Rumor: Trade rumours/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Well if Dorion has no intent on seriously trying to sign them to extensions then who is it on? We saw the exact same song and dance with Karlsson. Why would this be any different? Karlsson is better than Stone and Duchene.
Based on what is in the media with these two players versus Karlsson, do you not see a difference in intent?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Based on what is in the media with these two players versus Karlsson, do you not see a difference in intent?

I see the exact same situation playing out, no quality offers just B.S to try and get people to continue to buy tickets. Did you not hear about Melnyks announcement they are spending from 2021 to 2025. Its 2019 right now.... Why is the sens controlled media saying they 'are meeting' but then no numbers are discussed? Is this real? Its a dog and pony show how you cant see the correlation isnt exactly suprising but its fairly obvious its the exact same thing happening again.

I honestly find it incredible that people believe what is being projected by this organization and take it for face value. Id love to play you in poker.

Reactions: Deku and Bileur

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I see the exact same situation playing out, no quality offers just B.S to try and get people to continue to buy tickets. Did you not hear about Melnyks announcement they are spending from 2021 to 2025. Its 2019 right now.... Why is the sens controlled media saying they 'are meeting' but then no numbers are discussed? Is this real? Its a dog and pony show how you cant see the correlation isnt exactly suprising but its fairly obvious its the exact same thing happening again.

I honestly find it incredible that people believe what is being projected by this organization and take it for face value. Id love to play you in poker.
The organization has given me no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt on anything that they've said

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
In short, no. This is the biggest news surrounding the team, and has been for months.

It is what it is, there is no sneaking trying to dupe people in to buying tickets.

The management of this team is absolutely trying to sign these guys, it has come down to whether they want to stay or not, and so we wait until the deadline PD set for their decisions.

The simplest explanation is also the one that makes the most sense.

I never insinuated we do not want or, or are not trying to sign these guys.

Waiting to announce the news of their departure to the last possible moment doesn't mean this team hasn't been trying to sign them.

It's a very simple explanation, it is not at all convoluted.

Ticket sales/season ticket renewals (which happen in February, right?) is a plausible and simple explanation as to why this team would wait until as deep as possible into the month to announce what will be one of the most negative PR stories this franchise has ever seen.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I never insinuated we do not want or, or are not trying to sign these guys.

Waiting to announce the news of their departure to the last possible moment doesn't mean this team hasn't been trying to sign them.

It's a very simple explanation, it is not at all convoluted.

Ticket sales/season ticket renewals (which happen in February, right?) is a plausible and simple explanation as to why this team would wait until as deep as possible into the month to announce what will be one of the most negative PR stories this franchise has ever seen.
I also think the Lebreton negotiations and a potential sale could be factors.

Reactions: derriko

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
They just released a statement about competeing in 2021 lol. Not right now. Our top players at the moment are not in their plans.
The statenent they released was kind of foolish imo however im not sure how you derived from that statement that the top guys are not in the plans. I look at it the opposite way...if you accept the statement at face value the top guys would pretty much have to be in the plans to spend that kind of money..,,or replacement players...but i certainly didn't derive from that statement any type of acknowledgement that they weren't interested in those players.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
How much money (if any) do the Sens need to take back if they trade Duchene, Stone, Dzingle and Ceci to say cap compliant?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The statenent they released was kind of foolish imo however im not sure how you derived from that statement that the top guys are not in the plans. I look at it the opposite way...if you accept the statement at face value the top guys would pretty much have to be in the plans to spend that kind of money..,,or replacement players...but i certainly didn't derive from that statement any type of acknowledgement that they weren't interested in those players.
The statement could be viewed multiple ways.

The most plausible is that they were prepping the fanbase for losing the UFA'S.

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If Dorion can do a sign and trade in the next few days ... He'd have to find the team, then allow the deal to be worked out , negotiate the return, get the contract in place and finalize the trade.... but he couldn't get these guys signed having several months to work something out .. and the trade would be marginalized by waiting so long.

The inability to sign these guys is an indictment of how much faith players that are playing and succeeding here have in things getting better.

Reactions: bert and topshelf15

Unparalleled2021

Apr 30, 2015
These are the prospects I see as realistic targets from the teams that have reportedly shown interest/ make sense as trade partners:

Senyshyn - BOS
Beauvillier - NYI
Andersson - CAL
Kylington - CAL
Niku - WPG

Fabbro - NSH
Stanley - WPG
Bellows - NYI
Gauthier - CAR
Dube - CAL
Fox - CAR

Valimaki - CAL
Vaakanainen - BOS
Yamamoto - EDM
Vesalainen - WPG
Tolvanen - NSH
Texier - CBJ
Mattheos - CAR
Sandberg - WPG

Wahlstrom - NYI
Dobson - NYI
Foudy - CBJ
Wilde - NYI

Anyone missing?

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
These are the prospects I see as realistic targets from the teams that have reportedly shown interest/ make sense as trade partners:

Senyshyn - BOS
Beauvillier - NYI
Andersson - CAL
Kylington - CAL
Niku - WPG

Fabbro - NSH
Stanley - WPG
Bellows - NYI
Gauthier - CAR
Dube - CAL
Fox - CAR

Valimaki - CAL
Vaakanainen - BOS
Yamamoto - EDM
Vesalainen - WPG
Tolvanen - NSH
Texier - CBJ
Mattheos - CAR
Sandberg - WPG

Wahlstrom - NYI
Dobson - NYI
Foudy - CBJ
Wilde - NYI

Anyone missing?
Funny how as the picks get later (and the less we know about the players) the more enticing they become.

Reactions: derriko

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Vesalainen Tolvanen Niku and Fabbro

All good prospects that should be available.

I think Vesalainen and Tolvanen have worked well together in junior tournaments so night be smart to target them both.

I dont think were getting a blue chip D prospect - something we need to target with the 1st round picks we acquire

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Senyshyn - BOS
Beauvillier - NYI
Andersson - CAL
Kylington - CAL
Niku - WPG

Fabbro - NSH
Stanley - WPG
Bellows - NYI
Gauthier - CAR
Dube - CAL
Fox - CAR

Valimaki - CAL
Vaakanainen - BOS
Yamamoto - EDM
Vesalainen - WPG
Tolvanen - NSH
Texier - CBJ
Mattheos - CAR
Sandberg - WPG

Wahlstrom - NYI
Dobson - NYI
Foudy - CBJ
Wilde - NYI

Anyone missing?

Marchenko from Columbus is a really good prospect too

Maybe Zboril from Boston?

Allard from Nashville...

Brannstrom, Hague, Glass and Elvenes from Vegas....

Philippe Myers & Isaac Ratcliffe from Philly...

Chemlevski, True, Gambrell, Blichfield, Letunov, Chekhovich from SJ...

Good list though!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens should be sitting the 3 UFAs now... They should also sit Ceci .. but that was true months ago.

Even as just a precaution that the don't sign; which is getting to the point of being widely accepted.

So many ways to get injured and although it would be fitting for Dorion's reign.. He should try to avoid it.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Vesalainen Tolvanen Niku and Fabbro

All good prospects that should be available.

I think Vesalainen and Tolvanen have worked well together in junior tournaments so night be smart to target them both.

I dont think were getting a blue chip D prospect - something we need to target with the 1st round picks we acquire

They need a RD really badly, Fabbro and or Dobson would be incredible adds.

Foudy to me is the top forward prospect on that list, he has Dylan Larkin written all over him.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
They need a RD really badly, Fabbro and or Dobson would be incredible adds.

Foudy to me is the top forward prospect on that list, he has Dylan Larkin written all over him.

Dont think theres a chance we get Dobson. That would be fantastic though. We do need another RHD prospect

Wee should leave this (if it is a complete tear down) with 5 1st round picks in the next two drafts.

If you cant get the dman you want - draft one and/or trade for one

If we lose the 3 guys - we will need high end forward prospects just as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad