Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I have never heard TT mention it and can’t find a direct quote from TT or anyone from the Habs org while doing a web search....
Fine... Here we go for Girard... If you don't read french ill translate later, but thats pretty evident Girard was the pick he'd make.

Quand les plans de Trevor Timmins déraillent

As for the Debrincat one, Ill agree that it holds less weight, because the quote is from 2019 but wtv.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Someone above our posts made an excellent point. MB is a good transactional GM. A terrible team building GM.

Interesting distinction...

I'd argue that "building a competitive team" is the #1 task of a GM.

Transactions
Contracts
Staffing
PR
Player/prospect development
Et.

These are all the components that GM's are more/less skilled in.

But if you are "terrible at team building", what that really says is you are a terrible GM (regardless of what parts of being a gm you do well at)

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Florida will loose Mike Hoffman via free agency.

we trade Drouin and our first round pick for their first round pick and Henrik Borgstrom.

we use the Florida pick and a second rounder to move up to top ten and pick Jake Sanderson.

We trade Max Domi, Karl Alzner and a second round pick to Minnesota for their first, Mats Zuccarello and Ryan Donato.

we use Minnesota pick for Jack Quinn.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Florida will loose Mike Hoffman via free agency.

we trade Drouin and our first round pick for their first round pick and Henrik Borgstrom.

we use the Florida pick and a second rounder to move up to top ten and pick Jake Sanderson.

We trade Max Domi, Karl Alzner and a second round pick to Minnesota for their first, Mats Zuccarello and Ryan Donato.

we use Minnesota pick for Jack Quinn.
Draft Day was a great movie.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I would pass. $9.5 million for 2 more years and it cost us a roster player plus cap space.
I agree Malkin is 34 he is still a good player but he isn’t what he used to be and he is definitely on the decline, so I can’t see him carry a team or being part of the reste going forward... It just doesn’t fit if you want to trade Domi you have to go for pick and prospect..

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like Poulin a lot, but you don’t trade Domi just for him. He just came off a 70 point season as a centre. They should be giving a lot more.

We agree on this one. I wanted Poulin+ a lot if we traded Tatar (playoff run and extra year left) but for the 25 year old Domi who is RFA controlled for 2 more years? We need a proven piece coming back and not sure the Pens have that piece we would value.

Who's the roster player you would take on top of Poulin?

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
Domi + 16th + + for Malkin

If it was a few years ago, I would endorse fully. Now not really. We need to keep the team young and keep flexibility on cap.

Draft picks: I think the years of drafting below 16 will be a thing of the past. Need to keep that pick unless you get a proven 2nd liner with potential to go the 1st line scoring forward. I would also keep my picks in the future as I really want to make sure I have them for an offer sheet.

Domi: I am willing to trade him but it needs to get you a comparable quality asset of average size and height (win-win) otherwise I stick with Domi. Someone similar to Anderson in Columbus.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Seems for years we were always set at wing and empty at center. Now looks like the opposite with wings not getting it done and center being our position of strength. 2020 is truly a bizarro year.

Looks like all our wings should be on the black to help improve the team, especially since we really only have Caufield as a legit top 6 prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think we are set at center

Agreed. However, I'm curious (not going to happen but still curious)... Lets say Crosby at some point wants out and has Montreal on his list. Would you engage on trade negotiations? What would it take? 5 more years left at $8.7M (age 33-37). 1 less year in term vs Price and they are the same age.

A small part of me says Crosby finishes that contract in Montreal.... I believe Crosby and McKinnon were Habs fans growing up. Not 100% sure

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems for years we were always set at wing and empty at center. Now looks like the opposite with wings not getting it done and center being our position of strength. 2020 is truly a bizarro year.

Looks like all our wings should be on the black to help improve the team, especially since we really only have Caufield as a legit top 6 prospect.

I think it comes together over a span of a few years. By that point, Weber is gone and maybe Petry and Gallagher too. Will Domi and Drouin mature in their 25-30+ years at the same time Suzuki and Kotkaniemi turn into impact top 2c's? Then add Caufield and whoever we draft in the next draft?

Do the Habs keep the core in place and keep inserting kids here and there? Or do they make a quicker movement towards youth and lets some vets go? Next 2 years will reveal a lot

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Agreed. However, I'm curious (not going to happen but still curious)... Lets say Crosby at some point wants out and has Montreal on his list. Would you engage on trade negotiations? What would it take? 5 more years left at $8.7M (age 33-37). 1 less year in term vs Price and they are the same age.

A small part of me says Crosby finishes that contract in Montreal.... I believe Crosby and McKinnon were Habs fans growing up. Not 100% sure

I don't want Malkin, but Crosby sure. I think Crosby has a good 7-8 years ahead of him, at least, but he should become a winger and we should see him as such. In other words, we shouldn't accept any trade on the presupposition that he's a center, because he's no longer an effective one on the first line. Faceoffs were always not one of his strengths, and he would be much more useful in a purely offensive role on the RW. Ie. Think about a trade around Tatar - Caufield+1st 2020+2nd 2020+2nd 2021 + 2 Ds of Juulsen, Brooks, Mete, Kulak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad