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Who - f***ing - Cares

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I don't want Ekholm. Maybe the Habs make the playoffs. If they do, they could get out of the division, it is a weak one. But then what? Powerhouse teams will go through the Habs. You need your 1st round pick. You need to play the odds and keep all those young prospects because you don't know which one will pan out. I'm fine with playing Mete, it increases his value, you trade him when one of the prospects moves ahead. If you want a competitive team, I'd rather DeAngelo than Ekholm, it solves the same problem at no cost. Unless of a fluke the Habs are not making the Finals. And if they reach it, most of the time cinderella teams don't with the Stanley Cup. Best case scenario Caufield comes in and plays like a star, but the defense is too slow and lacks talent. Ekholm doesn't solve any of that, he doesn't bring the Fountain of Youth to Weber and he's not a top pairing defensemen but a top 4 in the mold of Hamrlik. If Markov and Hamrlik wasn't enough, Ekholm and Petry won't be enough. You have to wait for the youngsters to gel and get rid of Weber's albatros contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm just not sure I get why the Preds would be moving Ekholm...

guy played 28min tonight, second time this month he's played that much. I get that they need to do some roster recalibrating, but at his cap hit and how much they lean on him currently, can't see why they'd be moving him

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
the Athletic had us possibly taking Ekholm for a first, Lekhonen, struble and Harris.

No way.
Its honna be something around that. Lekhy has no legit value. Seattle could claim him. First pick should be a 20th and +. Not that much value. And one of harris and struble. Not both. Thats should be a fair value. Not forgetting that ekholm is not ufa this year. His extra year is attractive at low aav

Reactions: Vachon23

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I don't want Ekholm. Maybe the Habs make the playoffs. If they do, they could get out of the division, it is a weak one. But then what? Powerhouse teams will go through the Habs. You need your 1st round pick. You need to play the odds and keep all those young prospects because you don't know which one will pan out. I'm fine with playing Mete, it increases his value, you trade him when one of the prospects moves ahead. If you want a competitive team, I'd rather DeAngelo than Ekholm, it solves the same problem at no cost. Unless of a fluke the Habs are not making the Finals. And if they reach it, most of the time cinderella teams don't with the Stanley Cup. Best case scenario Caufield comes in and plays like a star, but the defense is too slow and lacks talent. Ekholm doesn't solve any of that, he doesn't bring the Fountain of Youth to Weber and he's not a top pairing defensemen but a top 4 in the mold of Hamrlik. If Markov and Hamrlik wasn't enough, Ekholm and Petry won't be enough. You have to wait for the youngsters to gel and get rid of Weber's albatros contract.
I would agree if ekholm was ufa this year. But the fact he has another year on his contract is really attractive. Its bring a bridge for the developpement of our d core. And personnaly. I think we overrate our prospect. Not because harris, strubble, brook are doing well in a inferior level that they gonna become player in the nhl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad