Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
The is no reason to entertain or even contemplate a possible Kopitar trade at this point in time for our team. $10M for another 4 years, modified NTC, still a good player but on the decline.

I'll take Danault at $4M less over Kopy.

Reactions: CDN24

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Sven Baertshi (cap dump 2 X 3.66) Kole Lind (RW prospect) for Washington 3rd

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
MB will try again to spend big coin on a UFA , it will fail...and we start this process of guessing all over again.

He needs to do a offer sheet....big money , not saying the best way, just saying the only way this clown gets a guy

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
MB will try again to spend big coin on a UFA , it will fail...and we start this process of guessing all over again.

He needs to do a offer sheet....big money , not saying the best way, just saying the only way this clown gets a guy

I hope he fails at spending big money on a UFA just like he failed when trying to sign Lucic. Not worth it.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We sadly lack RW, Caufield and Ylonen are the one Behind Gallagher Armia

Also we could pry another prospect instead, im just trying more realistic moves.

2019-20 Top 10 Vancouver Canucks Prospects - NHL Rumors

If we're talking prospects, Hillis and Evans may be RWers down the line too. Its honestly not a position that they'd go out of their way to get prospects for.

Realistically, Montreal isn't going to take on cap dumps for middle of the road prospects.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Trading KK and a 1st for Kopitar LOL

The Gomez trade but worse. It'd be like the Panthers saying "well we have Ekblad, let's trade 19 year old Barkov for Joe Thornton" and looking like idiots 3 years down the road.

Funny yes. Not like it makes a difference to you But remember, Kopitar with retention down to $7M ;) . You got 6 likes, you deserve more than that

Gomez trade but worse? That depends on what Kopitar does and what Kotkaniemi becomes (1C, 2C, or 3C) and if they hit with that 1st. Laugh and make fun all you want... I'd consider that move if we get Lafreniere.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The is no reason to entertain or even contemplate a possible Kopitar trade at this point in time for our team. $10M for another 4 years, modified NTC, still a good player but on the decline.

I'll take Danault at $4M less over Kopy.

It was if we get Lafreniere... the idea was finding a center that could shelter him.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
If we're talking prospects, Hillis and Evans may be RWers down the line too. Its honestly not a position that they'd go out of their way to get prospects for.

Realistically, Montreal isn't going to take on cap dumps for middle of the road prospects.

Like Armia?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Armia was not a prospect though. I can see us interested in Dunn for the same type of deal as Armia. I'd take Allen (not buy him out) instead of Steen though

I think most would take Allen before Steen, would be a decent back-up for a year and I don’t see Steen waiving his NTC so I think that’s not an option.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope he fails at spending big money on a UFA just like he failed when trying to sign Lucic. Not worth it.

I think he will kick tires here and there but likely puts more focus on players like Dunn or Leddy. Deals we can acquire for cheap and make the Islanders retain. Dunn will require us to take one of Allen or Steen. But it's possible the Blues move Allen and Steen in separate deals and keep Dunn and Pietrangello.

Bergevin will try to sign Kovalchuk and a back-up goalie where he only spends a fraction of the cap space for one year. If I was to bet money, that's what I would bet on. He might try to sign Gustafsson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think most would take Allen before Steen, would be a decent back-up for a year and I don’t see Steen waiving his NTC so I think that’s not an option.

Didn't notice Steen has a full NTC. That changes things a bit. Allen and Dunn in a package. I'd be down with that.

Allen and Dunn
vs
Mason and Armia

We might have to give the Blues their 2nd back and maybe include 1 or two of our 4ths? A good way to reduce our number of picks cause I think 14 is way too many

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Depends how you look at it?

Montreal could actually take on both Allen and Steen to make a trade for Dunn more possible. I still think we'd have to add to get Dunn, possibly Mete and, maybe, even, a draft pick as well (not a 1st rounder).

As far as Steen waving his NMC/NTC, if he's told up front he will be bought out, he might do it. He could then choose his own team with a better fit if he still feels that he can salvage his career a little longer at 36. Why suffer through a bad situation where you are instead?

Blues can threaten to buy him out either way so, staying wouldn't change anything.

Once things are made clear, there's not much preventing Steen from waving that clause to move to Montreal where he knows he will be bought out.

At between 2M and 3M, he might find a taker for next year who will play him in a role he can still play lower down on the depth chart. With the buyout money, he'd make similar money, in the end but, would be appreciated and wouldn't have to sit on his arse as a leper on the roster to earn that money.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Didn't notice Steen has a full NTC. That changes things a bit. Allen and Dunn in a package. I'd be down with that.

Allen and Dunn
vs
Mason and Armia

We might have to give the Blues their 2nd back and maybe include 1 or two of our 4ths? A good way to reduce our number of picks cause I think 14 is way too many

I think we'd have to send Mete the other way, along with heir 2nd back, plus take on one or two of their bad contracts to make that deal happen.

St-Louis has invested 5 years into Dunn and I'm pretty sure they want more than a Cap dump for their investment.

I'd definitely do it.

Mete, St-Louis 2nd

For

Dunn, Allen + Steen (if he agrees to the trade)

Slot in Dunn alongside Weber and put Allen between the pipes as backup to price for a year while Primeau gets the 31 slot in Laval for the full year. If all goes well for the youngster, even trade Allen for a pick at the deadline and give the kid a few games as backup in Montreal to end the season.

Try to extend Dunn for 6 years at 4.5M

Buy out Steen at 1.1667M X 2 years.

Let Allen walk at year's end if he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Dunn - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Juulsen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think we'd have to send Mete the other way, along with heir 2nd back, plus take on one or two of their bad contracts to make that deal happen.

St-Louis has invested 5 years into Dunn and I'm pretty sure they want more than a Cap dump for their investment.

I'd definitely do it.

Mete, St-Louis 2nd

For

Dunn, Allen + Steen (if he agrees to the trade)

Slot in Dunn alongside Weber and put Allen between the pipes as backup to price for a year while Primeau gets the 31 slot in Laval for the full year. If all goes well for the youngster, even trade Allen for a pick at the deadline and give the kid a few games as backup in Montreal to end the season.

Try to extend Dunn for 6 years at 4.5M

Buy out Steen at 1.1667M X 2 years.

Let Allen walk at year's end if he wasn't traded at the deadline.

Dunn - Weber
Chiarot - Petry
Romanov - Juulsen

I'm not a huge fan of Mete but he has more value than that IMO. Mete is a few years younger vs Dunn and might catch him in development (maybe, maybe not). But if he does catch Dunn, it's a very bad trade.

Do not buy out Steen. We need every single penny for 21/22 season. I would fight hard to not take on Steen. He complicates our forward depth even more and is not a need. If we didn't have cap challenges for 21/22, I would be open to buying him out.

Allen is the guy you take and not buy out and he becomes our best back-up in years! Then let him walk or better yet, trade him at the deadline if we are having another struggle year.

Very much interested in Dunn and Allen and I'd use picks. If they want a LD roster player going back the other way... send Kulak, not Mete. Mete might bust or be just a depth guy but trading him at low value is risky... at this stage anyways.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Depends how you look at it?

Montreal could actually take on both Allen and Steen to make a trade for Dunn more possible. I still think we'd have to add to get Dunn, possibly Mete and, maybe, even, a draft pick as well (not a 1st rounder).

As far as Steen waving his NMC/NTC, if he's told up front he will be bought out, he might do it. He could then choose his own team with a better fit if he still feels that he can salvage his career a little longer at 36. Why suffer through a bad situation where you are instead?

Blues can threaten to buy him out either way so, staying wouldn't change anything.

Once things are made clear, there's not much preventing Steen from waving that clause to move to Montreal where he knows he will be bought out.

At between 2M and 3M, he might find a taker for next year who will play him in a role he can still play lower down on the depth chart. With the buyout money, he'd make similar money, in the end but, would be appreciated and wouldn't have to sit on his arse as a leper on the roster to earn that money.

Or he could let the Blues buy him out, they can take on a cap hit of $3.4 million next season, and he becomes an unrestricted free agent and sign with any team he chooses.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Given the riches in picks, prospects, cap space we have in addition to the flat cap I think Habs would be primed to go big this off season with signings and trades to fundamentally improve our lineup. If that means throwing $8-9MM to Hall and trading for or offer-sheeting a guy like Sergachev, than that's something you have to do. I'd also have Domi at center as he had his career season as a center and produces best at that position. Give him a bridge for a year or two and let him show you what he can do while bringing in the younger players slowly. Once things play out in a year or two, we'll be in a much better position to make changes and keep the best centers rather than trading some now and possibly trading the wrong one too soon. So for next year, I'd go with something like:

Tatar Danault Gally
Hall Domi Suzuki
Drouin KK Armia
Byron/Lehkonen Poehling <-> Evans

Sergachev Weber
Chiarot Petry
Romanov Juulsen

Draft Holtz, Sanderson or Perfetti.

Once center becomes clearer, you can move out a center, promote another and move Caufiled and or Holtz to RW to fill the gap. This buys time, give young players more crucial experience and makes the roster more internally competitive as well as flexibility to trade out extra bodies for more picks moving forward. Guys like Kulak, Mete, Byron, Lehkonen, Armia etc. depending on who makes the cuts and who doesn't which also gives us more cap flexibility to bring in more younger players like Ylonen, Harris, Struble etc. in the future.

Last edited:

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Given the riches in picks, prospects, cap space we have in addition to the flat cap I think Habs would be primed to go big this off season with signings and trades to fundamentally improve our lineup. If that means throwing $8-9MM to Hall and trading for or offer-sheeting a guy like Sergachev, than that's something you have to do. I'd also have Domi at center as he had his career season as a center and produces best at that position. Give him a bridge for a year or two and let him show you what he can do while bringing in the younger players slowly. Once things play out in a year or two, we'll be in a much better position to make changes and keep the best centers rather than trading some now and possibly trading the wrong one too soon. So for next year, I'd go with something like:

Tatar Danault Gally
Hall Domi Suzuki
Drouin KK Armia
Byron/Lehkonen Poehling <-> Evans

Sergachev Weber
Chiarot Petry
Romanov Juulsen

Draft Holtz, Sanderson or Perfetti.

Once center becomes clearer, you can move out a center, promote another and move Caufiled and or Holtz to RW to fill the gap. This buys time, give young players more crucial experience and makes the roster more internally competitive as well as flexibility to trade out extra bodies for more picks moving forward. Guys like Kulak, Mete, Byron, Lehkonen, Armia etc. depending on who makes the cuts and who doesn't which also gives us more cap flexibility to bring in more younger players like Ylonen, Harris, Struble etc. in the future.

Not sure how we can afford that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two different types of cup contenders... Top Heavy and Well Balanced with skill.

The only team in recent memory to win a cup is the Pens IMO. Can one team do it again? Or do we see more Bruins, Blues, Caps type teams win it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->