Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Its not worth the assets that we have to give up to get Faulk. We don't even know how much Weber will able to give us when he returns, if he ever does... Bergevin failed, but he will not mention the word "rebuild" because that word alone would be admitting to failure, which he won't do. I can tell you that his plan was not to rebuild this offseason, but when the top FA's would not even give him time to make a pitch, says it all. So plan B becomes rebuild mode by default.

Im sure the plan was to try and get Tavares here. Just like im sure Statsny was a plan B. It's not like that was a secret.

It was all written in the sky,that if Tavares/Statnsy didnt sign here,we would be going into the season with what we have and wait for Kotka and Poehling the following season.

I dont blame MB for not getting JT and Statsmy signed. Players have to want to come here. I also dont blame him for going into the season with what we have. Overpaying for OReilly, is the only thing i personally fault MB for not doing.

It would have changed alot for us.

Anyways, if the Canes demand drops. It could be an option. I was never insinuating we overpay for him.

Reactions: Justin11

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Im sure the plan was to try and get Tavares here. Just like im sure Statsny was a plan B. It's not like that was a secret.

It was all written in the sky,that if Tavares/Statnsy didnt sign here,we would be going into the season with what we have and wait for Kotka and Poehling the following season.

I dont blame MB for not getting JT and Statsmy signed. Players have to want to come here. I also dont blame him for going into the season with what we have. Overpaying for OReilly, is the only thing i personally fault MB for not doing.

It would have changed alot for us.

Anyways, if the Canes demand drops. It could be an option. I was never insinuating we overpay for him.

I'm sure Canes will ask for the moon. We should stay away.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Guys who will likely be traded at the tdl (or before that) because their contract will be over next summer:

Pacioretty - should return a 1st + great prospect

Byron - return a 2nd + B prospect

Plekanec - a 2nd + C prospect

Benn - a 4th round pick

Reilly - a 4th round pick

Ouelett - A 6th or 7th round pick

Niemi (assuming he plays well) - a 4th round pick

If you add this to our current 2019 picks, we will have:

2 first round picks
3 second round picks
1 third round picks
5 fourth round picks
2 fifth round picks
2 sixth round picks
1 seventh round picks

As well as a great prospect (from patches trade) and a few decent prospects.

16 picks, that would be insane lol.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
tonight theres the filling for arbitration, after they will book the meeting to meet and decide on contracts. But some of them will avoid that procedure. So in a few weeks, even tomorrow we might have a better idea which contracts we could acquire to help team who are struggling with the cap space.

Kings Pingouins Hawks Boston

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
RHD who might be available...Voynov you would have to trade for his rights....Dumba with the Wild is an RFA do not know what type of money he is asking....and the Penguins 2 veteran D Letang and Schultz and the Penguins have very little cap space with RFA Oleksiak still to sign.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's not uncommon for players to miss the start of their seasons while attending NHL camps. I believe Poehling can attend the 1st week of camp as long as he pays for it out of his own pocket. I have no doubt Kotkaniemi will be at the majority of camp, even if his team has started.

I agree that it's unlikely that either are on the roster in October.

can you think of any NCAA prospect who school didn't start and was at training camp? The Dartmouth guys don't count because school hadn't started yet. It's just highly unlikely since he has classes to attend and Junior year means he's got a tougher course mix. I would be shocked if he was at training camp.

I hope Kotkaniemi isn't at camp, he needs to be with his team to keep MB from doing something stupid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So who do we take from Tampa for salary and what will they give us to eat it?

Callahan, Coburn??

Stralman and Coburn have a 16 team trade list as part of their limited NTC, so maybe one of them depending on who each has among their 16 teams.

Callahan, he's got a 16 team trade list so that's who it's got to be

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Just texted my friend. She said we never put an offer on the table for Duclair. He is going to another team.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
can you think of any NCAA prospect who school didn't start and was at training camp? The Dartmouth guys don't count because school hadn't started yet. It's just highly unlikely since he has classes to attend and Junior year means he's got a tougher course mix. I would be shocked if he was at training camp.

I hope Kotkaniemi isn't at camp, he needs to be with his team to keep MB from doing something stupid.

I'm not going to pretend that I can say for sure, but I feel like they frequently come for the 1st week. Pay their own way, and leave regardless of cuts.

It's not as if missing 1 week of school is going to be make or break for these guys. Especially early in the semester.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin go make a trade with Ottawa they are cutting payroll get Duchene even if you have to take back Gaborik contract....if you are in a playoff spot highly unlikely you could look at signing Duchene to an extension...if not you move him at the deadline he will bring back a lot of assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->