Mar 1, 2010
Would Panthers consider:

Pacioretty (extended at 7x7.25)
Petry
Hudon

For

Borgstrom
Roster player/Cap dump.

They already have Barkov/Trocheck , adding Pacioretty/Hudon and a top4 D in Petry might convince them to sacrifice their young C...Probably not though.

Maybe as early as 2019-2020 we could see this roster (I am dreaming , I realize this):

Drouin - Borgstrom - Gallagher
Domi - Poehling - Scherbak
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Danault - Shaw

Like the basis but i would want Matheson as part of the deal if you are giving up Petry.
Hard pass. That contract alone is terrible and a big reason why the Panthers should not be in the Pacioretty sweepstakes. Also no thanks on a Petry for Matheson swap.

Last edited:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
With Dallas in on Karlsson, wonder if they might be interested in paying us to take Hanzal off their hands. Probably just a mid round pick + Hanzal for a depth player/AHLer.

I like the idea of bringing in a solid vet like Hanzal short term (he has 2 yrs left @ $4.75) to insulate our young players a bit. Might even be able to let Drouin play the wing. We could run Hanzal - Danault - Plekanec - Peca/DLR down the middle. Tankerific...

Reactions: bsl

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
With Dallas in on Karlsson, wonder if they might be interested in paying us to take Hanzal off their hands. Probably just a mid round pick + Hanzal for a depth player/AHLer.

I like the idea of bringing in a solid vet like Hanzal short term (he has 2 yrs left @ $4.75) to insulate our young players a bit. Might even be able to let Drouin play the wing. We could run Hanzal - Danault - Plekanec - Peca/DLR down the middle. Tankerific...

Hanzal or Spezza... getting either with some sweetener would be a wise-move.

Drouin absolutely should be moved back to the wing, we need him to regain and grow his confidence, not spend another season miscast and loaded with expectations and scrutiny that are not his fault.... MB seems focused on setting up his best assets to fail pretty consistently for some reason.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

I would prefer Spezza a lot more, much more upside and there's only 1 year left.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Hanzal or Spezza... getting either with some sweetener would be a wise-move.

Drouin absolutely should be moved back to the wing, we need him to regain and grow his confidence, not spend another season miscast and loaded with expectations and scrutiny that are not his fault.... MB seems focused on setting up his best assets to fail pretty consistently for some reason.

Well Spezza has that no trade clause and apparently won't come to Canada. He's also up at the end of the year so I don't think he's a big concern for them. Hanzal has the extra year and with Seguin and potentially Karlsson up for extensions, they'll need the space then. Between Hanzal and Spezza that's more than $11M, so enough for Karlsson.

Hanzal also plays a more 2 way game and has played with, and has success with Domi.

But yeah, getting Drouin over to the wing this year would be great. He got better and I think he's capable but he's a winger first. He can be far more explosive and concentrate on generating offence. Get his confidence back, like you said.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Seems to me that we are waiting for the shoe to fall on karlsson before anything happens.

My ideal scenario; Karlsson goes to TB for two reasons:

A: I need the leafs to fail and having a divisional rival add ek will help

B: Dallas and VGK move on to bigger and more important things, getting Pacioretty

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
i wonder if the Weber absence will cause MB to be more agressive in his interest in Faulk now.

Our blueline without Weber is close to the bottom of the barrel league wide.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
With Weber out, MB should look at Dylan DeMelo. Worth taking a chance on and I'd rather see Juulsen start in the AHL to try and improve his offence.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
i wonder if the Weber absence will cause MB to be more agressive in his interest in Faulk now.

Our blueline without Weber is close to the bottom of the barrel league wide.

And what would that do for us? It won't make us a contender. I say we ride with what we have.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Damn I hope MB stand pat on our RD position, let the kids play and learn...

I hope that it instead push him to trade veterans for picks and prospects, so that all isn't lost in this soon to be forsaken season.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
And what would that do for us? It won't make us a contender. I say we ride with what we have.

It would give us the closest thing to a #1 RHD we could reasonably trade for on the market right now. And would be a great #2 RHD behind Weber when he comes back.

I know we arent contenders,but the team hasnt taken a rebuild approach. We still have Price and Weber. As long as those pieces are on the team, we cant bottom out. Last year was exceptional, im not expecting Price to match his worst career season and even if Weber comes back in december. He will still be here for the majority of the season ,which wasnt the case last year.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
the raw potential vegas is getting is ridiculous high this trade cannot take the chance on adding another potential star player from montreal POV. its crazy how MB managed to have this team destroyed in its core..

pacioretty in hot streak happening lets say if he stays with us for the beginning of the season should rocket his value... wich lets face wouldnt surprise me at all... he just has the skillset in control in general its not like he lost his skill he lost is confidence but that wouldnt be a first either. it was an unusual and very negative season for all members of du ch.

Very little chance has a hot streak with no centres on the team. The opposite is more likely, I'm afraid.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
MB should sign

Kevin Bieksa
Tyler Ennis and
Corry Conacher .....

Then he could say that he tried uplifting the team but he would really help the tank

Great Plan but he is not skilled enough to do that

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Lernout can play bottom six RHD with Benn playing part time there too.

I know we could slot someone there temporarily,but like i mentioned in a post above. MB hasnt commited to a full rebuild. With Price still here, we wont bottom out. So may as well try to improve the team. At least, with the plan to round out the roster when Weber returns.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
It would give us the closest thing to a #1 RHD we could reasonably trade for on the market right now. And would be a great #2 RHD behind Weber when he comes back.

I know we arent contenders,but the team hasnt taken a rebuild approach. We still have Price and Weber. As long as those pieces are on the team, we cant bottom out. Last year was exceptional, im not expecting Price to match his worst career season and even if Weber comes back in december. He will still be here for the majority of the season ,which wasnt the case last year.

Its not worth the assets that we have to give up to get Faulk. We don't even know how much Weber will able to give us when he returns, if he ever does... Bergevin failed, but he will not mention the word "rebuild" because that word alone would be admitting to failure, which he won't do. I can tell you that his plan was not to rebuild this offseason, but when the top FA's would not even give him time to make a pitch, says it all. So plan B becomes rebuild mode by default.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
Those rumblings that Bergevin was sniffing around Dumba make sense now. He would not be cheap however....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille