Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Tell your ‘friend’ that neither Kotkaniemi or Poehling will on the team next year and that even if they were, Duclair is a winger.

Also let her know that her ‘friend’ is not impressing anybody by making up insider information.

tbf to his friend, Poeling and Kotkaniemi will both be wingers in due time as well. :(

Reactions: Laurentide

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I hear what youre saying but there zero chance they would trade Cody glass for Pacioretty
That’s wishful thinking. I’m not sure they give up Suszuki either

Again, it depends what they want to do. I wouldn't do it 'cause Pacioretty isn't my favorite...but maybe, somewhere, some think differently. And see that if Pacioretty can score 35 with the centermen we have, he could score 40-45 elsewhere. And they might not be actually wrong. If so..how the heck is a 40-goal scorer in today's NHL not worth a lot?

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Also she said they want to give the kids ie Kotkaniemi and Poehling an opportunity to make the team and any interest in Duclair it will be closer to September.

It's doubtful Poehling will even be at camp since school will have started by then, and he's already said he's going back to SCSU so that seems highly unlikely that they expect him to make the team.

Reactions: 417 and jaffy27

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
It's doubtful Poehling will even be at camp since school will have started by then, and he's already said he's going back to SCSU so that seems highly unlikely that they expect him to make the team.

I found that statement odd as well when I read it. What about Kotkaniemi I know it wouldn't be the best idea to bring him in this year, but isn't he more likely to play another in Finalnd?

Reactions: DAChampion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I found that statement odd as well when I read it. What about Kotkaniemi I know it wouldn't be the best idea to bring him in this year, but isn't he more likely to play another in Finalnd?

he should be, since he's under contract I don't know what they will do. I thought I read a poster say MB said he's going to be at camp but that didn't sound right since his season will have started in liiga by then so it had me worried that they would do something stupid since it's MB.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Pacioretty
Scherbak

For

1st rounder
Tuch
Clague

the raw potential vegas is getting is ridiculous high this trade cannot take the chance on adding another potential star player from montreal POV. its crazy how MB managed to have this team destroyed in its core..

pacioretty in hot streak happening lets say if he stays with us for the beginning of the season should rocket his value... wich lets face wouldnt surprise me at all... he just has the skillset in control in general its not like he lost his skill he lost is confidence but that wouldnt be a first either. it was an unusual and very negative season for all members of du ch.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
he should be, since he's under contract I don't know what they will do. I thought I read a poster say MB said he's going to be at camp but that didn't sound right since his season will have started in liiga by then so it had me worried that they would do something stupid since it's MB.
Perhaps it was a mis-speak, but Bergevin definitely said during his July 1st presser that Kotkaniemi was going to come to camp and compete. Seems very optimistic to me and it was quite clear at development camp that Poehling is much further along not only from a hockey standpoint but just from a physical maturity standpoint- though obviously Poehling is commited to St Cloud for the year...

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
I texted my friend she said no offers for Duclair. She said management want to se what they have in the system. Also she said they want to give the kids ie Kotkaniemi and Poehling an opportunity to make the team and any interest in Duclair it will be closer to September.

Not sure where your "friend" got her info, but it's flawed. There has clearly been interest and an offer for Duclair, but likely on Bergevin's "take it or leave it" kind of terms. Both parties openly admitted their discussions and mutual interest; whether Duclair takes it, or Bergevin modifies it to close the deal is another story.

It's no secret that Duclair would be interested to be a Habs with his friends Drouin and now Domi on the team, but he's trying to get more than what was offered. I wouldn't bet against Duclair signing with Montreal. If it does happen, my feeling is that it'll be soon and not in September.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Not sure where your "friend" got her info, but it's flawed. There has clearly been interest and an offer for Duclair, but likely on Bergevin's "take it or leave it" kind of terms. Both parties openly admitted their discussions and mutual interest; whether Duclair takes it, or Bergevin modifies it to close the deal is another story.

It's no secret that Duclair would be interested to be a Habs with his friends Drouin and now Domi on the team, but he's trying to get more than what was offered. I wouldn't bet against Duclair signing with Montreal. If it does happen, my feeling is that it'll be soon and not in September.
I'd be all for bringing in Duclair if we didn't already have a million left wingers...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Would Panthers consider:

Pacioretty (extended at 7x7.25)
Petry
Hudon

For

Borgstrom
Roster player/Cap dump.

They already have Barkov/Trocheck , adding Pacioretty/Hudon and a top4 D in Petry might convince them to sacrifice their young C...Probably not though.

Maybe as early as 2019-2020 we could see this roster (I am dreaming , I realize this):

Drouin - Borgstrom - Gallagher
Domi - Poehling - Scherbak
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Danault - Shaw

Last edited:

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Would Panthers consider:

Petry
Hudon

For

Borgstrom
Roster player/Cap dump.

They already have Barkov/Trocheck , adding Pacioretty and a top4 D in Petry might convince them to sacrifice their young C...Probably not though.

I feel we would be overpaying for a player that hasn't proven anything. You would give our best forward and our second best defenseman and a young player who scored 30 points with limited ice time for a dominant NCAA player that has yet to prove something in this league and a cap dump.

You would probably get a way better return in total if you traded all those players separately.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

It's not uncommon for players to miss the start of their seasons while attending NHL camps. I believe Poehling can attend the 1st week of camp as long as he pays for it out of his own pocket. I have no doubt Kotkaniemi will be at the majority of camp, even if his team has started.

I agree that it's unlikely that either are on the roster in October.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I feel we would be overpaying for a player that hasn't proven anything. You would give our best forward and our second best defenseman and a young player who scored 30 points with limited ice time for a dominant NCAA player that has yet to prove something in this league and a cap dump.

You would probably get a way better return in total if you traded all those players separately.

Agreed, I would think given the premium on Right Shooting Defenders and his extra 2 seasons of term, that Petry and Pacioretty hold similar value. If Juulsen continues his strong development, I would look to see what kind of value we could get out of Petry towards the deadline this season.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's not uncommon for players to miss the start of their seasons while attending NHL camps. I believe Poehling can attend the 1st week of camp as long as he pays for it out of his own pocket. I have no doubt Kotkaniemi will be at the majority of camp, even if his team has started.

I agree that it's unlikely that either are on the roster in October.

Poehling already committed to St. Clouds for next year. He’s not playing for Habs.

crazyd74

Jun 24, 2018
Again, it depends what they want to do. I wouldn't do it 'cause Pacioretty isn't my favorite...but maybe, somewhere, some think differently. And see that if Pacioretty can score 35 with the centermen we have, he could score 40-45 elsewhere. And they might not be actually wrong. If so..how the heck is a 40-goal scorer in today's NHL not worth a lot?

Phil Kessel says Hi - if rumors of him being on the move are true.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
You folks hearing anything about Brassard?

None of us are interested in losing C depth as we spent the first 7 months of the season last year figuring out our third and fourth lines... but a couple of Pens beat guys as well as P.McGuire (who actually has insider knowledge on the Pens quite often) have reported that the Pens may have interest in dealing him - and a common team that keeps popping up is the Habs (as well as the Blues, CAR, &Sens)...so?

I guess I'm curious if you guys are retooling or rebuilding[?] - and if retooling what are you looking to deal for a 2C? There's been quite a bit of speculation about Patches to the Pens over the past year- though it seems odd to trade one rental for another...especially when both positions are in need on the team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Phil Kessel says Hi - if rumors of him being on the move are true.

So he's actually NOT saying Hi as we don't know if the rumors are true. Besides, even if they are, we still don't know what he's worth today.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I think it is quiet, because nothing is going on, MB is in neutral right now,

so to me now it is , save the maxy time, how to save face in the press , to start maxy at wing in MTL in fall

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Would Panthers consider:

Petry
Hudon

For

Borgstrom
Roster player/Cap dump.

They already have Barkov/Trocheck , adding Pacioretty/Hudon and a top4 D in Petry might convince them to sacrifice their young C...Probably not though.

Maybe as early as 2019-2020 we could see this roster (I am dreaming , I realize this):

Drouin - Borgstrom - Gallagher
Domi - Poehling - Scherbak
Lekhonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Like the basis but i would want Matheson as part of the deal if you are giving up Petry.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
It's about time Mcphee is due for another Erat for Forsberg trade. He's shown in the past he will give up top prospects if he feels his team is close. Can we for one time ever be on the Forsberg side of the trade.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad