Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Id rather have a 60-70 poins domi at 7.5m than a 70 points goal scorer at 10.5m

Laine is more lethal than Domi, he is a weapon on the PP. What is your point? Last season's stats? All those points, they were gained by Domi in games where the opposing teams were not as motivated as they are playing contenders. Laine would most definitely benefit from playing in the East; where he wouldn't get pushed around as much. The Jets have a Bruins like mentality, they don't like that kind of stuff. Maxi Domi fits their mentality better. Please make it happen Marc.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Laine is more lethal than Domi, he is a weapon on the PP. What is your point? Last season's stats? All those points, they were gained by Domi in games where the opposing teams were not as motivated as they are playing contenders. Laine would most definitely benefit from playing in the East; where he wouldn't get pushed around as much. The Jets have a Bruins like mentality, they don't like that kind of stuff. Maxi Domi fits their mentality better. Please make it happen Marc.
Im still not willing to give Patrick Laine 10.5m.
Hes not worth 10.5m.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
What about the price needed to acquire him?

I mean, if the deal involved Drouin and reasonable pieces for Laine, I could live with the 10.5. If it's Domi and pieces, then I don't see the point.

Drouin's value is at its lowest, just wait. I even tried to make a bet with the Dave Chapelle poster! Actually I should put money on it, but I'm not familiar with lotery. The odds are in Drouin's favour to have a better season, playmakers will feed off his technical skills. He's good at being a player among his peers, the Warriors won the NBA championship by spreading talent. Drouin needs Mackinnon, pair him with talented players and he will succeed better.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drouin's value is at its lowest, just wait. I even tried to make a bet with the Dave Chapelle poster! Actually I should put money on it, but I'm not familiar with lotery. The odds are in Drouin's favour to have a better season, other type of talents will feed off his technical talent. Drouin needs a Makinnon, pair him with talented players and he will succeed better.

I'm not sold on Drouin but definitely hope he'll prove me wrong.

On the odd gambit that Chevaldayoff could be persuaded on account of his cap crunch and what Laine is demanding -- then perhaps there is a deal to be done.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin's value is at its lowest, just wait. I even tried to make a bet with the Dave Chapelle poster! Actually I should put money on it, but I'm not familiar with lotery. The odds are in Drouin's favour to have a better season, other type of talents will feed off his technical talent. Drouin needs a Makinnon, pair him with talented players and he will succeed better.

Actually, he really only needs this.
MjAxMi00NzMwZDE5Y2RhYzgzMzA3.png

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I'm a liberal. Positive interactions make more sense; not only that, Drouin is probably stronger from those experiences he lived.

Last edited:

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

I mean, if the deal involved Drouin and reasonable pieces for Laine, I could live with the 10.5. If it's Domi and pieces, then I don't see the point.

If they project that a C-line of KK-Poehling and Danault in the next 2-3 years is gonna be good enough to contend, i guess it make sense to make a trade around Domi vs Laine. Domi got extra value since he's seen as a center after last year, if you plan on using him as a winger next year and you have the chance to acquire an elite goal scorer at age 21 like Laine,you have to pull the trigger.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
If they project that a C-line of KK-Poehling and Danault in the next 2-3 years is gonna be good enough to contend, i guess it make sense to make a trade around Domi vs Laine. Domi got extra value since he's seen as a center after last year, if you plan on using him as a winger next year and you have the chance to acquire an elite goal scorer at age 21 like Laine,you have to pull the trigger.

I’d rather package Drouin if the Jets would do a deal around him and roll with Laine, Caufield, Domi and Suzuki as your top 2 line wingers going forward in a few years.

Reactions: Habs Icing

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

This is the thing. Acquiring Laine means getting 10.5m in salary back.

Even if we were to put Domi in this tread which i think is ridic , that wouldnt fix the salary cap problem for the habs. Even trading Kotkaniemi ( Just saying id never trade him) wont fix anything cap wise.

The only player that could be traded to give salary would be Danault/Byron/Drouin/Tatar/Gallagher. And it would need to be over 10m or close from the habs side.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The whole point of getting Laine is to play him with Domi, it doesn't make sense at all from our point of view if it's one for the other. We'd play him with Danault ? Style wise they don't match well and that would break our most consistent line from last year, which I'd like to avoid.

Reactions: Habs Icing

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I’d rather package Drouin if the Jets would do a deal around him and roll with Laine, Caufield, Domi and Suzuki as your top 2 line wingers going forward in a few years.

You would trade Caufield and Suzuki over Domi? I wouldn't. As a matter of fact, thanks! That's an offer Bergevin could make to the Jets, they would bite. I'd much rather trade Domi than Suzuki and Caufield for Laine. Or maybe you're suggesting Drouin + one of those goal scorers. It would take the Jets to be very desesperate to accept that deal.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The only trade that makes sense for the team is Drouin(+) for a a good LD. If Drouin's value isn't high enough then you just start the season with him and hopes he starts well so you can make a deal happen.

Vegas doesnt make good trades and they have cap woes. We better have had called them about Theodore....

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
The only trade that makes sense for the team is Drouin(+) for a a good LD. If Drouin's value isn't high enough then you just the season with him and hopes he starts well so you can make a deal happen.

Vegas doesnt make good trades and they have cap woes. We better have had called them about Theodore....

Drouin for Ghost? That's the best I can come up with for now.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Trading Domi for Laine would be the height of stupidity. Domi had 61 ES points last year. Laine only had 26! All he does is score on the PP (barely). He is a non-factor at 5v5.

His ES numbers have sharply declined since his rookie year.

16-17: 50 ESP in 73 games
17-18: 39 ESP in 82 games
18-19: 26ESP in 82 games

We should stay away. The asking price will be too high for a player that is extremely overrated.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

What kind of bullshit is that?

Reactions: Locks and Gravity

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Drouin for Ghost? That's the best I can come up with for now.

I'd ask for Provorov or Sanheim first, just to see if there's anything we could add to Drouin for 1 of them. If not, i'd be ok w/ Ghost. It kinda feels like another Galchenyuk for Domi trade lol.

Reactions: FF de Mars

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

We all would rather package Drouin, but you wont get Laine without giving prime assets.(Domi or KK)

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
If we do end up trading Domi and a prospect for Laine (which would be stupid), this would be our future lineup.

Suzuki - Kotkaniemi - Laine
Drouin - Poehling - Caufield
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
You would trade Caufield and Suzuki over Domi? I wouldn't. As a matter of fact, thanks! That's an offer Bergevin could make to the Jets, they would bite. I'd much rather trade Domi than Suzuki and Caufield for Laine. Or maybe you're suggesting Drouin + one of those goal scorers. It would take the Jets to be very desesperate to accept that deal.

I said Drouin not Suzuki or Caufield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad