Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Lol. Laine is 21. Has basically a 0.5 goal per game so far in his 237 games career and some of you guys are acting like he's already peaked. He had one tough year and suddenly he's overrated and useless.

The kid is 21. Not 29. He still has the potential to score 50+ goals. You guys are underating the importance of goal scoring.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The only trade that makes sense for the team is Drouin(+) for a a good LD. If Drouin's value isn't high enough then you just start the season with him and hopes he starts well so you can make a deal happen.

Vegas doesnt make good trades and they have cap woes. We better have had called them about Theodore....
I think they could trade Lehkonen and picks for a similar return. Drouin is not the only trade bait we have.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I would not trade a center for a winger, when the center costs up to a decade to find.

That's low enough to be a good joke ;)

I would always trade for the player with the better weapon, it's an art, Caufield practices his shot, a lot, from all angles. Not everyone can train that obssessively, Domi can't shoot to win a 7th SC game in overtime, he's too busy being popular to put in the work of a sharp shooter. It's fine that he focuses on other aspects of the game, I'm just saying.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd sign Gardiner for 1 year any day. Its a smart gamble. Forget long term though.
Ya but we got Ben Chiarot! You know, the guys that looked completely out of place when he didn't play with Byfuglien. Bergevin signing Chiarot tells me that he won't do anything else to fix that embarrassing defense. He will just keep throwing shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Ya but we got Ben Chiarot! You know, the guys that looked completely out of place when he didn't play with Byfuglien. Bergevin signing Chiarot tells me that he won't do anything else to fix that embarrassing defense. He will just keep throwing **** at the wall and hope it sticks.

This means Chiarot needs to babysit a rushing d-man, this gamble could pay off. Think of one of the young RDs, they're putting up good numbers in the minors. Or even Petry; actually it's a good fit, Petry has a heavy shot and is a rushing d-man, he's a poorman Byfuglien. I understand Bergevin's reasoning.

Reactions: Steeler23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This means Chiarot needs to babysit a rushing d-man, this gamble could pay off. Think of one of the young RDs, they're putting up good numbers in the minors. Or even Petry; actually it's a good fit, Petry has a heavy shot and is a rushing d-man, he's a poorman Byfuglien. I understand Bergevin's reasoning.
He's another bottom pairing dman just like the other 3 guys.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Better hope Mete improves his shot, he's good at creating open ice with his speed, defenses would have a harder time to adjust if he were more polyvalant. The last seasons he were a one-trick passing poney.

If Mete could shoot like Brian Campbell, the rest of his offensive game would take significant strides. You can see opposing teams dont respect his shot when he has the puck at the point. For NHLers, having one less option to cover just makes it significantly easier to defend the rest.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
If Mete could shoot like Brian Campbell, the rest of his offensive game would take significant strides. You can see opposing teams dont respect his shot when he has the puck at the point. For NHLers, having one less option to cover just makes it significantly easier to defend the rest.

If Shaq practiced taking free shots with the Lakers. Would make sense.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
No way we trade Domi. He's the future captain...Would you do a massive offer like Lehkonen, Suzuki, Romanov and a 1st for Laine?

Yes. I'd make many massive offers for Laine. Captain is overated, it doesn't add any real value to a player. It's looking like the Jets will hold their ground. If you want to keep Domi, then trade Weber for Laine instead, that's a good idea too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The whole point of getting Laine is to play him with Domi, it doesn't make sense at all from our point of view if it's one for the other. We'd play him with Danault ? Style wise they don't match well and that would break our most consistent line from last year, which I'd like to avoid.

there was something posted over a month or so ago when it first came out that Laine wasn't 100% happy being a Jet and that he would like to play here due to all the Fins we have, so the thought would be if you somehow get him, it's to build a future duo with Kotka. That said it was dismissed at the time as his agent likely just posturing for Laine's big pay raise.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yes. I'd make many massive offers for Laine. Captain is overated, it doesn't add any real value to a player. It's looking like the Jets will hold their ground. If you want to keep Domi, then trade Weber for Laine instead, that's a good idea too.

Definitely not overrated, you can't win cups without great leadership.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If we do end up trading Domi and a prospect for Laine (which would be stupid), this would be our future lineup.

Suzuki - Kotkaniemi - Laine
Drouin - Poehling - Caufield
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi will not be traded, he’s in Weber territory

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Lol. Laine is 21. Has basically a 0.5 goal per game so far in his 237 games career and some of you guys are acting like he's already peaked. He had one tough year and suddenly he's overrated and useless.

The kid is 21. Not 29. He still has the potential to score 50+ goals. You guys are underating the importance of goal scoring.

In that so called tough year he still had 30 goals. This kid is special and would be outrageously expensive to trade for.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
In that so called tough year he still had 30 goals. This kid is special and would be outrageously expensive to trade for.

Not to mention a chronic back problem that plagued him all year and a groin issue later in the year. He still scored 30 and had 50 points while playing through the injury.

Kids a stud. Period.

Reactions: blarneylad

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
We all would rather package Drouin, but you wont get Laine without giving prime assets.(Domi or KK)
Although Laine is a good goal scorer, his play reminds me of Pacioretty. Maybe it's because he's still young. Anyway as for the trade proposal: Domi for Laine. You guys are too much. We haven't had a legit shot at a #1 center for decades and now you want to trade one. The value is there but right now the Habs need a Domi more than they need another Pacioretty. On the other hand, I would package Drouin.

Reactions: butch_sb

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
there was something posted over a month or so ago when it first came out that Laine wasn't 100% happy being a Jet and that he would like to play here due to all the Fins we have, so the thought would be if you somehow get him, it's to build a future duo with Kotka. That said it was dismissed at the time as his agent likely just posturing for Laine's big pay raise.
I don't think Kotka is quite ready yet for a top 2C role. My mind can change pretty quick depending on how good his early season is mind you.

Reactions: jaffy27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad