Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Whats happening right now is exactly why i stood my ground saying we needed that 9 or very luckily 1. But nop, people were exiting about a little 3 of 5 play ins win over a top 10 pick. Cause you know anything can happen, am i doing it right?

Now we just pray a player falls like last years or we get a guy who develops like a beast at 16, god knows we need that pick to pan out.
Oh and that #9 pick would sure turn the franchise around. :sarcasm:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Whats happening right now is exactly why i stood my ground saying we needed that 9 or very luckily 1. But nop, people were exiting about a little 3 of 5 play ins win over a top 10 pick. Cause you know anything can happen, am i doing it right?

Now we just pray a player falls like last years or we get a guy who develops like a beast at 16, god knows we need that pick to pan out.

How do you like Domi....drafted13th overall
How do you like Drouin....drafted 3rd overall
How do you like Galchenyuk.....drafted 3rd overall....heard he's available again

Draft pick won't save this franchise, that's a freaking illusion. Maybe a 1st overall....but that didn't save Buffalo, Florida or Edmonton either. So we need a lot more than just picks and prospect to build a team, even in Toronto it's not working.

No we don't need that pick to pan out if we're smart enough to use it in a trade for an actual NHL player, skip the 2 years waiting game for that pick to be ready...then skip another 2-3 years cause "he's young, he'll maybe turn into a star" and then 5 years has passed and we end up with a Nathan Beaulieu or Jonathan Drouin.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
??

Lekhonen has had an excellent 8-games overall - Lekhonen & Danault are the foundation of an elite 3rd line. Byron needs to be dealt
Lehkonen is a keeper as a bottom 6 forward IMO. Tatar is also good enough if we can get a real top line (which means Tatar would play on the second line).

I agree that Domi and Drouin need to go, for different reasons.
Perhaps you both are right. I just can't stand seeing Lekhonen miss empty nets and waste chances but him and Danault are good 3rd liners if utilized as such. Tatar not a chance though. He has to be gone this offseason and you have sell high on him. He's not part of this team long term.

Reactions: Hins77

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder what we could get for Kulak with his recent play. Expansion draft is coming up and I'd rather play Mete/Romanov in the top 4 instead of him.

Reactions: FLHabs

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Drouin to NJD for VAN 1st (probably the latest) and Nolan Foote, you think NJD say Yes or they say Noooppppeee ?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Honestly, I believe we are one piece away from a solid D corps

if we can somehow get a Lindholm type D for Domi, we’d have a D of

Romanov-Weber
Lindholm-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

i actually really like this

Keep Gallagher, Suzuki, KK, Danault, Poehling, Armia at fwd

deal Tatar, Drouin, Lehkonen and Domi for upgrades and size on the wings.

I’m on the fence with Byron, if we keep him I’m ok, if we deal him I’m ok

with Caulfield and possibly Ylonen making it soon, the forward group could start to take shape.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Honestly, I believe we are one piece away from a solid D corps

if we can somehow get a Lindholm type D for Domi, we’d have a D of

Romanov-Weber
Lindholm-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

i actually really like this

Keep Gallagher, Suzuki, KK, Danault, Poehling, Armia at fwd

deal Tatar, Drouin, Lehkonen and Domi for upgrades and size on the wings.

I’m on the fence with Byron, if we keep him I’m ok, if we deal him I’m ok

with Caulfield and possibly Ylonen making it soon, the forward group could start to take shape.

The defense would be flawed. It's a typical Julien defense that lacks pmd and playmaking skills.

And Weber will be out in not too long and then we'll still be missing a strong overall D.

We're much more than one D away, even if Romanov does pretty great.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The defense would be flawed. It's a typical Julien defense that lacks pmd and playmaking skills.

And Weber will be out in not too long and then we'll still be missing a strong overall D.

We're much more than one D away, even if Romanov does pretty great.

He doesn't get to make the roster though. It's MB that decided to sign Schlemko and Kulak and Ouellet, Julien is stuck with sub-par players and does what he can.

I'm not a Julien fan at all, but 90% of this team's issues aren't his fault.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Best move I can see is for the Habs to retain down to $8M on Price on a trade so it's a very attractive contract and we trade down to get Askarov. Imagine this...

- Price
for
- Askarov, Newhook, Byram, 2021 1st, Grubauer

Don't think it happens but it would be ideal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder what we could get for Kulak with his recent play. Expansion draft is coming up and I'd rather play Mete/Romanov in the top 4 instead of him.

I posted this on the main boards about Tarasenko talk... You know what one reply said? They rather Kulak over Mete. I did think that was interesting. I think our phone will ring a lot and Kulak might be a good piece as a add on in a major trade.

- Tarasenko
- Dunn
- Allen
for
- Gallagher (with extension)
- 2020 1st (16th OA)
- Mete

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Best move I can see is for the Habs to retain down to $8M on Price on a trade so it's a very attractive contract and we trade down to get Askarov. Imagine this...

- Price
for
- Askarov, Newhook, Byram, 2021 1st, Grubauer

Don't think it happens but it would be ideal

Come on now, no goaltender is half that valuable.

We would be lucky to get Askarov, Byram, Grubauer for Price. Newhook and another 1st on top of that is not even on the table.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No one thought anyone would want Galchenyuk yet he got us Domi and Arizona, Kessel.

Remember, there’s always a GM who wants a reclamation project and dump a higher salary player.

- Would you do Puljujarvi for Drouin if they ask you to take Russell?
0r
- Would you do Neal and Puljujarvi for Drouin?
or
- Would you do Neal, Russell, Puljujarvi, 2020 1st for Drouin?

Got to look for players who were top 10 picks but are disappointing like Drouin. Puljujarvi, Jost, Virtanen, Ristolainen etc.

Drouin for Ristolainen is interesting.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
- Would you do Puljujarvi for Drouin if they ask you to take Russell?
0r
- Would you do Neal and Puljujarvi for Drouin?
or
- Would you do Neal, Russell, Puljujarvi, 2020 1st for Drouin?

Got to look for players who were top 10 picks but are disappointing like Drouin. Puljujarvi, Jost, Virtanen, Ristolainen etc.

Drouin for Ristolainen is interesting.
I think I would do any of those trades lol, Drouin has to go

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Trade Domi for a top 4 LHD
Trade Drouin for futures
Acquire Anderson for futures
Sign Hall

Hall - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson

this is the type of thing they have to do. It comes down to price of the 2 forwards.
Is hall asking for 9?
What futures are they asking for for Anderson?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Oh and that #9 pick would sure turn the franchise around. :sarcasm:

"Whats the difference between my Nikita Sherbak and your David Pastrnak?

-About 400 pts and a draft rank, now :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:a beat it!!

Props if you get the Jay-Z reference.

Its been since 1994 and people are still OK with mid round draft picks...
If you rebuild you rebuild. And thats that on that.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Trade Domi for a top 4 LHD
Trade Drouin for futures
Acquire Anderson for futures
Sign Hall

Hall - Suzuki - Gallagher
Tatar - Kotkaniemi - Anderson

I think Gallagher should probably be, at minimum, shopped. If we could get Poulin and Pittsburgh's 1st for Gallagher with an extension do we do it? If there is a guy on our roster who is going to return an elite, Suzuki like, future, it's Gallagher.

I don't feel like Drouin is going to return that future value we need. But would Colorado bite in a deal around Ryan Graves? Not sexy, but he could be a competant partner for Petry while we gauge Romonov's readiness.

I think there is a deal around Domi for Anderson although I think Columbus is giving a bit more given the serious ??? around Anderson and his contract situation is tough given he's a year away from UFA.

It'll be hard to sell Hall on Montreal, but we will certainly have the $$$ to throw at him.

Hall - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Suzuki - Kovalchuk
Byron - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen

Poulin would be close to ready, Caufield could only be a year away. Sell Tatar and Armia at this years deadline if we aren't in it, and hopefully be competitive for the 2021/22 season.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I think Gallagher should probably be, at minimum, shopped. If we could get Poulin and Pittsburgh's 1st for Gallagher with an extension do we do it? If there is a guy on our roster who is going to return an elite, Suzuki like, future, it's Gallagher.

I don't feel like Drouin is going to return that future value we need. But would Colorado bite in a deal around Ryan Graves? Not sexy, but he could be a competant partner for Petry while we gauge Romonov's readiness.

I think there is a deal around Domi for Anderson although I think Columbus is giving a bit more given the serious ??? around Anderson and his contract situation is tough given he's a year away from UFA.

It'll be hard to sell Hall on Montreal, but we will certainly have the $$$ to throw at him.

Hall - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Tatar - Suzuki - Kovalchuk
Byron - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen

Poulin would be close to ready, Caufield could only be a year away. Sell Tatar and Armia at this years deadline if we aren't in it, and hopefully be competitive for the 2021/22 season.
If Kovalchuk is in our top 6 we're in trouble, he has NOT looked good in Washington

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
If Kovalchuk is in our top 6 we're in trouble, he has NOT looked good in Washington

I wouldn't expect us to be overly competitive next season anyways. Kovy can placehold while we wait for Caufiled or Ylonen or a future UFA to push for the spot. I'd rather have a Veteran like Kovy keeping a seat warm, while giving advice to Suzuki, than rush a young player.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin to NJD for VAN 1st (probably the latest) and Nolan Foote, you think NJD say Yes or they say Noooppppeee ?

Depends on what their owner/management wants to do... Do they want to be better now or are they OK with waiting for the futures to crack the line-up. They did make some moves this past off season where many thought the Devils would move up the standings and they didn't. They also averaged only 13k of attendance or something like that.

How patient are they? :dunno:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I wouldn't expect us to be overly competitive next season anyways. Kovy can placehold while we wait for Caufiled or Ylonen or a future UFA to push for the spot. I'd rather have a Veteran like Kovy keeping a seat warm, while giving advice to Suzuki, than rush a young player.
So true

Reactions: FedorTyutin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: