Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He’s got a lot of traits coaches love, I would say you’re right.
Man, he got the traits I LOVE!!!!

He’s a heck of a hockey player with the grit and passion to make a difference. And you can tell he LOVES being a Canadien. I’m locking this guy up long term pis au plus sacrant

Reactions: Toene and Frozenice

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Where all this Domi for Laine talks are coming from?

frl2611174440.jpg

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Is it the new zoomer thing to just hate someone because he works for a bad media channel? Pedneault is an excellent sports journalist. He's not like Friedman, he's an analyst more than an insider. Far from the one to make these kind of claims for clicks, he's very respected in the hockey world. We're not talking about Lavoie here.

And to clear things up, he said he didn't think it was about Laine. Can people at least read the article before commenting? :skeptic:

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
If they are talking to Chevy, it may be a Drouin/Ehlers swap? No way they give up on Laine, and no way we give up on Domi....
The salary is basically a wash so it doesn’t really help the Jets, nor does it help their needs on d and 2c. We could help the d part with Juulsen whom can handle a top 4 role, but probably wouldn’t have to unless Pionk or Buff get hurt. Add to him another cost controlled asset like Lehkonen or Byron and a high upside prospect like Ikonen and a pick.
It’s a classic quality for quantity trade, but it frees cap and provides depth throughout the lineup and in the future for a team with cup aspirations.
Losing a 20 goal scorer/ potential 20 goal scorer and leadership in Byron or Lehkonen would hurt but the potential of a Domi KK Ehlers line would be nice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think Kotka is quite ready yet for a top 2C role. My mind can change pretty quick depending on how good his early season is mind you.

They could pair them but not give them 2nd line ice time, shelter them both, just balance out the ice time a little more so that it's not a traditional 3rd line. This way you get them working together right away so that they hopefully build up insane chemistry for down the road when we hopefully are a contender. I just think they would fit well together, although I don't think Julien will be a big fan.

And to clear things up, he said he didn't think it was about Laine. Can people at least read the article before commenting?

it's the only thing that makes sense though, rumors about Laine not being happy being a Jet, the Habs already turning into the Montreal Fins, and we could use a young big bodied sniper. If they want Domi, who's coming off a 70 pt season and plays the game the way you want in order to win, it's going to cost a lot and since I don't see them giving up on Connor, then not much else makes sense.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I'd do that in a heartbeat

I don't see how that trade makes us markedly better?

Montreal needs to find a way to add Ehlers for a veteran like Byron, futures and prospects not named Suzuki, Poehling, Caufield, Romanov or Brook.

Much prefer a Finnish line of Ehlers - Kotkaniemi - Armia That gives a hot of Lehkonen breaking out with the Drouin-Domi duo on a line of Lehkonen - Domi - Drouin.

Lehkonen/Poehling - Domi - Drouin.
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Ehlers - Kotkaniemi - Armia/Lehkonen
Cousins/Lehkonen - Poehling/Cousins - Weal/Armia

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
There’s a thread about it in the Rumors Forum. Be prepared to cringe.

That thread is a beauty. Most posts are about a Domi for Laine trade even though it's been said in the thread it doesn't concern Laine from the Jets. It's just another typical mainboard Habs/Domi bash thread it looks like at this point.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That thread is a beauty. Most posts are about a Domi for Laine trade even though it's been said in the thread it doesn't concern Laine from the Jets. It's just another typical mainboard Habs/Domi bash thread it looks like at this point.

I love that post where one guy was suggesting adding KK, Suzuki and Poehling to Domi in order to land Laine.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
They could pair them but not give them 2nd line ice time, shelter them both, just balance out the ice time a little more so that it's not a traditional 3rd line. This way you get them working together right away so that they hopefully build up insane chemistry for down the road when we hopefully are a contender. I just think they would fit well together, although I don't think Julien will be a big fan.
WWE

it's the only thing that makes sense though, rumors about Laine not being happy being a Jet, the Habs already turning into the Montreal Fins, and we could use a young big bodied sniper. If they want Domi, who's coming off a 70 pt season and plays the game the way you want in order to win, it's going to cost a lot and since I don't see them giving up on Connor, then not much else makes sense.

The ask for "asset X" is Domi for now but things change. If that asset is Laine (I doubt it) and he was to be available, Cheveldayoff would be a fool not make it known to more suitors. Dozen(s) of teams out-bidding each other would raise the price significantly.

I dont want to trade Domi for Laine, but the latter's value is way higher than the former in a vaccuum, I know that.

Reactions: Snowman

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Is it the new zoomer thing to just hate someone because he works for a bad media channel? Pedneault is an excellent sports journalist. He's not like Friedman, he's an analyst more than an insider. Far from the one to make these kind of claims for clicks, he's very respected in the hockey world. We're not talking about Lavoie here.

And to clear things up, he said he didn't think it was about Laine. Can people at least read the article before commenting? :skeptic:

Edit : I love the guy just because of that legendary bit...

This clip reminds me of how miserable Carbo looked like when he was coaching the habs...in this specific clip, he looks like he was about to off himself in the dressing room when the journos showed up...

Reactions: Toene
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad