Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Pittsburg or Anaheim might have some interest in a guy like Domi, or even Drouin or Tatar. A LHD man could also be a Habs target... Brodin ? Fowler ? Lindholm ? Ekholm ?

Not much to grab on the UFA market. Hoffman ?
If I had to chose between trading Domi for a big skilled winger or a LD, I'd go for the winger. It might sound crazy but I just feel like Romanov will be good for the Habs and Kulak again showed he can play in a top 6 during these playoffs. The Dcorp wouldn't be perfect, but I feel the wing situation is in worst shape right now.

Reactions: Runner77

Jul 6, 2016
If I had to chose between trading Domi for a big skilled winger or a LD, I'd go for the winger. It might sound crazy but I just feel like Romanov will be good for the Habs and Kulak again showed he can play in a top 6 during these playoffs. The Dcorp wouldn't be perfect, but I feel the wing situation is in worst shape right now.

Right. The wing situation is pitiful. And if Juulsen can re-gain his shape, the d-corp will be fine down the road with the other guys we have right now (- Ouellet, of course)

Reactions: FLHabs

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
People are obsess with LHD. Wing and RHD is a much bigger problem going foward.

Jul 6, 2016

RHD is not an urgent topic. Weber, Petry are still around for a while. Juulsen, Fleury, Brook are coming up... And Romanov plays as well and more often on the right side than the left side like many Russian d-men. Norlinder, Harris, Struble will come one day to play on the left side.

smarties 1

Mar 4, 2014
It’s a 24th placed team for a reason..
Theirs a lot to address and for me it won't get it done before Price and Weber age out and Gallagher breaks down.

So before you trade anyone, you need a plan, for me you have 3 windows with the Habs:

Weber-Price-Petry

Tatar-Drouin-Danault-Domi-Armia

or KK-Suzuki-Romanov-Primeau-Lekonen window.

So you want to invest in which windows...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
RHD is not an urgent topic. Weber, Petry are still around for a while. Juulsen, Fleury, Brook are coming up... And Romanov plays as well and more often on the right side than the left side like many Russian d-men. Norlinder, Harris, Struble will come one day to play on the left side.

a high offensive ceilling young RHD in the farm wouldn't be a luxe. Brook is the only one, i still believe in him but he needs competition.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Right. The wing situation is pitiful. And if Juulsen can re-gain his shape, the d-corp will be fine down the road with the other guys we have right now (- Ouellet, of course)
I'm also one of the few that still has hope for Juulsen really hope he can get his development back on track

I think the obsession with a LD is because Bergevin still haven't found anyone to replace Markov on the back end. Habs need a young puck moving Dman, because after Petry goes, that's going to become a real big issue, RD or LD I'm not picky lol

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
It’s a 24th placed team for a reason..
Theirs a lot to address and for me it won't get it done before Price and Weber age out and Gallagher breaks down.

So before you trade anyone, you need a plan, for me you have 3 windows with the Habs:

Weber-Price-Petry

Tatar-Drouin-Danault-Domi-Armia

or KK-Suzuki-Romanov-Primeau-Lekonen window.

So you want to invest in which windows...
That's a pretty easy answer hehe, definitely future. I think going after Hall would be a now move, and going after guys like Poulin, Tuch, etc would be more future move although Tuch would help now. I'd put Danault with the future as that veteran center presence if he doesn't ask for too much. As for Tatar-Drouin-Domi-Armia, they're all filler pieces imo

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I'm also one of the few that still has hope for Juulsen really hope he can get his development back on track

I think the obsession with a LD is because Bergevin still haven't found anyone to replace Markov on the back end. Habs need a young puck moving Dman, because after Petry goes, that's going to become a real big issue, RD or LD I'm not picky lol

Thing is bergevin spent almost 2 draft going for boom or bust LHD, Norlinder, Struble, Harris are very nice picks and to think one of them becomes a good top4 isn't far fetch, i have high regards in Struble and Norlinder and we haven't even talked about Romanov who's a 100% very effective bottom pairing NHLer at the very least.

Alot of people can't see that because the product isn't in front of them yet, they will soon find out.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
That's a pretty easy answer hehe, definitely future. I think going after Hall would be a now move, and going after guys like Poulin, Tuch, etc would be more future move although Tuch would help now. I'd put Danault with the future as that veteran center presence if he doesn't ask for too much. As for Tatar-Drouin-Domi-Armia, they're all filler pieces imo
What do you think Tuch would cost?

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Indeed because running Kulak and Chariot in a top 4 clearly works.
Also asking Romanov a guy that is not known to be an offensive d-man to fix all our problems.
We def don't need have any problem on the left.

But we do need lookout for the right side and wingers also.
Almost everywhere.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Too many Hab wingers have a similar profile. Now that the top 6C looks like in it's in good hands, they should go all out and land talented, dynamic wingers with size. Of course, not easy to do and you also have to be willing to overpay but the Habs have no choice. Otherwise, it's back to the same failed recipe.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Indeed because running Kulak and Chariot in a top 4 clearly works.
Also asking Romanov a guy that is not known to be an offensive d-man to fix all our problems.
We def don't need have any problem on the left.

But we do need lookout for the right side and wingers also.
Almost everywhere.

Not sure how to take this post? lol

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
How can you saying that? The GM is not dumb. He will look about his +\- He is all the time in minus. He will look at his progression. No improvement since 3/4 years in term of points. Drouin at 25, his growth come at the end. You will be able to trade him against a guy in the same range, because yeah. He has a kind of value, top 6 forward. Nothing else..
So you agree. He has value

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Thing is bergevin spent almost 2 draft going for boom or bust LHD, Norlinder, Struble, Harris are very nice picks and to think one of them becomes a good top4 isn't far fetch, i have high regards in Struble and Norlinder and we haven't even talked about Romanov who's a 100% very effective bottom pairing NHLer at the very least.

Alot of people can't see that because the product isn't in front of them yet, they will soon find out.
I agree 100% with this, I really do think Habs have a pretty good prospect pool in terms of LD (I do think Norlinder will end up playing RD though), and with Bouchard in Laval, I have no doubt he'll get the most out of them.

What do you think Tuch would cost?
I'm not sure tbh, he had a tough season, but he's beasting in the playoffs right now imo. If Bergevin could arrange a trade around Domi and some sweetner that would be great. I'm not sure what are the needs of Vegas though

Reactions: HOPE

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Still think that LHD is a big problem. We have nobody to rush the puck with. The only d-man that can push the puck and make plays is Petry.

I mean in this Playoffs the defense was sure not a problem... a better partner for Mete would have helped alot. Romanov could be an upgrade, if he's not ready i don't mind going into 20-21 with that D with one of Juulsen/Fleury instead of Ouellet and wait for one of our kid.

Trading for a LHD will just create an other hole where we are short of guys in the farm.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Too many Hab wingers have a similar profile. Now that the top 6C looks like in it's in good hands, they should go all out and land talented, dynamic wingers with size. Of course, not easy to do and you also have to be willing to overpay but the Habs have no choice. Otherwise, it's back to the same failed recipe.
I know we hear this so often but I really do think that this team only need a couple tweaks on the wings and patience for the young guys to develop before they become a real competitive team.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If this playoffs hasn’t proven how badly we need Hall, I don’t know what will. Adding him this year and Caufield next, will make a huge improvement. Definitely need elite skill up front and a game breaker or two injected into this team. Ultimately, if we keep Gallagher he’d be best suited to a 2nd or 3rd line roll as he’s putting on a lot of miles and wearing down. Tatar should be traded before being signed as should Domi and Drouin. We need a complete overhaul of the offence built around Suzuki, KK Caufield, and Hall if we can sign him.

I know this sounds alarmists but I’m fed up with out pop gun offence holding back this team.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I know we hear this so often but I really do think that this team only need a couple tweaks on the wings and patience for the young guys to develop before they become a real competitive team.

I don't think I've ever heard the size issue come up as often as now. Seems like there is a lot of support to have it addressed right now. And we're not talking about King and Ott types obviously.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I don't think I've ever heard the size issue come up as often as now. Seems like there is a lot of support to have it addressed right now. And we're not talking about King and Ott types obviously.
I meant more that we often hear "Just a few tweaks here and there and the team will be ready to compete", but I really think it's true this time. Never thought I'd actually believe in Bergevin's plan lol, let's hope he knows what he needs to do

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I mean in this Playoffs the defense was sure not a problem... a better partner for Mete would have helped alot. Romanov could be an upgrade, if he's not ready i don't mind going into 20-21 with that D with one of Juulsen/Fleury instead of Ouellet and wait for one of our kid.

Trading for a LHD will just create an other hole where we are short of guys in the farm.
I don't agree that defense is not a problem right now. Pittsburgh had multiple great occasions missed almost all of them and Price did magic against them . Also Philadelphia has been playing like the Rangers in 2017 and you can tell it's Vigneault. Philadelphia don't need to push the pace of the game because habs are just not doing anything. I watched all roundup games in the east and Philadelphia was playing much different against Boston/Washington/Tampa. Our team is so easy to play against in terms of shutting them down , teams barely need to force to make plays.

For ur reply , I feel like Mete's place right now is in the AHL. He needs AHL icetime. He's small , he's bad around the net. Habs sold us that Mete was a good offensive d-man. He's not. Id rather have a physical d-man who's good defensively on the third pair.
Of Course Romanov will probably be an upgrade from Kulak/Mete and probably Chariot in maybe 2 years. But for now Romanov is still a newbie in the NHL.
Also i would be down to run maybe d squad with Juulsen and Fleury.

But yeah our right side could also be a disaster in a year. Habs have so many things to patches.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I meant more that we often hear "Just a few tweaks here and there and the team will be ready to compete", but I really think it's true this time. Never thought I'd actually believe in Bergevin's plan lol, let's hope he knows what he needs to do

I don't know who is proposing just a few tweaks. If I base it on most posts I've seen in here, a few tweaks are not going to cut it.

I think Bergevin has overworn his welcome, it's time to move on.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I don't know who is proposing just a few tweaks. If I base it on most posts I've seen in here, a few tweaks are not going to cut it.

I think Bergevin has overworn his welcome, it's time to move on.
idk about that, he definitely failed his first attempt but maybe just maybe he learned from his mistakes. I would definitely understand if he get's fired, but his "build from the draft" ideology seems to be on track in this second attempt. The D future look promsing, the center line looks even more promising. If he can find some winger he might he able to build a real competitive team in a couple years. But yea I do understand that fans are fed up with him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad