Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lafreniere by a significant margin.

They are really close. Anyone that definitively says they know is trying to push an agenda.

If Karlsson doesn’t sign in SJ which it looks like he won’t, the Sharks could be in for an Anaheim type of fall.

Maybe a more progressive coach in SJ, but they have some big cloud storms ahead of the D isn’t there to get the puck up to those old forwards like it is with EK.

That 1st next year could be something. Could be nothing. Could be something.

I have pretty good info its NYR or San Jose no idea how you have come to this conclusion.

I am shocked how suprised everyone is that the sens are trading Stone and Duchene... The writing has been on the wall for a while.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Hughes. Only thing Lafreniere has on him is size. Also Hughes is a C and Lafreniere W.

C > W
In my opinion it’s unlikely Hughes will play centre in the NHL. Both should be viewed as wingers. I prefer lafreniere myself but it’s close. Maybe even byfield. If it’s close I’d rather take the bigger player.

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
They are really close. Anyone that definitively says they know is trying to push an agenda.

I have pretty good info its NYR or San Jose no idea how you have come to this conclusion.

I am shocked how suprised everyone is that the sens are trading Stone and Duchene... The writing has been on the wall for a while.
What info do you have it could be NYR given that he hasn't been allowed to negotiate with them?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What info do you have it could be NYR given that he hasn't been allowed to negotiate with them?

Karlsson can have interest in playing in New York without negotiating with the Rangers first. Rumor has it that he'd love to play there.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If Karlsson doesn’t sign in SJ which it looks like he won’t, the Sharks could be in for an Anaheim type of fall.

Maybe a more progressive coach in SJ, but they have some big cloud storms ahead of the D isn’t there to get the puck up to those old forwards like it is with EK.

That 1st next year could be something. Could be nothing. Could be something.
They have been playing better without him in the lineup...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
They have been playing better without him in the lineup...

They've been the 2nd best team in the league since the game in Ottawa, and Karlsson has been over a PPG during that span.

Even if he doesn't re-sign, they'll reallocate that money to Panarin, Stone or Duchene.

They'll be good for years to come.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Sounds like they are not signing... unbelievable the amount of value given away the last 16 months

This round is a bit different in that this is the result of years of meddling ownership. They most likely made fair offers to Stone and Duchene but neither wants to work for Eugene

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
This round is a bit different in that this is the result of years of meddling ownership. They most likely made fair offers to Stone and Duchene but neither wants to work for Eugene
I'm pretty positive that we aren't offering sizeable bonus money, let alone lockout proof bonus money, which both will 100% get on July 1st.

Without that, for better or for worse, that isn't a fair offer for guys like that.

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

A while?
Since June imo

Reactions: bert

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I get the feeling there's a hope that Dorion can get suckered into not trading him, so he doesn't have to move with a new child, then again when he hits UFA. Agent is putting in some OT.
I dont think so. If Duchene doesnt sign he will be dealt by the deadline for sure, even if the return is terrible.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I get the feeling there's a hope that Dorion can get suckered into not trading him, so he doesn't have to move with a new child, then again when he hits UFA. Agent is putting in some OT.
This has definitely been a thought I've had. These guys don't want to have to move for 3 months only to have to decide on their future and move again in the summer.

I think this was why Tavares "left the door open" with NYI last year. He knew where he was going the whole time but played it out so he didn't have to move again.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This has definitely been a thought I've had. These guys don't want to have to move for 3 months only to have to decide on their future and move again in the summer.

I think this was why Tavares "left the door open" with NYI last year. He knew where he was going the whole time but played it out so he didn't have to move again.
I think Tavares didn't want the Leafs to give up a bunch of assets to get him when he was going to sign either way.

With Duchene, I could see him legitimately wanting to go to a contender though. He seems to genuinely want to play playoff hockey and get s chance at a Cup.

Could totally see Dorion just running out of runway and not trading some of them just to have them walk in July. He's screwed up at almost everything else so I don't know why he'd do a good job here. He's left himself so much work over the next two weeks. I don't see how he can get it all done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad