We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Carey Price to Vancouver for Demko and Gaudette

Patio-Ready for the Nuge OR
Patio-Ready for a 1st round pick in 2019

Byron for a 2nd and mid tier prospect

Weber for Barrie and a 1st or 1st round picks in 2019, 2020

WELCOME TO MY REBUILD

Vancouver is rebuilding, they would never want Price.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Depends on circumstances. At some point, teams need to improve their scoring and have hopes it will improve heading into the season.. only to realize that it gets worse or an injury happens.

Patch should return a solid package. We just need to be patient. Lots of GM’s still exploring options with their roster too.

I support a high asking price. We are giving up a serious NHL goal scoring proven asset who is not over the hill, has a great cap hit for one year, and does a lot of things well other than scoring goals

I’m willing to go all the way to the 2019 trade deadline if that’s what it takes. Under no circumstance, I trade him for a low return. We would get a 1st and other adds as a rental so for a full season, it’s a higher price to acquire

I wouldn't necassarily mind trading him at the deadline,to maybe getting the key asset we may be asking for. The big issue i have,is having captain heartless back on the team again, sporting the C and taking his sulking to new levels. I'd much prefer playing our young guys, with positive vibes. I also would prefer to see what guys like Sherbak, Hudon, Domi, Armia can do with more ice time.

Montreality

Jul 11, 2012
Montreal
upload_2018-7-4_1-8-0.png

I know....

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Hasnt Bean been on the downside of his potential curve since last year?

Never know with high pick Def.

They have Slavin CDH Fleury Bean on left

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn't necassarily mind trading him at the deadline,to maybe getting the key asset we may be asking for. The big issue i have,is having captain heartless back on the team again, sporting the C and taking his sulking to new levels. I'd much prefer playing our young guys, with positive vibes. I also would prefer to see what guys like Sherbak, Hudon, Domi, Armia can do with more ice time.

I agree we should move him before the season starts but only if the return is right for our team moving forward. Otherwise, we let him walk into the contract year and we trade him at the next deadline. I don't support moving him now just to get rid of him.

Another option is to try to get two 1st round picks and no current prospect.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I agree we should move him before the season starts but only if the return is right for our team moving forward. Otherwise, we let him walk into the contract year and we trade him at the next deadline. I don't support moving him now just to get rid of him.

Another option is to try to get two 1st round picks and no current prospect.

Getting two firsts would be fantastic but unrealistic in todays game. I just cant see a team give up their first, for 2 years from now. There is just so much uncertainty and parity. I mean, imagine a team like Florida gives up their two firsts and 2 weeks into the season, Barkov and Ekblad get season ending injuries. If Dallas were the lose Seguin and Klingberg to injury. Those firsts would end up being high.

Definitely agree that we should hold out for the best return possible. The basis of what i was saying was, maybe we wont ever be offered a Heiskanen or Borgstrom level prospect along with a 1st pick so maybe we could look at an O. Tippet or R.Hintz level prospect instead.

I dont want to sell low but i definitely dont want to end up having Patches walk for nothing either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getting two firsts would be fantastic but unrealistic in todays game. I just cant see a team give up their first, for 2 years from now. There is just so much uncertainty and parity. I mean, imagine a team like Florida gives up their two firsts and 2 weeks into the season, Barkov and Ekblad get season ending injuries. If Dallas were the lose Seguin and Klingberg to injury. Those firsts would end up being high.

Definitely agree that we should hold out for the best return possible. The basis of what i was saying was, maybe we wont ever be offered a Heiskanen or Borgstrom level prospect along with a 1st pick so maybe we could look at an O. Tippet or R.Hintz level prospect instead.

I dont want to sell low but i definitely dont want to end up having Patches walk for nothing either.

I don't have a problem with the picks being lottery protected for the 1st year (like the Sens/Avs trade for Duchene). If a team does not want to give us a 1st and solid grade A prospect, then ask for another 1st (plan B). If the additional 1st is a non starter. Then start to focus on multiple 2nd's on top of the 1st. We don't need any more grade B prospects. We have a shit load of them now

Regardless, I would insist on a conditional pick if he re-signs. The team that acquires Patch likely is a deep roster with skill and Patch will produce as a #3 or #4 forward.

Lots of options you can explore in a return for trading Patch. I just think Bergevin might be asking for a bit too much. I respect a high starting asking price but I would love to know what the best offer is for Patch up to this point.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Habs should look at Mark Jankowski. With Calgary filling up their forward lineup, a guy that scored 17 goals is seen as playing on a 4th line.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing recently. Both he and Bennett could be undervalued right now. Bennett has a pretty similar profile as Artturi Lehkonen. They are a shooting percentage bump away from putting up a big number. Jankowski shot well, but not unsustainably well. If you look at centers who are able to do what Mark does over a large sample size you get some very interesting names.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Why do you think Pacio has a better value than Skinner?

Doesn’t have his injury history, he’s a proven 30+ goal scorer (top 3 past 5 years), is an all around player who plays in all situations including PK and is the captain of a team.

Why you’d think Skinner is better than Patches is the real question?

Reactions: domiwroze and 417

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver is rebuilding, they would never want Price.
If Price ever does get traded the best fit is probably the Blues they are in win now mode after trading 2 first round picks for Schenn and now getting ROR if Jake Allan continues to be very average they could be looking for a #1 goalie.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Why do you think Pacio has a better value than Skinner?

Doesn’t have his injury history, he’s a proven 30+ goal scorer (top 3 past 5 years), is an all around player who plays in all situations including PK and is the captain of a team.

Why you’d think Skinner is better than Patches is the real question?

Because a good season for Skinner is a bad one for Pac

Skinner just had a 24 goals season and 37 goals the year before.

He's also 3-4 years younger.

It is the «what have you done for me lately» factor. Pacio is coming off his worst season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad