Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don't know who is proposing just a few tweaks. If I base it on most posts I've seen in here, a few tweaks are not going to cut it.

I think Bergevin has overworn his welcome, it's time to move on.

Agreed. A few tweaks won’t cut it. Good thing is with the amount of vets coming up as UFA’s it should force this franchise to pick a direction. Hopefully this last few weeks has showed the Habs some players cannot help them win and will trade them and get younger.

Build around KK, Suzuki, Romanov.

My hope is they go into the 2022 draft (one that is supposed to be a lot stronger than 2021) with multiple 1st round picks.

Reactions: Runner77

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
If this playoffs hasn’t proven how badly we need Hall, I don’t know what will. Adding him this year and Caufield next, will make a huge improvement. Definitely need elite skill up front and a game breaker or two injected into this team. Ultimately, if we keep Gallagher he’d be best suited to a 2nd or 3rd line roll as he’s putting on a lot of miles and wearing down. Tatar should be traded before being signed as should Domi and Drouin. We need a complete overhaul of the offence built around Suzuki, KK Caufield, and Hall if we can sign him.

I know this sounds alarmists but I’m fed up with out pop gun offence holding back this team.
100% agree. The Habs need new forwards and a complete new offensive strategy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
idk about that, he definitely failed his first attempt but maybe just maybe he learned from his mistakes. I would definitely understand if he get's fired, but his "build from the draft" ideology seems to be on track in this second attempt. The D future look promsing, the center line looks even more promising. If he can find some winger he might he able to build a real competitive team in a couple years. But yea I do understand that fans are fed up with him lol

We'll agree to disagree.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
The Habs need to prioritize KK, Suz and Caufield moving forward. They also need to go hard after Hall this off-season. I think we're more attractive to UFAs now that we have elite young talent down the middle. With the flat cap taking other teams out of the mix, I think we have an actual shot.

Trading Gallagher is different then Pacioretty in 2017. Gallagher is a spark plug for this team and he's been in a slump. He's giving it his all unlike others on the team. I think we should hold on to him if we could sign him under 6M.

Domi is a beast when he's on. He's at his best when playing with another sandpaper-type forward (Shaw in 2018-19). I would like to acquire Josh Anderson to slot across from him. Josh Anderson is not only a big forward that can score but he's gritty and has chemistry with Domi from their junior days in London.

Overpaying complementary wingers is not the way to build a competitive team. Drouin and Tatar don't bring any thing in crunch time. They can hit the door.

I'd keep Danault to be an elite third line centre and run the PK. I wouldn't pay him over 5M though. Lehkonen is a pain to watch on breakaways but he's a workhorse defensively. Someone here said it the other day, him and Danault can be the foundation of a fantastic third line. Eventually Gally could slide down the lineup and join this duo. They'd be tough to play against.

A new coach with a more offensive mindset would be great for KK and Suzuki's development as well. It would also ease in Caufield's arrival.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
If Tatar or Gallagher are our best or even second best wingers next year, it's going to be much of the same.

There's nobody coming up next year that's going to change that. It's signing and trading time.

Reactions: angusyoung

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
The defense would be flawed. It's a typical Julien defense that lacks pmd and playmaking skills.

And Weber will be out in not too long and then we'll still be missing a strong overall D.

We're much more than one D away, even if Romanov does pretty great.
I agree. I cannot wait to see what we have in Norlinder at the NHL level. Maybe Romanov will surprise me as well, but my money's on the former becoming our PPQB. Both players shaping up as steals of their respective drafts. Looking forward to more of these subversive Habs Euro combines :naughty:.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think that we might have won that trade, much to my surprise. I honestly thought he had more left in the tank.

Hopefully, MB has been taking notes. When Alzner was getting benched in the playoffs just before he became a UFA, Habs didn't seem to be fazed.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
If the Wild are still interested in Domi, I'd love to get Matthew Boldy back in that trade. He would be a great fit in our prospect pool and on the team in the future. I'd be salivating at the thought of a Boldy-KK-Caufield line in a couple of years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We had that LD in Sergachev. Why we trade for a winger we don’t need?

Sergachev is worth more than Drouin today but we need to stop projecting Sergachev as a sure shot top pairing stud. He can be but not there yet. And remember, he's playing on a stacked team behind Hedman and McDonagh on the left side with some PP.

Sergachev is not even better than what Chiarot is today... In terms of play without the puck. Sergachev has work to do yet. Drouin is struggling yes. Please, tell us all about it. None of us notice that :laugh:

This is old news man.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sergachev is worth more than Drouin today but we need to stop projecting Sergachev as a sure shot top pairing stud. He can be but not there yet. And remember, he's playing on a stacked team behind Hedman and McDonagh on the left side with some PP.

Sergachev is not even better than what Chiarot is today. Sergachev has work to do yet. Drouin is struggling yes. Please, tell us all about it. None of us notice that :laugh:

This is old news man.
Completely agree with you. I'd love to have Sergachev on this team, but he's no Hedman and likely never will be. While he's a pure physical specimen, he definitely has some mental deficiencies and id prone to bone head plays. You'd hope he'd be able to limit them as time goes on but as you said, he has a long way to go.

I do think that by adding him to a pairing with Weber, he'd be able to learn from one of the best on the league in his own end and that would help expedite his advancement but he's far from a finished product at this point.

Also, Drouin may be struggling but he's still tied with the team lead in points and first in assists. So he also has a lot more to add. That being said, he is what you're seeing now. If Habs want more out of him, they're better off trading for another assets that better suits our needs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Completely agree with you. I'd love to have Sergachev on this team, but he's no Hedman and likely never will be. While he's a pure physical specimen, he definitely has some mental deficiencies and id prone to bone head plays. You'd hope he'd be able to limit them as time goes on but as you said, he has a long way to go.

I do think that by adding him to a pairing with Weber, he'd be able to learn from one of the best on the league in his own end and that would help expedite his advancement but he's far from a finished product at this point.

I just wonder... If the trade didn't happen. Would Drouin be worth more today than Sergachev? Drouin playing with that stacked roster and Sergachev playing on our team? It will be interesting to see how this looks in about 3 years. Bigger gap in value? Same as today? or does Drouin close it?

Remember... not many expected Subban to have less value than Weber. Subban at 31 vs Weber at 35?

Probability says Sergachev is an above average top 4D. Top pairing stud? It's possible but he's not there yet.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
3-way trade...

To MTL :
Anthony Mantha

To EDM :
Max Domi

To DET :
EDM 1st (14th overall)
Jesse Puljujarvi

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Now that we're set with KK Suzuki and Danault down the middle...

Trade Jake Evans for some solid pieces?
I love Jake Evans but you can't trade junk like Drouin and Domi and expect to get a solid return.
Maybe Jake is the odd man out who knows.

Personally, I'd keep him in hopes he replaces Danault eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad