Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Depends on what their owner/management wants to do... Do they want to be better now or are they OK with waiting for the futures to crack the line-up. They did make some moves this past off season where many thought the Devils would move up the standings and they didn't. They also averaged only 13k of attendance or something like that.

How patient are they? :dunno:
Last year we thought they would be beasts with Hischier, Hughes, Subban, Palmieri, etc. They ended up sucking but maybe they want to turn that around as soon as next season. They are weak on wing, so they might want to take a chance with Drouin, having three 1st picks can help.
Although maybe they add a less interesting prospect than Nolan Foote, in the end.

Reactions: DAChampion

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Drouin is definitely done in Montreal...That guy has no will.

That being said, you can't except to get a huge return for Drouin. I'm pretty sure his value is quite low. The only available option might be to trade a problem for a problem (like the Galchenyuk/Domi trade).

Ristolainen is an option.

But I would look towards EDM.

(MTL) Drouin + Gally (signed) <-> (EDM) Nurse + Puljujarvi + 1st round pick 2020 (14th) ?

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Price value might have got a lot higher with these playoff

The team wont be ready in one or 2 years to compete, dont even think we make the playoff next year.

Broberg (more than Bouchard) 1st Lavoie Neal Koskinen would work for me.

Salary wise it works.

Than we can check what Drouin and Domi can give us.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I wonder what it would take to pry Alex Tuch out of Vegas. He's exactly the type of player this team needs imo. Then maybe you can take a chance on Josh Anderson for cheap and voila, 2 big fast wingers that would instantly change the dynamic of the team.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Drouin is definitely done in Montreal...That guy has no will.

That being said, you can't except to get a huge return for Drouin. I'm pretty sure his value is quite low. The only available option might be to trade a problem for a problem (like the Galchenyuk/Domi trade).

Ristolainen is an option.

But I would look towards EDM.

(MTL) Drouin + Gally (signed) <-> (EDM) Nurse + Puljujarvi + 1st round pick 2020 (14th) ?

Giant no thanks to Pulj, a bust prospect is not what they need.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Giant no thanks to Pulj, a bust prospect is not what they need.

I'm not a big fan of Puljujarvi (hockey IQ mainly) but Drouin won't bring a big return I'm afraid. What can we get for Drouin? Not much in my opinion...

"At this point, I think the best they can expect to receive is another player that is struggling who may need a change of scenery."

Who are those struggling players around the league? I had puljujarvi in mind.. But there's surely many more.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I love the big hopes and ideas that make their way to these boards every year only to be dashed by minor signings or transactions. Wonder if this year will be any different with Price showing his ability to dominate, the D's showing they can play shut down hockey and the forwards showing their ability to suck badly. Should be an interesting off season or at least I hope it is...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Last year we thought they would be beasts with Hischier, Hughes, Subban, Palmieri, etc. They ended up sucking but maybe they want to turn that around as soon as next season. They are weak on wing, so they might want to take a chance with Drouin, having three 1st picks can help.
Although maybe they add a less interesting prospect than Nolan Foote, in the end.
Who actually said that. New Jersey roster is god tier trash lmao

John B

Nov 19, 2016
I wonder what it would take to pry Alex Tuch out of Vegas. He's exactly the type of player this team needs imo. Then maybe you can take a chance on Josh Anderson for cheap and voila, 2 big fast wingers that would instantly change the dynamic of the team.
I'm wondering if the Blue Jackets or Golden Knights would be willing to trade either of them for Drouin and a swap of first rounders. Maybe even a swap for first and 2nd rounders if necessary.

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
I'm wondering if the Blue Jackets or Golden Knights would be willing to trade either of them for Drouin and a swap of first rounders. Maybe even a swap for first and 2nd rounders if necessary.
I think Josh Anderson could be had for cheap, Alex Tuch on the other hand I don't know, but if Drouin and a sawp of pick is enough I'd be all over that trade.

Reactions: 1000eeer

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I think Josh Anderson could be had for cheap, Alex Tuch on the other hand I don't know, but if Drouin and a sawp of pick is enough I'd be all over that trade.
I think Drouin has a negative value... certainly when your will calling vegas. Your are asking. Wich player do you want here? He will ask the price for gallagher, danault, maybe domi. drouin? Not sure. He is the player with the highest aav without to be the best producer of the group of forward.. and if you call them and tell them. Hey. Drouin is availlable. His value will drop off the next minute like you will never see

Reactions: FLHabs

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Drouin has a negative value... certainly when your will calling vegas. Your are asking. Wich player do you want here? He will ask the price for gallagher, danault, maybe domi. drouin? Not sure. He is the player with the highest aav without to be the best producer of the group of forward.. and if you call them and tell them. Hey. Drouin is availlable. His value will drop off the next minute like you will never see
He does not have negative value.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
KK + Gallagher + Any dman prospect not named Romanov + 16th pick for Aleksander Aleksandrovich "Sasha" Barkov. Bring the Russian named finish player to his boyhood team

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He does not have negative value.
How can you saying that? The GM is not dumb. He will look about his +\- He is all the time in minus. He will look at his progression. No improvement since 3/4 years in term of points. Drouin at 25, his growth come at the end. You will be able to trade him against a guy in the same range, because yeah. He has a kind of value, top 6 forward. Nothing else..

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
Lol yea Drouin doesn't have much value in a Tuch trade imo, but that's why you sweeten it up a bit. On the other hand with a Josh Anderson trade I think that base is there and we know how much Bergevin loves these 1 for 1 hehe

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Lol yea Drouin doesn't have much value in a Tuch trade imo, but that's why you sweeten it up a bit. On the other hand with a Josh Anderson trade I think that base is there and we know how much Bergevin loves these 1 for 1 hehe
I agree. I think vs anderson it could work. Cause anderson didnt had a good season and he sign contract year by year instead of a long term. Drouin is signed for 4 years. So that could be attracting for a club like comlubus who have few difficulty to bring players. But honestly. Im not sure i would do it too against anderson. I don’t know a lot about this player. Tuch you will acquire him by an overpayment i think.

Jul 6, 2016
I agree. I think vs anderson it could work. Cause anderson didnt had a good season and he sign contract year by year instead of a long term. Drouin is signed for 4 years. So that could be attracting for a club like comlubus who have few difficulty to bring players. But honestly. Im not sure i would do it too against anderson. I don’t know a lot about this player. Tuch you will acquire him by an overpayment i think.

Anderson is having a hard time recovering from his shoulder injury, and he was beaten like crap in his last fight when he was injured. Before making any kind of deal for him, I would demand a thorough physical exam.

I would like Habs to try getting younger, big players like Samuel Poulin from Pittsburg, and-or Maxime Comtois from Anaheim.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Anderson is having a hard time recovering from his shoulder injury, and he was beaten like crap in his last fight when he was injured. Before making any kind of deal for him, I would demand a thorough physical exam.

I would like Habs to try getting younger, big players like Samuel Poulin from Pittsburg, and-or Maxime Comtois from Anaheim.
Thanks for the info. I didnt know about anderson. Yeah poulin and comtois would be great. They should ask a lot for them tought

FLHabs

Feb 18, 2017
The reason I like Anderson is the combo of size and speed (same for Tuch), he's like a train out there, him on the right of Suzuki and Tatar, or Domi (if still with the team) and KK, would really open things up on the ice.

Jul 6, 2016
Thanks for the info. I didnt know about anderson. Yeah poulin and comtois would be great. They should ask a lot for them tought

Pittsburg or Anaheim might have some interest in a guy like Domi, or even Drouin or Tatar. A LHD man could also be a Habs target... Brodin ? Fowler ? Lindholm ? Ekholm ?

Not much to grab on the UFA market. Hoffman ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00