Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
do these trades win us the cup? tell me what needs to be added to make these happen

Ekholm for 1st round (2021) + Guhle + Lehkonen
Getzlaf for 2 x 2nd round (2021) + Mete
Glendening for 3rd round (2022)
Laine + 5th round (2021) for Danault (resigned) + Tatar + Poehling + 1st (2022) + 3rd round (2021)

Run this line up

Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Laine
Perry - Getzlaf - Gallagher
Byron - Glendening - Armia

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

Evans/Frolik/Caufield/Kulak/Fleury as extras

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
do these trades win us the cup? tell me what needs to be added to make these happen

Laine + 5th round (2021) for Danault (resigned) + Tatar + Poehling + 1st (2022) + 3rd round (2021)

Run this line up

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

zGHQb4O.gif

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT

Run this line up

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

Thats WAYYYY too many moving parts. No way that many moves happen

Reactions: 1000eeer

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Run this line up

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

Did you get the new PS5? The power on these new machines to make such big trades!

Kidding of course, but your valuation is off IMO and there's only a very small chance you see either #2 or #4 happen.

1) I think it's highly unlikely that Ekholm returns two 1sts and a roster player of Lehkonen's calibre.
2) The only way Getzlaf moves is if he requests it - no idea why he'd want to come to MTL.
3) Not a bad trade, could happen.
4) Laine getting moved in the middle of the season after just recently being traded for? Traded for pending UFAs, an under-achieving prospect, and picks? Unlikely.

Also, regardless of how realistic or not it may be, I don't think it puts MTL into contender-status.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Sadly I think some teams will give way more for him. Its gonna be a costly auction , also the fact that he needs to bubbles 2 weeks to go to Canada feels like he will be traded in a U.S city.

i would add depending on the ask but that's what i'd start with (like a Mysak tier prospect or something)

Last edited:

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'm repeating myself and echoing a lot of what others have said but Ekholm makes way too much sense for us. Not an old washed up vet at 30, mobile, big, some offense, and a cap hit at 3.75m for the next two years??? We need that guy, he's the perfect fit for our team.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

That's not bad at all. I'd do 2021 1st for sure. I guess it depends on the roster player.

Most have put Chiarot into Ekholm trades, but it sounds like Chiarot could be out for awhile. I thought he had broken his hand, but it sounds like he broke his wrist. A hand you can come back fairly quickly from - a wrist forget it. Minimum 6-8 weeks. He could be out indefinitely. Don't see Nashville wanting a guy out for the season and then going into a UFA contract year.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
That's not bad at all. I'd do 2021 1st for sure. I guess it depends on the roster player.

Most have put Chiarot into Ekholm trades, but it sounds like Chiarot could be out for awhile. I thought he had broken his hand, but it sounds like he broke his wrist. A hand you can come back fairly quickly from - a wrist forget it. Minimum 6-8 weeks. He could be out indefinitely. Don't see Nashville wanting a guy out for the season and then going into a UFA contract year.
Damn I thought he for sure had the boxer's fracture the way he reacted ..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Run this line up

Ekholm - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Romanov

No way i'm touching that Ekholm deal and no way CLB is touching that deal

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I thought so as well, but apparently more serious than that. He may not be a tradeable asset.

If Chariot can't go the other way for Ekholm , then Byron has to be part of the deal or Kulak+Lehkonen. Otherwise Toffoli...The Habs don't have the cap space otherwise.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If Chariot can't go the other way for Ekholm , then Byron has to be part of the deal or Kulak+Lehkonen. Otherwise Toffoli...The Habs don't have the cap space otherwise.

Habs have about 1.6mil of clear space by the deadline given how they've juggled the cap throughout the season so far. Lehkonen (2.4) would be enough to fit Ekholm (3.75).

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs have about 1.6mil of clear space by the deadline given how they've juggled the cap throughout the season so far. Lehkonen (2.4) would be enough to fit Ekholm (3.75).

If they trade for Ekholm to replace Chariot, they are going to do it now, not at deadline (which is in a month)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Only 8 weeks left in the year. If chiarot is out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand we can Patrick Kane him until the playoffs and come out with:

Ekholm- weber
Edy- petry
Chiarot - Romanov

One of chiarot or edy is then probably taken in the expansion draft. Romanov then moves up to second pair next year, and first pair the year after when ekholm leaves.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

A Loyal Dog

Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I think it’s inevitable the Habs will acquire a top-4 LHD this week. We will finally sacrifice a 1st round pick +.

How would y’all feel if we traded for Fowler?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If they trade for Ekholm to replace Chariot, they are going to do it now, not at deadline (which is in a month)

Maybe.

Habs likely won't do it if they have to move multiple roster players to fit him under the cap. It's much easier to just ride it out with Mete and Fleury.

Nashville probably doesn't want to have to take back Byron just so the Habs can get the deal done earlier. Makes a lot more sense for them to wait it out, drum up some bidders, and get as good of a deal as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->