Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Disagree. There’s a bunch of teams that need to shed salary to get under the cap and sign key players. Boston, Calgary, Vegas, Toronto, Jets, Tampa etc.

If he can’t turn assets and cash into a top 3 player or a top prospect at the least, then go home. If you have all the pieces you need and still can’t get it done, you’re just not suited to the job. It’s thay simple. If we can’t sign or draft a star player, and the GM can’t trade for one then that’s a sign of something being seriously wrong and a change needs to be made.

2 years in a row without doing anything….i'm not holding my breath, i think he's going for a 3rd straight years with multiple asset not used like Cap Space.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
2 years in a row without doing anything….i'm not holding my breath, i think he's going for a 3rd straight years with multiple asset not used like Cap Space.

Last year was a rebuild year so I was hopeful but not expecting it. This year is a must make the playoffs and last year for Bergevin if we don’t make the playoffs. He has literally ever possible assets he can want to facilitate a trade. He has literally no excuses this year not to get a star player. None.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Last year was a rebuild year so I was hopeful but not expecting it. This year is a must make the playoffs and last year for Bergevin if we don’t make the playoffs. He has literally ever possible assets he can want to facilitate a trade. He has literally no excuses this year not to get a star player. None.
Then go get Laine zip just don't
trade Domi

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Brodie is probably the cheapest option available. Flames need to unload salary. Signing Chiarot basically tells me that Bergevin isnt adding any other LHD.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Brodie prefers playing on the right side tho, i'd still target him regardless. He could be a good add for the price we give up, Calgary's in a pinch.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’d be targeting poolparty. Would add size, and could play with KK. I don’t think he’ll ever be the star he was projected as, but I still think he could be a good complementary type on a scoring line.

Reactions: Omar

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Trading Shaw was pointless.
That's already a strike in his book of managing asset and trading to get what this team needs.

Just don't see it happening but you never know, he might be desperate by now.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
That's already a strike in his book of managing asset and trading to get what this team needs.

I liked Shaw but I can understand the reasoning. Multiple concussions, higher but not ridiculous salary and the fact that he was selling at Shaw's high makes a trade possible.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Depreciating asset. Major injury history, but able to get a good return after a career year. Not at all pointless projecting forward the next couple years.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Brodie prefers playing on the right side tho, i'd still target him regardless. He could be a good add for the price we give up, Calgary's in a pinch.
He would still be our best option by far, but I doubt we add any other dmen.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I liked Shaw but I can understand the reasoning. Multiple concussions, higher but not ridiculous salary and the fact that he was selling at Shaw's high makes a trade possible.

Depreciating asset. Major injury history, but able to get a good return after a career year. Not at all pointless projecting forward the next couple years.

Is that trade made the team any better? No, it made it worst.
Did we get some size in return? No, we lost some sand paper
Did we get some help on left D? No, only draft draft pick that have 5% chance to become NHLer in 4 years from now.

So it was pointless cause it the end, it made the team worst and the return was the complete opposite of what this team needs.

Just like the Eller trade: Yeah good return, could let go of him because of Danault, cap space and bla bla bla….
And it the end it was a pointless trade that didn't help the team in any way. shape or form and just made our team worst.
Exact same thing here.

Trading to make the team worst isn't a great way to use our assets.

Reactions: Canad13ns

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
The only thing on cap space is we have a potential 4M in bonuses if everyone makes it. Realistically, I’d be surprised if it goes above 2M and that might be pushing it. But it will be much better to pay that onto this years cap than nexts.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I wonder if at this point, Edmonton would consider Hudon and 3rd for Puljujarvi. If so, I think it could be worth a try.

The way I see it, unless a surprise, Lehkonen should get a shot with Drouin and Domi. It could be an ideal situation for him to breakout.

Assuming that Tatar, Danault and Gallagher stay together, I would like to see Puljujarvi on a line with Kotkaniemi and Armia (if we think that one of JP or Armia can play LW). I would also like to see Poehling and Byron on what I would call a modern 4th line (more minutes and contribution expected).

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Different times. Skating wasn't at a premium like it is now. Also, it's always a quagmire to take a player out of the era he happened to excel in.
Yeah I know. Just chucked it out there for fun.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I wonder if at this point, Edmonton would consider Hudon and 3rd for Puljujarvi. If so, I think it could be worth a try.

The way I see it, unless a surprise, Lehkonen should get a shot with Drouin and Domi. It could be an ideal situation for him to breakout.

Assuming that Tatar, Danault and Gallagher stay together, I would like to see Puljujarvi on a line with Kotkaniemi and Armia (if we think that one of JP or Armia can play LW). I would also like to see Poehling and Byron on what I would call a modern 4th line (more minutes and contribution expected).
No one will give a 3rd for a player that is waiver eligible, has not met any expections from his team or draft pedigree and just got hip surgery.

I would certainly not pay that for Pulj either.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Bergevin is only going that route cause he has no choice but to go that route

he fail at signing UFA
he fail at signing RFA
his trades are for the most part irrelevant (as I said, MOST, not all)

to be expected : trades that will not change much for the present or future of this team.

Bergevin has probably done the biggest trades in the last few years of any GM. Not saying the best trades but in terms of star players that he moved, I don’t think any GM has moved the type of players that MB has (Subban, Sergachev, Pacioretty, Shaw, Galchenyuk) To say his trades are irrelevant is categorically not true. I get you might not like MB, but don’t make stuff up...

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I agree, but here is no reason not to do the same for Byron. Shaw is also a RW where we are weaker at the NHL level.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
I got 0 expecations towards MB. we already know he just look for reclamation projects and finnished players to boost his team..

Really annoyed by the Habs management. We screwup last draft year (we got lucky with Caufield) but we should aimed for Hughes or Kakko.. instead we pushed hard without any help. (we didnt use that extra cap space) we did. well but no playoffs.. players are super motivated.. perfect time to bring us to the next level..but nothing was done, again. now people are saying.. its okay we can tank this year for Lafreniere.. like.. hello? why we didnt do it last year then? I mean.. is there a plan here or is it just freaking improvisation by the day?

I feel bad for the players.. doing a great effort.. and all the gm does is trade a lockerroom superstar and a productive player on all angles of the game for picks.. and get nothing worthy for the actual roster. its like a f***ing slap to the face of all those players that put that 110% effort. they'll come in at camp with some questions marks.. it might work a bit but once the $#!t hit the fan it wont be nice.

it feels like it might be MB last miles.

Reactions: Canad13ns

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I got 0 expecations towards MB. we already know he just look for reclamation projects and finnished players to boost his team..

Really annoyed by the Habs management. We screwup last draft year (we got lucky with Caufield) but we should aimed for Hughes or Kakko.. instead we pushed hard without any help. (we didnt use that extra cap space) we did. well but no playoffs.. players are super motivated.. perfect time to bring us to the next level..but nothing was done, again. now people are saying.. its okay we can tank this year for Lafreniere.. like.. hello? why we didnt do it last year then? I mean.. is there a plan here or is it just freaking improvisation by the day?

I feel bad for the players.. doing a great effort.. and all the gm does is trade a lockerroom superstar and a productive player on all angles of the game for picks.. and get nothing worthy for the actual roster. its like a ****ing slap to the face of all those players that put that 110% effort. they'll come in at camp with some questions marks.. it might work a bit but once the $#!t hit the fan it wont be nice.

it feels like it might be MB last miles.
Yes I agree with you MB has messed the bed , but there was no way habs were getting Hughes or Kakko, no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad