Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Vesalainen, Dobson, Wilde, Fabbro are all guys i'd be aiming for. Vesalainen has already shown well at the AHL level for a young guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know Niku is LD but he's the best dman propect I see out there.

Dobson was canadas best WJC D man at 18 years old, guy is solid as hell. And after starting the year -30 on the worst team in Jr hockey it has only taken him 15 games to get back to -3. He is rock solid and has tremendous upside, can eat minutes would likely solidify the second pair would be a great partner for Wolanin. So he is number 1 on my list personally, I like Niku too.

Id deal Duchene for Dobson 1 for 1 at this point.

Unparalleled2021

Apr 30, 2015
I agree that Dobson would be the ideal player to bring back, and Duchene to Isles makes a ton of sense. If we can obtain both a scoring winger and an RD prospect we should be in good shape. I’m not getting my hopes up though.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if we wanted dobson our best chance was to trade Stone to them at the draft last year

i think its a little too late to get him now

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dobson would be spectacular. I'd actually kinda prefer to trade Duchene for Dobson+ than to sign him.

Dobson fills a mandatory essential need. Chabot and him would compete for a deadly defense.
dobson + for a rental? never gonna happen

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Dobson would be spectacular. I'd actually kinda prefer to trade Duchene for Dobson+ than to sign him.

Dobson fills a mandatory essential need. Chabot and him would compete for a deadly defense.

If money was no issue, I re-sign Duchene, Stone and Dzingel . Since we cant do that, though, I agree with you

Dont think Dobson will be dealt, though... He was a steal, maybe the best in round 1

Reactions: derriko

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Top prospects are rarely (if ever) moved for rentals, let alone from teams who just saw the face of their franchise walk in FA less than a year ago.

Isles fans would (understandably) burn the Barclays Center to the ground if they moved Dobson(+) for one of Duchene or Stone only to see them walk out the door in July. We need to start prepping, as a fan base, for a more quantity based return.

The only team that I think could give us a blue chip prospect is Nashville, because of how much cap space they have next year, how good of a team they are and based on the fact they are seen as an attractive free agent destination (or at least being able to retain their guys on solid deals).

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Feels like when we wanted top prospects for EK, and subsequently got nothing of the like.

With Pierre Dorion steering the ship, I fully expect to get a buttload of other team's middle tier prospects.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Feels like when we wanted top prospects for EK, and subsequently got nothing of the like.

With Pierre Dorion steering the ship, I fully expect to get a buttload of other team's middle tier prospects.

Yup and some roster player they've been trying to find a way to dump

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Top prospects are rarely (if ever) moved for rentals, let alone from teams who just saw the face of their franchise walk in FA less than a year ago.

Isles fans would (understandably) burn the Barclays Center to the ground if they moved Dobson(+) for one of Duchene or Stone only to see them walk out the door in July. We need to start prepping, as a fan base, for a more quantity based return.

The only team that I think could give us a blue chip prospect is Nashville, because of how much cap space they have next year, how good of a team they are and based on the fact they are seen as an attractive free agent destination (or at least being able to retain their guys on solid deals).

Agreed. Players at the level of Stone and Duchene are rarely (if ever) available as rentals

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Agreed. Players at the level of Stone and Duchene are rarely (if ever) available as rentals

But even when they are, they don't bring back a teams (recent top-10 pick) blue chip prospect.

At most we return a Hossa/Kovalchuk trade, which isn't all that bad all things considered. I'd much rather re-sign them, but I'm also trying to maintain some realism if we move on from them.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Some decently big news coming out soon. Code word is fish sticks.
Well that's interesting. It's as likely to be a trade with the Islanders as it is a trade with a package of Highliner Fishsticks coming back as the main piece(s). I like the intrigue!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If we look at Lou and his last big trade (Kovalchuk) who had more star power than both Stone and Duchene and even that was more quantity over quality.

if for some reason someone believes we can get a rd with potential then Wilde is more easier to obtain but even then i think that will be hard

Kovalchuk, Anssi Salmela and a second-round pick, which became Jon Merrill, for Niclas Bergfors, Patrice Cormier, Johnny Oduya, a first-round pick, which later became Kevin Hayes, and a second-round pick used to draft Justin Holl.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I never insinuated we do not want or, or are not trying to sign these guys.

Waiting to announce the news of their departure to the last possible moment doesn't mean this team hasn't been trying to sign them.

It's a very simple explanation, it is not at all convoluted.

Ticket sales/season ticket renewals (which happen in February, right?) is a plausible and simple explanation as to why this team would wait until as deep as possible into the month to announce what will be one of the most negative PR stories this franchise has ever seen.

Again, no.

What’s plausible is that the trade deadline is coming up, as is the decision making for Lebreton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad