Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
When they traded for Duchene, my thought was "they can't get a deal done with Turris so they're giving up a lot to kick the can down the road a year when they can't sign Duchene"

But I never in a million years thought they'd lose Stone
If you can't agree on a multi seasons contract with the heart and soul of your team when he is a RFA (last summer) Aka on par with what other NHL teams would offer.
The writing has Been on the wall for a while I say

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Duchene wants out.. Not having actually said the words , keeps Dorion hanging on because he knows the cost of acquiring him and it will magnify just how terrible he is as a manager. He will leave it as late as he can, but he will trade him.. If Stone is somehow , hooked to Duchene , in terms of ..If Duchene stays, he'll stay.. Dorion has to cut bait and start looking for the best return he can get. Having likely left Dzingel in the wind , pending on what eventually happens with Stone and Duchene, he will have to overpay to keep him; which he probably will.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think Tavares didn't want the Leafs to give up a bunch of assets to get him when he was going to sign either way.

With Duchene, I could see him legitimately wanting to go to a contender though. He seems to genuinely want to play playoff hockey and get s chance at a Cup.

Could totally see Dorion just running out of runway and not trading some of them just to have them walk in July. He's screwed up at almost everything else so I don't know why he'd do a good job here. He's left himself so much work over the next two weeks. I don't see how he can get it all done.
Another good point on Tavares and possible motivation. Why let your team burn through a couple nice pieces to get you.

I think Stone is probably up for it, but I thought Duchene's new born could throw a wrench in it. Either way, them leaving was always the most likely scenario, so Dorion should have been on top of the trade market for a while now. Dragging it to the deadline always felt like a fools hope, this would have been done in the summer if it they were really going to stay.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
so do we have enough time for the media to assassinate the characters of duchene and stone?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
so do we have enough time for the media to assassinate the characters of duchene and stone?
Not sure they will this time.

I actually think they’ll go after Melnyk.

The pre-game panel with Ian, Chris and Lisa that went after Eugene let it slip that the local media feels unjustly snubbed by Melnyk and the org.

I’m betting the focus switches from the players to Melnyk for creating an atmosphere where he can’t even give his money away and no one wants to play for him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Would it be possible that Stone and Ceci are moved in the same deal? They are each dating a twin in a pair of identical twins.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Not sure they will this time.

I actually think they’ll go after Melnyk.

The pre-game panel with Ian, Chris and Lisa that went after Eugene let it slip that the local media feels unjustly snubbed by Melnyk and the org.

I’m betting the focus switches from the players to Melnyk for creating an atmosphere where he can’t even give his money away and no one wants to play for him.

i would hope so

but i dont trust the media either they bend over for eugene a lot

any semi decent media group would have been publicly destroying melnyk and his credibility

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Is Adam Fox a free agent after this college season? I wonder if the Sens would be interested in getting him if Carolina can't sign him. He seems to be in the friend circle with Brown, Norris, Tkachuk, White.

Reactions: derriko

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
why...Melnyk/Dorion are the issue...Gross incompetence....3 top level players gone(what legitimate team does this ?)....for SFA...who would want to sign with this Joke of an organization ?

because recently any time any player worth a damn leaves its because they were horrible in the locker room

just waiting for that to happen here

Reactions: billpo

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On insider trading:

Top contenders for Stone - if available - likely to be Winnipeg, Vegas and Calgary. Dorion expected to arrive in Winnipeg well in advance of the game on Saturday to scout the Jets and Moose.

Columbus with interest in Duchene.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad