Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Some decently big news coming out soon. Code word is fish sticks.

624083.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Code word is fish sticks.

Ooh, a riddle! I love these.

Well, fish sticks are commonly purchased frozen, which means that we're dealing with a Northern team which has a cold climate. But what else?

Fish sticks are eaten with tartar sauce. Tartar is just the word "tar" twice, which means we're dealing with a team that deals in doubles. Double what? And why fish STICKS? Obviously we're talking hockey sticks, but...

... Wait. Winnipeg's secondary logo has a PAIR of sticks. And they're on their 2nd franchise... double TEAMS! And they're in the coldest climate in the league, just like a freezer!

I've solved it! It's never been more obvious! We're trading Duchene to Las Vegas!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ooh, a riddle! I love these.

Well, fish sticks are commonly purchased frozen, which means that we're dealing with a Northern team which has a cold climate. But what else?

Fish sticks are eaten with tartar sauce. Tartar is just the word "tar" twice, which means we're dealing with a team that deals in doubles. Double what? And why fish STICKS? Obviously we're talking hockey sticks, but...

... Wait. Winnipeg's secondary logo has a PAIR of sticks. And they're on their 2nd franchise... double TEAMS! And they're in the coldest climate in the league, just like a freezer!

I've solved it! It's never been more obvious! We're trading Duchene to Las Vegas!
Yep about where I ended up.........lol

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I never insinuated we do not want or, or are not trying to sign these guys.

Waiting to announce the news of their departure to the last possible moment doesn't mean this team hasn't been trying to sign them.

It's a very simple explanation, it is not at all convoluted.

Ticket sales/season ticket renewals (which happen in February, right?) is a plausible and simple explanation as to why this team would wait until as deep as possible into the month to announce what will be one of the most negative PR stories this franchise has ever seen.
Yup, just like Karlsson. Drag it out so that there's hope for the suckers buying tickets. Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission type situation.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
They just released a statement about competeing in 2021 lol. Not right now. Our top players at the moment are not in their plans.

What???

Obviously they meant that with Stone and Duchene signed the rebuild would be in the fast track and we should be ready to compete in the playoffs in two years, you know coinciding with our top prospects being NHL ready/seasoned.

How in the world are people are turing this into us doing nothing for the next two years is beyond me. This message was very clearly one of the things Stone and Duchene needed to hear in our bid to keep them. We’ll see if they bite now.

We are in a rebuild..... at best we will be competitive in two years WITH Stone and Duchene, without them not so likely.

This seems pretty obvious to me, I mean you guys are reaching even further than usual to spin this into some sort of message that we’re not going to spend money on Stone and Duchene....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dont think theres a chance we get Dobson. That would be fantastic though. We do need another RHD prospect

Wee should leave this (if it is a complete tear down) with 5 1st round picks in the next two drafts.

If you cant get the dman you want - draft one and/or trade for one

If we lose the 3 guys - we will need high end forward prospects just as much
good point.. as we are right now yes defence is a need.. but if we trade these guys, forward quicly becomes a need as well. but on the backend we really only have JBD and ychonik

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What???

Obviously the meant that with Stone and Duchene signed the rebuild would be in the fast track and we should be ready to compete in the playoffs in two years, you know coincidingbwith our top prospects being NHL ready/seasoned.

How in the world people are turing this into us doing nittingbfornthe. Eat two years is beyond me. This message was very clearly one of the things Stone and Duchene needed to hear in our bid to keep them.

We are in a rebuild..... at best we will be competitive in two years WITH Stone and Duchene, without them not so likely.

This seems pretty obvious to me, I mean you guys are reaching even further than usual to spin this into some sort of message that we’re not going to spend money on Stone and Duchene....
well we will find out extremely soon

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
well we will find out extremely soon

We will, but no, not in the sense you’re talking about.

The team cards are all on the table now. The contracts, the rebuild plan, and the promise to continue to spend as the team gets better, culminating in getting up around the cap when we’re challenging.

What’s left to see is if the guys buy in or pass. THAT is what we’ll find out soon enough. The team has made it quite clear that they want these guys, and PD looks to have done everything he can to sway them.

I the end the decision has always rested with Stone and Duchene, and what they think is best for their lives/careers.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
On one hand the spending claim looks like a commitment to winning and convincing the UFA's to stay.

On the other, it's basically an admission that you won't be turning it around or spending in the next 2 and a half years, which could arguably be enough to drive them away in itself.

Could there be some dishonest intentions there with the spending announcement?

Even this year there is an argument that if they'd at least attempted to do something about the defense short term, they could have been a heck of a lot more competitive this season. It was the one area you could point to and guarantee it wasn't going to work out well. If I were the UFA's, I wouldn't have been impressed this past summer by their lack of attempts at improving anything even if it is a rebuild.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Again, no.

What’s plausible is that the trade deadline is coming up, as is the decision making for Lebreton.
Ah yes, of course. This has to be the reason. :sarcasm:

The fanbase isn't as clueless as Melnyk and some others think it is. We have already seen this song and dance with Karlsson where the team played the same charade to help sell tickets. Rinse, repeat...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
On one hand the spending claim looks like a commitment to winning and convincing the UFA's to stay.

On the other, it's basically an admission that you won't be turning it around or spending in the next 2 and a half years, which could arguably be enough to drive them away in itself.

Could there be some dishonest intentions there with the spending announcement?

Even this year there is an argument that if they'd at least attempted to do something about the defense short term, they could have been a heck of a lot more competitive this season. It was the one area you could point to and guarantee it wasn't going to work out well. If I were the UFA's, I wouldn't have been impressed this past summer by their lack of attempts at improving anything even if it is a rebuild.

Ha! There is no other hand dude, your first but is clearly what it was.

The rest is just fantasy role-play for who knows what purpose.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
We will, but no, not in the sense you’re talking about.

The team cards are all on the table now. The contracts, the rebuild plan, and the promise to continue to spend as the team gets better, culminating in getting up around the cap when we’re challenging.

What’s left to see is if the guys buy in or pass. THAT is what we’ll find out soon enough. The team has made it quite clear that they want these guys, and PD looks to have done everything he can to sway them.

I the end the decision has always rested with Stone and Duchene, and what they think is best for their lives/careers.

PD and Melnyk have done everything they can to sway then AWAY from staying with this organization, yes.

Just thought I would clarify your point.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What???

Obviously they meant that with Stone and Duchene signed the rebuild would be in the fast track and we should be ready to compete in the playoffs in two years, you know coinciding with our top prospects being NHL ready/seasoned.

How in the world are people are turing this into us doing nothing for the next two years is beyond me. This message was very clearly one of the things Stone and Duchene needed to hear in our bid to keep them. We’ll see if they bite now.

If you think this is obvious you are truly living into a fantasy land and are not paying attention.

Reactions: Deku

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I get the feeling certain posters on here probably had relatives on the Titanic as it was sinking, advising people that the cold water would have awesome therapeutic effects on their skin and thus they were very fortunate that they will have a beautiful glow to show off when people are looking at them in their casket...

I guarantee some people on here if they were fans during the Hawks Wirtz years, would side with Wirtz saying if fans dont sell out the games that they shouldn't be able to watch it on TV then. Guarantee.

Reactions: Deku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad