Proposal: Trade Thread #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
if MB thinks this team can win the cup, is long hair has covered his eyes.
can't even score in OT
It’s important for development of young players to get as much high intensity playoff experience as possible- it’s a vital hurdle to confront & build upon

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
L
M
A
O

Is he still better than Kuznetsov though or were you wrong?

? not sure what you are talking about...

I don't recall ever stating that Danault was a better player than Kuznetzov, perhaps you are confusing posters, or taking a comment out of context?

But yeah, sure, if i stated at some point in time that Danault was 1:1 better than Kuznetzov, i'd obviously acknowledge that I was wrong...

either way, it's funny that someone who in one thread, can argue that context is important in comparing players (Tkachuk vs JKO), yet completely ignore context when discussing another player.

Danault is very clearly a solid top-6 caliber C... and very clearly not a solid #1C.... that we have only had him play "above his head" isn't a knock on him. Slot him on a team with a Barkov line attracting the other teams top defensive assignments and give him an elite linemate like Huberdeau, and there's no reason to doubt he'd exceed the point production he's shown in his role in Montreal, while still being an excellent defensive C that does well in the FO circle and can handle any defensive assignment a team needs.... a perfect 2C option on a well built roster

Reactions: salbutera

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Tatar once got 3 first round picks at the deadline that's how desperate teams are to win,this year even more so with weak divisions with best chances for a lot of teams to win.

Tatar never got traded for 3 first pick and he had 3 years remaining on his deal.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
We need forward prospects so badly, once Caufield turns pro it's not very pretty. We have so many D prospects, granted it does seem to be Timmins strength so maybe trading one or two would be better then having him draft them. Of course you don't know what you have in the '20 guys like Mysak, Tuch, Farrell, Biondi, Smith but we can't just hope they turn out.

There must be some organizations who have the opposite problem. Have to wonder if we could trade one of our top dmen prospects (Guhle, Struble, Norlinder, Harris) for a forward prospect of equal value.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No doubt Weber has some sort of injury; he's falling apart before our eyes...honestly, it's time to move on from him and trade him to a Cap Floor seeker in the offseason, don't protect him in the Expansion Draft, whatever but it's time to find a replacement...
I'm wondering if Nashville would like him back. They're on the hook for his contract if he retires anyway and look like it might be time for a rebuild.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Ghost being benched.
Flyers ‘minus’ Gostisbehere for third consecutive game

His analytics are way out of wack from normal this year too. Corsi -4.8 rel. Still putting up decent points but those analytics are ugly and out of character for him.

If the Flyers were willing to part with Patrick & Laughton, I'd take a roll of the dice on Gost in a deal around Danault/Tatar/Armia assuming they'd be interested in a playoff rental focused deal (with any of Kulak, mete, Ouellette added, or Ufa cap retained to make it work)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If the Flyers were willing to part with Patrick & Laughton, I'd take a roll of the dice on Gost in a deal around Danault/Tatar/Armia assuming they'd be interested in a playoff rental focused deal (with any of Kulak, mete, Ouellette added, or Ufa cap retained to make it work)

Philly will get a lot more for Patrick than what the Habs would be willing to give, I believe...it'd be great if they'd do it (and Therrien is there and he luvs him some Black Hole Danault), but I can't honestly see us matching other offers...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Never heard of Laughton, just looked him up. His rel Corsi is between -6 and -7 over the past couple of years. That's... really bad. Nolan Patrick 2nd overall a few years back hasn't done much yet. They may want to give him more time.

Tatar for Gost might make sense for both teams.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Thing is... Weber going away is another massive hole on our backend. Our blueline is holding us back in a big way.

If we had a decent blueline we'd actually be a pretty solid team.

With Weber's contract off the books, you sign one next year like a Hamilton or whoever...fix the damn thing instead of trying to plug massive leaks with band aids,,,

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Never heard of Laughton, just looked him up. His rel Corsi is between -6 and -7 over the past couple of years. That's... really bad. Nolan Patrick 2nd overall a few years back hasn't done much yet. They may want to give him more time.

Tatar for Gost might make sense for both teams.

Not sure if take gost's extra few years without a sweetener...

Not aware of Laughton's advanced stats, eye test & roster fit, I think he'd slot in quite well as a cap friendly middle 6 LW that plays with some edge to his game & can complement skilled linemates...

Patrick would be the key... His migraine issues might never let him maximize his potential, but as a low risk high ceiling bet, if Philly is ready to move on him and wants Gost off the books, he's a worthwhile sweetener imo

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Philly will get a lot more for Patrick than what the Habs would be willing to give, I believe...it'd be great if they'd do it (and Therrien is there and he luvs him some Black Hole Danault), but I can't honestly see us matching other offers...

Normally I'd agree...
But with the financial implications, how close they may well feel their roster is, and how well Danault fits their needs... Not sure how many other teams could offer them that (taking gost's contract & giving them a C upgrade without sending bad $ back)... Not sure they'd move Patrick just for other futures.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Normally I'd agree...
But with the financial implications, how close they may well feel their roster is, and how well Danault fits their needs... Not sure how many other teams could offer them that (taking gost's contract & giving them a C upgrade without sending bad $ back)... Not sure they'd move Patrick just for other futures.

If they'd move Patrick for our offer, great...I just see them getting better offers...

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If they'd move Patrick for our offer, great...I just see them getting better offers...

Another piece that might interest then would be Allen...

With Hart struggling, Elliot is not a capable alternative... Allen could hold appeal given his play & willingness to be a #2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thing is... Weber going away is another massive hole on our backend. Our blueline is holding us back in a big way.

If we had a decent blueline we'd actually be a pretty solid team.

We have upside guys in the pipeline, that could be ready 1-2 years from now. If the current guys can hold the fort, they can be a bridge to those developing players. At some point, we can't possibly have so few of our prospects come through.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I still can't believe Devon Toews was available this summer and Bergy didn't snag him. The guy would be exactly what we need! Although I have to give credit to Edmunston, he's been better than I expected so far.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Kovalchuk is in Russia now, could we bring him in in the middle of the season or are there rules against it? We need his OT skills. lol
Ducharme refuses to play slow players in OT... Kovalchuk is sloooow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad