Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It's really quite simple...Ehlers is better than Drouin. Imo of course.

I said markedly, as in significantly.

IMO, a trade that includes keeping Drouin, along with Ehlers, would make the team significantly better.

A one-for-one swap, not really.

Reactions: Hacketts

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Similar talent and it's very close between these two. I would have a hard time saying one is better vs the other
Similar talent maybe but Drouin remains one of the laziest hockey players ive seen in my entire life including ones ive played with and that gives Ehlers a more than significant egde imo.

Reactions: Snowman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Similar talent maybe but Drouin remains one of the laziest hockey players ive seen in my entire life including ones ive played with and that gives Ehlers a more than significant egde imo.

Drouin needs to improve his intensity and yes, it is frustrating cause he has more to give. But if I had to choose between these two, I would be happy with either of them. Ehlers did not have a good past season so not sure why he gets a pass and Drouin does not.

An agreement can be made that edge goes to Ehlers but saying there is a significant gap between them... that I don't agree with.

Drouin:
- Centers he has played with.. Flippula, Johnson, Danault, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Weal.
- 0.60 pts/game over 322 games
- 22.3% of his points on the PP
- 207 giveaways (0.64/game)
- 195 takeaways (0.61/game)
- 57.9% Corsi for with 66.1% of starts on the offensive zone

Ehlers:
- Centers he has played with.. Scheifele, Little, Hayes, Stastny
- 0.67 pts/game over 298 games
- 14.4% of his points on the PP
- 163 giveaways (0.55/game)
- 122 takeaways (0.41/game)
- 56.6% Corsi for with 60.9% of starts on the offensive zone

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Drouin needs to improve his intensity and yes, it is frustrating cause he has more to give. But if I had to choose between these two, I would be happy with either of them. Ehlers did not have a good past season so not sure why he gets a pass and Drouin does not.

An agreement can be made that edge goes to Ehlers but saying there is a significant gap between them... that I don't agree with.

Drouin:
- Centers he has played with.. Flippula, Johnson, Danault, Domi, Kotkaniemi, Weal.

Ehlers:
Maybe im remembering wrong but wasnt Ehlers buried most of the year on Winnipeg which would somewhat explain his poor year

Reactions: Dichow Stopper

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Maybe im remembering wrong but wasnt Ehlers buried most of the year on Winnipeg which would somewhat explain his poor year
No, he is primarily a goal scorer playing with another goal scorer in Laine. Either of them didn’t register an assist on any of the others goals last season. Talk about not meshing with your line mate.
Combine that with decreasing pp time and you have a recipe for a bad season.
He would be an excellent buy at a slight discount guy, because of his controlled zone entries, his 5v5 scoring, and he was the play driver on his line.
Domi KK Ehlers
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Weal Lehkonen
Cousins Phoeling Armia

Reactions: habsfan891

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ehlers is a much better all around player imo

Not saying you can't but can you provide any evidence to support this? Or are you talking about the eye test?

Posted this a few posts ago... Do you have anything to add to it that tips the scales more?

Drouin:

Ehlers:

Reactions: ProMath

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
To do that, he’d have to completely change who he is.

Goodbye perimeter-flowing mullet.

I do know he is working at reducing his weight to some degree so he has better foot speed and acceleration. He is fully aware of the critics and holes in his game and it's on him to bust his ass off so he is ready to take the next step for this coming season.

I have faith but I do realize it can go one way or another. Problem is some think he will for sure not get better which I disagree with. The kid has skill and he is just touching his prime years. I think he can figure it out and have a few seasons in the 60-80 range in his prime or possibly more if we add more talent around him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I do know he is working at reducing his weight to some degree so he has better foot speed and acceleration. He is fully aware of the critics and holes in his game and it's on him to bust his ass off so he is ready to take the next step for this coming season.

I have faith but I do realize it can go one way or another. Problem is some think he will for sure not get better which I disagree with. The kid has skill and he is just touching his prime years. I think he can figure it out and have a few seasons in the 60-80 range in his prime or possibly more if we add more talent around him.

There has never been any doubt about his skill.

The question has always been about his attitude and regularity.

Not an issue that Metamucil can fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad