Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Why not offer Gardiner a 3 year deal? If he’s not able to play because of injury he can just go on IR.

The only benefit of a 1 year deal is we can trade him to Toronto (+ if we retain salary) for something we want at the trade deadline.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Why not offer Gardiner a 3 year deal? If he’s not able to play because of injury he can just go on IR.

The only benefit of a 1 year deal is we can trade him to Toronto (+ if we retain salary) for something we want at the trade deadline.

The benefit for a one year deal could also be to allow Romanov to come over next season. If he continues his progression, we will have no need for Gardiner after this year, with Mete and Chiarot also under contract.

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
That glorious run to missing the playoffs!
I see your point, but would we even have been close without Shaw having a career year? Are we going to make the playoffs without him, but a second and third round pick in our back pockets?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If the rumor is true, which team has the cap space to offer him 5-6M$ and top pairing minutes with a defenseman like Weber?
I cant see us going for him after that Chiarot signing.
He was pretty vocal about wanting to re-sign in Toronto, don't see why he wouldn't want to go back to a big market.
Fair enough, but actions speak louder than words. I doubt he is thrilled when the entire arena is booing him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I cant see us going for him after that Chiarot signing.

Fair enough, but actions speak louder than words. I doubt he is thrilled when the entire arena is booing him.

What actions? Toronto didn't and doesn't have cap space to re-sign him and he still hasn't signed.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If the rumor is true, which team has the cap space to offer him 5-6M$ and top pairing minutes with a defenseman like Weber?

If the plan is to gain value on the part of Gardiner.....i'm in.
There's about 20 teams that can't afford giving a $6M dollars deal, even for one year, at least not before shedding salary.

Selling top pairing minutes with Weber and top PP minutes without competition on top of that, it should be a no brainer for both Gardiner and Bergevin. One year is not dangerous for both.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If the plan is to gain value on the part of Gardiner.....i'm in.
There's about 20 teams that can't afford giving a $6M dollars deal, even for one year, at least not before shedding salary.

Selling top pairing minutes with Weber and top PP minutes without competition on top of that, it should be a no brainer for both Gardiner and Bergevin. One year is not dangerous for both.
Could set himself up for a bigger payday

Reactions: Milhouse40

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
If Winnipeg wants Domi for Laine, frankly they can have him.

I can only imagine Laine - KK - Armia terrorizing our opposition.

Domi and Drouin would be too much going the other way then.
It would be something like Domi, Byron + Prospect + Pick

Laine - KK - Armia
Tatar - Danault Gallagher
Drouin- - Poehling - Lekhonen
Thompson Weal etc.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Domi is not going anywhere

Subban too said he were a life Hab too. As much as I like Domi, Laine is the better player. Domi had a career year on a bad team; and Laine a bad season with a contender. Winnipeg wouldn't even think of trading him for Domi if Laine weren't asking for the moon. Flashnews: Bergevin has enough cap space. In French I would write: "Le jeu en vaut la chandelle." It's worth the risk, imagine a team with guys who can score! Domi is feisty, I like him, but Laine's canon is what wins games; especially considering the pathetic fluidity of the powerplay. He didn't deliver: if Domi was such a great player, why was the powerplay so horrible? With Laine you improve your powerplay, with Domi your even strengh, I guess; but then you need big goals in the playoffs, and wasting powerplay opportunities literally sinks you. I'd much rather Laine than Domi; plus he'd fit very well with KK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad