Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm not going to pretend that I can say for sure, but I feel like they frequently come for the 1st week. Pay their own way, and leave regardless of cuts.

It's not as if missing 1 week of school is going to be make or break for these guys. Especially early in the semester.

I don't think they ever come over outside of the Dartmouth kids. Was Poehling at last years training camp? Evans, Primeau, Koberstein, Hawkey?

here's the last few training camps,

2017, no NCAA guys
Montreal Canadiens announce 2017-18 training camp roster - Sportsnet.ca

2016, no NCAA guys
Montreal Canadiens camp roster

2015, no NCAA guys
http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-2016/Liste des joueurs camp officiel - Training Camp Roster (16-09).pdf

2014, no NCAA guys
http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014-2015/Joueurs - Camp 2014 - Players.pdf

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Just texted my friend. She said we never put an offer on the table for Duclair. He is going to another team.

I really can’t tell if you are being serious....

News broke an hour before your post...

On the bright side, your inside information might land you your own tag on the main board

Reactions: Price4Prez

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Callahan has 2 years left. Not sure with habs aren't interested in getting in on the deal. Take Callahan and the sweetener(s), trade Callahan at next year's deadline for more picks and/or prospects.

Either Molson is suddenly cheap.
Bergevin legitimately has no f***ing idea how anything works
Or players don't want to come here and teams barely want to deal with us..

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Callahan has 2 years left. Not sure with habs aren't interested in getting in on the deal. Take Callahan and the sweetener(s), trade Callahan at next year's deadline for more picks and/or prospects.

Bergevin legitimately has no ****ing idea how anything works

Or maybe MB doesnt wanna help TB load up even more? Maybe a team like the Rangers is willing to take next to nothing or less as a sweetner. Clearly, it has nothing to do with Molson being cheap or MB not being willing. If not, they wouldnt have msde the Armia trade and bought out Mason for millions, hours after the trade.

Stirring the pot for no reason.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

Well one thing stands as blatantly wrong in your assessment, ALL TEAM LOVE TO TRADE WITH US! The biggest suckers in the NHL

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Time for this team to move Price
Yes if you have a buffoon for a GM who has no interest in trying to win a cup....Price will waive is NMC he will not want to be with a rebuild for 3-4 years....the 2 most likely places Price would go to are in the West....Blues and Flames ....both are going all in trying to win.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I really can’t tell if you are being serious....

News broke an hour before your post...

On the bright side, your inside information might land you your own tag on the main board

I said all I can base on what my friend who works for the Canadiens. I believe her. She said we never put an offer for Duclair days before he signed with Columbus. She also said LA was the team at the deadline that asked for Pacioretty days before TSN confirmed this before the draft. Go back to my posts.

Believe whatever you like and don’t kill the messenger.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not a chance Vegas does Suzuki+1st for Patches. I wonder if they would be willing to move one of their LHD prospects though.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Who said the habs werent interested in getting in on the deal? Theres a lot of teams that have the cap space and money to take on cap dumps. Tampa and the sens would much rather give up assets + a cap dump to the rangers than to a division rival like the habs...

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Or maybe MB doesnt wanna help TB load up even more? Maybe a team like the Rangers is willing to take next to nothing or less as a sweetner. Clearly, it has nothing to do with Molson being cheap or MB not being willing. If not, they wouldnt have msde the Armia trade and bought out Mason for millions, hours after the trade.

Stirring the pot for no reason.

That was less than what Callahan, or Ryan will cost.

If the rumoured 2 way deal for Duclair is true, it only serves to save Molson money.

Who said the habs werent interested in getting in on the deal? Theres a lot of teams that have the cap space and money to take on cap dumps. Tampa and the sens would much rather give up assets + a cap dump to the rangers than to a division rival like the habs...

While the one thing Bergevin seems to do well is keep his moves under the radar, so it's possible he might be in on this, that could be true in rather giving assets to the rangers.

However, if you're not confident in the fact that you're getting the best return out of a trade, then why even make the trade ? If you're more worried about a rival getting better, then then the trade makes no sense for you.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not a chance Vegas does Suzuki+1st for Patches. I wonder if they would be willing to move one of their LHD prospects though.

If the rumors of Karlsson to Tampa are true. I think the Knights might be in on Patch. I'm looking for picks. 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, and a B prospect. Then another future conditional pick if he re-signs. Another 2nd. Knights have plenty of 2nd's to use.

Habs don't need any more grade B prospects. We need the 1st and 2nd round picks so we can shoot our darts at guys with upside and may turn into a grade A prospect. Once they reach grade A level, teams just don't give them up to easily. Better we take the picks IMO.

Patch is not trending well so that would be my strategy.

Last edited:

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If front office wasn't so narrow minded, we could have at least 4 first round picks for next draft. Even without using our caproom to add any. Or we can use it to add prospects or late picks, etc. Talk about rebuild in a hurry.

We have our own #1 pick, plus we should get another first for Pacioretty. Likely at the trade deadline though. Byron should bring another at the trade deadline. Once Weber is back, could move Petry for another. Moving these 3 players also increase our odds at Hughes. Or, another top prospect if he is rated higher by next June.

Yes, this season will be rough days. Attendance will dip at Bell. But every team who has been successful in recent years had to go thru it. Pitt, CHic, LA, Toronto, Tampa, etc... We will come back and fans will return at greater numbers than before.

Reactions: blarneylad

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Imagine Bergevin was able to get Sergachev back as the 3rd team in the trade for Karlsson?

Yeah me neither.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I don't think they ever come over outside of the Dartmouth kids. Was Poehling at last years training camp? Evans, Primeau, Koberstein, Hawkey?

here's the last few training camps,

2017, no NCAA guys
Montreal Canadiens announce 2017-18 training camp roster - Sportsnet.ca

2016, no NCAA guys
Montreal Canadiens camp roster

2015, no NCAA guys
http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/2015-2016/Liste des joueurs camp officiel - Training Camp Roster (16-09).pdf

2014, no NCAA guys
http://canadiens.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014-2015/Joueurs - Camp 2014 - Players.pdf

You know what, I think I'm mixing up pro camps with kids invited to QMJHL camps. Guys that were either on the fence about playing in the Q or not likely to make the team. They pay their own way, and leave after the 1st week to maintain their NCAA eligibility.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Our best center is Danault.
Our best defenseman until January is Petry.

We have a dozen nhl capable wingers.

What's been done? Added two wingers.

It's time to trade some excess wingers, especially with the "rebuild" for 2019 picks and hope our two young stud centers pan out in a couple of years and the young DMen develop.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Seems to me that we are waiting for the shoe to fall on karlsson before anything happens.

My ideal scenario; Karlsson goes to TB for two reasons:

A: I need the leafs to fail and having a divisional rival add ek will help

B: Dallas and VGK move on to bigger and more important things, getting Pacioretty
Who cares if leafs do well. The rivalry ended in the sixties and if leafs win a cup it will just be another welcome embarrassment for bergevin.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
If the rumors of Karlsson to Tampa are true. I think the Knights might be in on Patch. I'm looking for picks. 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, and a B prospect. Then another future conditional pick if he re-signs. Another 2nd. Knights have plenty of 2nd's to use.

Habs don't need any more grade B prospects. We need the 1st and 2nd round picks so we can shoot our darts at guys with upside and may turn into a grade A prospect. Once they reach grade A level, teams just don't give them up to easily. Better we take the picks IMO.

Patch is not trending well so that would be my strategy.
I don’t Think any one wants him anymore
Most teams rosters are set now
Earliest he gets dealt IMO is by end of November when teams have assessed their weaknesses
If not then , maybe TDL
I still think Bergevin re-signs him

Omar

Oct 10, 2017

Well simple answer is Callahan may not want to come here?

Reactions: mariolemieux66

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
It would give us the closest thing to a #1 RHD we could reasonably trade for on the market right now. And would be a great #2 RHD behind Weber when he comes back.

I know we arent contenders,but the team hasnt taken a rebuild approach. We still have Price and Weber. As long as those pieces are on the team, we cant bottom out. Last year was exceptional, im not expecting Price to match his worst career season and even if Weber comes back in december. He will still be here for the majority of the season ,which wasnt the case last year.
The elephant in the room. The only motivation for Weber to work his ass off in rehab is the hope he’ll be traded to a contender next year. Otherwise why give a f***.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad