Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Yes I agree with you MB has messed the bed , but there was no way habs were getting Hughes or Kakko, no way
with Kotka in finland I doubt there would be that big posivitive vibe. Without Kotka, the fans would have been on the edge from the get go. No Juulsen, no players who logically need more seasoning... but we did the opposite. go figure, he wanted to save his job and it worked. we should have aimed for a top pick and act accordingly people was ready already for a rebuild.

Reactions: calder candidate

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Rangers need cap space. Would you do a Mete for Skjei straight up deal? Should we ask for some retention?
No. Skjei and mete are same type of player. Nice speed , but skjei is taller. Skjei had his first step in the league at 21, mete is only 20. Poehling will be in the same road than skjei and for that reason, he will gonna start in montreal and have successful because he is much older

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
NOPE , MB wont sell anything of no value

Usually garage sales involve disposable items. Are we gonna get a quantity for quality deal? Nah, those only happen in fake trades.

Last edited:

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
I feel bad for the players.. doing a great effort.. and all the gm does is trade a lockerroom superstar and a productive player on all angles of the game for picks.. and get nothing worthy for the actual roster. its like a ****ing slap to the face of all those players that put that 110% effort. they'll come in at camp with some questions marks.. it might work a bit but once the $#!t hit the fan it wont be nice.

I felt understanding about the Shaw trade because I was really worried about his continuing concussions and it seemed like he might have to retire if he got another one this coming year. But reading this, I think you make some really good points -- if trading a very useful guy who was a big part of last year's run, at least get something back that can keep the momentum going, and that is definitely not picks...

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I felt understanding about the Shaw trade because I was really worried about his continuing concussions and it seemed like he might have to retire if he got another one this coming year. But reading this, I think you make some really good points -- if trading a very useful guy who was a big part of last year's run, at least get something back that can keep the momentum going, and that is definitely not picks...

That glorious run to missing the playoffs!

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Too bad we can’t get rid of Alzner and sign Gardner

We have the cap space to sign Gardiner, we just don’t have a roster spot and we wouldn’t have even if we get rid of Alzner.

The Chiarot signing likely means that management believes that Mete can get the job done with Weber on the top pairing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin is going garage "sale-ing" not having one

He’s running out of room in terms of maximum allowable contracts so if he wants to keep on shopping, someone will have to go.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
That glorious run to missing the playoffs!

it think its all about perpective. our team wasnt supposed to be in by a long shot, we overachieved.. but you would normaly try to reward efforts, not punish it by removing a key element of that effort. Shaw was like glue on this team.. there is player that divide teams (Subban/Paccioretty) other that Bond them Kotkaniemi/Shaw I'm talking about the emotional part of the game. but oh well. well see how the team gels next year there will be a lot of internal competition not sure all this will end.

MB did something similar the first year we had 8 millions available in the cap.. players were kind of waiting for that top 6 player missing he never arrived and the team was imploding.

loyalty is for dogs.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Too bad we can’t get rid of Alzner and sign Gardner

Everything is possible. It's our GM that isn't capable of doing anything

Garbage players and salaries all moved all the time. It's him that can't come up with something that requires 1/2 a brain

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would have no problem giving Gardiner something like 5M$ for 1 year. In 2020-2021, Romanov will come over and Mete will have one more year of experience.

Could Kulak play the right side on the bottom pairing with Mete?

Kulak can be the 7th D. For me it’s a no brainer at 1 year. In the worst case if it’s doesn’t work, at the end of the year you let him go. And if we are not in the playoff at the TDL, we can trade him and we will have some nice assets in return.

Reactions: Dichow Stopper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad